“terrible!”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
San Bernardino, California
“terrible!”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stay 200 nights per year in hotels............AND THIS IS NOT A NICE HOTEL, NOT EVEN CLOSE.
1st, they charge 100 deposit and its not a hold, its a purchase. And it usually stays on you bank account as a charge for a week. If you stay 3 nights, you will be billed 100 for each night (in case you damage of steal something is what they said) plus the room charge per night, thats over 500 per week on your card for 3 nights. The last time I stayed here, they promised me that they would no longer charge me the 100 per night......and when I showed up tonight, they did not honor their commitment. PARKING, it was all closed off tonight and I had to walk 100 yards. Oh, the last straw: There are a bunch of questionable people that stay here long term and its not nice.............I suspect they are prostitutes and pimps, because thats is exactly what they appear to be.

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank SEvans951951
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Fremont - Newark. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels overnight; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Santa Ana
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed at the extended stay deluxe in fremont my stay there was pleasent and comfortable, the staff were really nice and very helpfull, there were alot of people in the lobby, looks like there was some kind of construction going on at the time i checked in so place was full but the guest service rep was very helpfull opend the doors for me and even took me to an area were i can hear him talk because it was really loud at the lobby.
over all everything was great servise staff managers they were all very helpfull, i just would like to note down that the windows were a little hard to open and the bed was a little hard on my back.

Room Tip: I would say to choose a room away from the freeway thats about it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard M
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Fremont - Newark. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
0.2 km away
0.8 km away
Comfort Inn and Suites Newark
8.2 km away
Extended Stay America - Fremont - Warm Springs

Been to Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark? Share your experiences!