“Locally delicious ”

Da Rae Korean Restaurant
Ranked #140 of 403 Restaurants in Fullerton
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

When your surrounded by locals; you’ve hit a gold mine! This little gem is tucked in the Target Plaza on Yorba Linda Blvd/Placentia. Small parking lot but BIG flavor! There were 6 of us and plenty of food to go around! Please please, try the steamed AND fried dumplings; both are incredibly flavorful and the dipping sauce that accompanied them is outstanding. Also, the scallion pancake is like no other! Think Korean crepe; savory, warm and scrumptious. Entrees were “gy-normous” as my nephew would say! Orders of spare ribs, beef pot bibimbap and pork tenderloin with cabbage slaw went around the table. But my husband and I felt like we had the star items! Marinated sliced beef broth soup w/ glass noodles. WOW! The broth if this soup was rich and chunks of beef, potato, onion and glass noodles came up in every spoonful. My Pork Bulgogi Hot Stone Pot Bibimbap; super! The pork was crisp but still tender and the chili sauce on top was outstanding! It sat on top of white rice that was moist but crispy underneath!! Cooked veggie assortment was also on top; bean sprouts, carrots, cucumbers, mushrooms and topped off with a fried egg. The flavor can only be described as Korean magic! So good! Not the typical Korean BBQ (think Grill at table and cooking yourself) but for sure authentic Korean dishes! A must when your in the area!

Reviewed September 22, 2017

Near the Target mall in Placentia. Really small but has good authentic Korean food. Their water is purified and you really can taste the difference!

Most of their soups are good including the spicy beef soup, and the rice and dumpling soup. Their short ribs aka kalgi portion is a bit small considering the price but good as well.

Reviewed October 30, 2016

The name of this restaurant is misspelled in Trip Advisor's database (please see attached menu). Anyhow, we went there for dinner. I had the Chicken Bulgogi Hot Stone Bibimbap. This is my first experience with the hot stone bibimbap. The dish tasted very good. You have to mix the marinated chicken chunks with the toppings and the crisped rice on the bottom, I wish there were more chicken though. The condiments that comes with meal, typical of all Korean Restaurants were slightly different than I had previously. They were also good. They have a very extensive menu, We will come back to try other dishes.

Reviewed February 19, 2015

We took my brother-in-law here for lunch to celebrate his birthday. We were the only non-Korean customers which took as a good sign. Not an AYCE place, and sorry no beer!

Fantastic Korean Seafood Pancake, Jap Che, Chicken and beef Bulgogi! Delicious Tofu appetizer and spicy soup. Great kim Khi assortment.

Service was friendly, fast and efficient!

Great Casual eatery!