“Good Rooms....but that is it”

Comfort Inn Silicon Valley East
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good Rooms....but that is it”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The room are clean. Breakfast is lousy. All carbs no protiens. Beaware if you are health concious. The gym equipment are old and the swimming pool location makes it hard to find. To top it all, the Manager and front desk staff are unfit to be in hospitality industry. Recently while checking in, the front desk person did not took my credit card details. Day before I was to leave, I found my key was not working as the hotel has disabled it. On approching front desk and Manager, instead of admitting there mistake for not getting details, they threatened me by disabling the room key telling I will not be given access to my room till I give details. WOW. If you decide to go here, make sure the front desk has you card details when you check in

Room Tip: Room on the front side have better noise insulatin
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sb_triniti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Checkin was quick. Has 3 floors with elevator. Room was very clean and large. King bed firm and got a good sleep. No train noise as others have mentioned. Location is in an industrial/office area with nothing nearby but with a car you are not far from anything. Breakfast room is big with an attendent replanishing quickly but with the usual motel stuff. But what really matters is that this place is very clean and comfortable for a good nights rest.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D B
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 30 March 2011

This hotel seems to have been renovated but the property has interesting, pungent odors throughout. The room itself, a non-smoking room, smelled strongly of stale smoke. It was bad enough that we purchased a small air freshener.

Other nuisances include an extremely fickle key card reader (on one occasion it took me 20-30 tries to enter) and nearby train tracks with trains running in the early morning (as other reviewers noted).

Customer service and breakfast quality/selection were on par with the price -- not bad but not great.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cheets
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Decent place to spend a couple of nights, when on business trips, and in fair proximity to business districts. They offer complimentary breakfast . Service is polite and businesslike. While I did see some families (with children) around on a couple of occasions, I am not sure if it is the most entertaining option.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Nimishv
British Columbia
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Inn after a nearby hotel was booked full. When I checked in I was greeted by Alan who was super friendly and helpful. We were not expecting much from this hotel but I was pleasantly surprised when I got to my room. It was fairly modern, super clean and the washroom was spotless. This was my first time staying at a Comfort Inn (we normally stay at Starwood Hotels because I have a loyalty card with them and travel a lot for business) and I was blown away with the value. It included a breakfast in the morning (more than your standard continental breakfast) and most importantly I was stress that the room was SPOTLESS! I normally stay at Starwood Hotels because I know that they are going to be super clean when I arrive. I'm not obsessive compulsive over tidiness but I would pay more for a room that was clean (no dirt, stains, dust, streaks on the windows/mirrors or anywhere for that matter) and modern (no flaws in the paint, cracked grout or poor seals by the faucets). Yes I know that these are fairly minor but it is the small things that the hotel does that really makes it a better hotel than the other ones down the street. When a hotel pays attention to the small details you know that they are a quality establishment.

I was so impressed with my stay at this Comfort Inn that I booked my next stay at a Comfort Inn in San Diego (big mistake - not the same quality and cleanliness as the Fremont location). However on my return trip to Fremont, I made sure that I stayed again at the Comfort Inn at Fremont and not at the nearby Marriott which I would noramlly stay at when I am in Silicon Valley.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Erv_Chang
texas
Reviewed 13 October 2009

An excellent example of what a for 3 star hotel should be. The only thing missing is a restaurant within a block or two. They are close by, by car. Easy access to the freeway also. BUT there are the train track 1/2 block away. The trains seem to run on a random schedule starting at 5AM and finishing by midnight. But not every day was the same on a 5 day stay. I'd stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
California
Reviewed 21 January 2008

I have stayed in the area several times over the past year. But the hotel I prefer is the Holiday Inn Express in Fremont. I have also read the other reviews and find them very one sided. Yes there is a train crossing nearby from the NUMI plant, but the Hotel has upgraded most of the rooms with insulated windows that cut 98% of the outside noise. They are also upgrading rooms with new carpet and other amenities. The management and staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, safe and secure. I really enjoy coming back. I have stayed at other HIE and full service Holiday Inns as well and this one surpasses them all.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Nearby road construction makes closest off-ramp closed. Short detour available.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)