All reviews panera bread habit burger pleasant hotel large shower kitchen area full kitchen coffee maker walking distance front desk staff dishwasher cooktop netflix sfo shuttle airport cable tv
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our stay - week of 9/3/2018 - four nights
Interior of rooms: bedding, kitchen area, utensils, refrigerator, microwave oven, bathroom, drapery, furniture clean. Temperature of room easily adjusted to accommodate personal choice. Breakfast menu and quality of food as expected. Dining area well maintained. Dining area not noisy possibly to due families with young children have already returned to school therefore mainly adults for breakfast.
Front desk staff service commendable the duration of our stay. Very cordial and accommodating in particular when we needed personal items i.e. toothpaste/toothbrush, etc.
Location ideal due to quick access to main freeways, walking distance to Bridgepointe Shopping Center and adjacent to Habit, Panera bread and a FedEx if needed.
Only drawback was daily "rush" by housekeeping for us to vacate the room to clean our rooms even though the tag was on the door outside. Wasn't an issue for us as they were cordial so we didn't contact the front desk or management. We normally left the room around 10:30-11:00.
All in all, would return and recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: Our room faced the front parking lot and the shopping center so did not hear any freeway noise.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On Sept 13,14, 2018 we Stayed 2 nights in room 106 first floor. Our room had a king size bed, very clean, modern facilities. The entire place is very roomy, kept extremely clean, and rooms are very quiet. Staff was very friendly but not very knowledgeable on how to get around in the area. The hotel shuttle to airport is free so we took it to the San Francisco International Airport so we could take the BART into downtown. Very affordable way to enjoy a stress free vacation. Paid less than $10 for a one way ticket to downtown and took the BART back to Airport. The hotel shuttle picked us up to take us back to our hotel. I highly recommend this property to everyone. Breakfast was perfect, hot eggs, potatoes, sausages.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2018

Most Recent Stay: 9/7-9/8

To be clear: If you have SPG, This hotel is the cheapest "points reward" in the SF bay area. (45min-1hr away from the city driving)

If you have SPG points, it might be worth considering. Otherwise, STAY AWAY. I needed to reach 10 stays to reach the next reward level, so I've used this hotel a few times when friends or family are a staying in town. Like other reviewers have said, they skimp you every chance they get and their amenities are not anything to write home about.

The rooms are very cramped and the cleaning needs to be improved. The top quits are very very dirty. The bathroom is wedged next to the bed, unlike in the hallway like most hotels. The view goes out to a parking lots on all floors (you need to keep your window completely draped shut for privacy)

The worst part: From my experience, for almost all the staff I've encountered, they are irritated, robotic, and rude. The front desk want to cycle you through as quick as possible, asking robotic questions while giving robotic answers and nods not even listening to your answer and staring at their screen.

They work through you as quick as possible The millesecond after they are done speaking with you, they call the next person up-- before I had even left the desk.

No pool unlike surrounding options, and the breakfast is extremely lackluster. It might as well be continental. The hot options for breakfast when I was here were a prepackacked egg with cheese patty.. Seemed very prepackaged and unhealthy and there were not any other healthier options.

When I arrived to check in on my most recent stay, one off the employees, (seemed like the manager) was following me as I had arrived at the hotel and was entering the back door. The back door had been locked and required a room key, and after trying the door and failing I saw the employee/manager behind me and I smiled and kindly said that I was checking in. She told me that I would have to walk around to the front, and gave me a look that she was sure I was lying-- like I was some miscreant trying to cause trouble. I then went around to the front, as she went through the back and there she was at the front desk with the front desk agent. As soon we we made eye contact, she scurried in the back. I then had a very awkward interaction with the front desk agent. Almost as if the manager had told her that some random person was trying to get into the building and lying about their stay...

The breakfast area is small, and the individual who brings food out stares you down as you take food, and gives audible grunts and sighs if you take large quantities of things. Sorry....

Overall, Just stay away. This place does have the advertised amenties, but every one seems skimped. Unless you must stay here or you have SPG points to burn, DONT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank theonlyandre
danb5132, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites San Mateo Foster City, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

We at the TownePlace Foster City are disappointed that you feel this way about our hotel. I can certainly tell you are staff has always had the reputation as being courteous, genuine,professional and efficient. I could not be in agreement about your assessment and feel it would be difficult to judge a hotels performance on one stay. This being the case we hope you give us another chance when visiting Foster City.

Dan Brown
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 5, 2018

I thought my wife & I have stayed at, or at least looked at, every hotel in the area from the San Francisco Airport down to San Carlos. Our daughter lives in San Mateo but their small house packed with kids and toys doesn't have enough room for the grandparents. So each time we visit I use TripAdvisor to find the best deal.

Somehow this year old hotel escaped my review. Perhaps because it is a suite hotel? Because it sits in the armpit of a retail complex and a busy thoroughfare? I am not sure why I missed it but I am glad I have now found it.

First of all, we are Marriott members so we could use points to stay here. Secondly it is just down the street from our former favorite, the Hilton Garden Suites. Unlike the Hilton, however, this hotel provides a free breakfast and is in the same parking lot as Mod Pizza, Habit Burger and a Panera Bread. The closest place to eat near the Hilton was the breakfast trailer at Home Depot!

We had a quick check-in recognizing our Marriott Gold status getting a room on the top floor (5th) overlooking the Bridgepointe Shopping Center and, more importantly, looking in the direction of the setting sun. The rooms are suites complete with a large refrigerator, cook top, microwave and dishes with utensils. The room was good sized with a convenient roll out desk. I liked the various light options as well as the multitude of electrical outlets available for electronic devices. The bathroom was good sized as well with their plenty of storage under the sink. And being a largely long term business hotel, there was quiet at night. No late night parties here.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

This is my second time staying here. I really enjoy this hotel, because of the friendly staff, free breakfast, and clean rooms.

A special shout out to Kenneth who checked me in both times. Both trips I checked in well after midnight and Kenneth was friendly, cheerful, and efficient. While my stays were 10 months apart, Kenneth remembered that I stayed there before. Kenneth was quick to check me in and covered all the amenities the hotel has to offer.

I recommend you stay at this hotel when visiting the Bay Area.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo