“Very good food...”

Denny's
Ranked #111 of 1,249 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed December 21, 2017

Great staff, really good, inexpensive food. Good food at reasonable prices. Family owned for years and it shows.

Reviewed November 26, 2017

Stopped for dinner. Service was fast and friendly and the food was good. They serve 3 types of wine here so you can enjoy a glass. Food specials are abundant and families are welcome. Stop and enjoy.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Same food, same menu in all Denny's, but all fine. Nothing special, staff helpful. They could clean the table better with clean cloths and not use same cloth the whole night

Reviewed July 28, 2017

Good Morning TripAdvisor friends…

…Sitting here, thinking about a recent friendship lost. You see, I have/had a now elderly co-worker who used to come by my house in the morning. He decided to uh.. "cut me loose and move-on.." Probably for the best to be honest for many reasons, lol..." I felt it was time. Glad it was he that made the decision. That way, I didn't have to be the bad guy, lol..

Well....., After having a good chat, a cigarette, and he telling me about "how it is in life," - his diabetes over the years would get him “all ready" for something good and affordable for breakfast.” And so, he’d say until last month: “Hey Mark, “let’s go and get something for breakfast..” So naturally, I’d reply "Sure" - and off we went…

Sometimes we were on a super strict budget, so we’d end up with a muffin from the golden arches, but in most cases, we’d end up at one of the Denny’s locations.

This location on Blackstone and Shields is actually, not that far from my home, so naturally, we’d end up “most of the time” at this particular location.

This Denny’s operates the way I think a Denny’s “should function.” Seems that "everything across the board" really works at this particular location.

I have been to all locations in Fresno, so I do know the difference in ambiance, service, food, quality, speed, checkout, and the like.. Well, this location gets an A in everything. The restaurant pretty much runs “always” – like a well oiled machine.

Service, cleanliness, seating, selections, portion size, food preparation, and follow-up always works the way it is supposed to. At other locations, to be honest, I have had problems with slightly flatter and slightly greasy pancakes, a couple with extremely slow service, one in Clovis that failed to bring my girlfriend's entree and a side, and one location that seems to have a rather long wait time at the front door. These problems I have “never had at the Blackstone and Shields location.” They seem to manage it all, and in record time.

The location is easy to access from Highway 41, seating is good, and the renovation is just “slightly below par, but nothing to really give anybody a twist over..” I really like this location. I’d recommend stopping in for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – anytime. Happily, and now that I'm an older man, I have decades of Fresno restaurant dining experiences at Denny's, so I know what they are capable of, and this location friends - IS RIGHT... :)

– Recommended!

Okay, that’s all for now friends. Have a great Denny’s Day! Best, Mark2006 

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

The food was good enough here. The staff was very kind and attentive, which made our visit a lot better. They also offer a 15% discount if you stay at the Best Budget Inn and show your room key.

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!