Garberville Motel(Garberville)
US$80
US$282
US$259
BestWestern.com
Inn of the Lost Coast(Shelter Cove)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$150
US$165
US$160
ComfortInn
All reviewssconesterrace roomeel riverstone bridgedecanter of sherrygolf courseantique furnitureno elevatoroverlooking the rivernice patioredwood countrystep back in timeromantic getawaylawn areaavenue of giantsqueen roommain building
Reviewed January 26, 2018

Had the experience of a lifetime. Facility, staff and food was first class. After meeting the owner, I can understand why our experience was so special. Its simply the attention to detail that is so impressive. Will never forget and look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Our suite was amazing. Quiet, comfortable and with a great view. Have no experience with other rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

If you like dark wood,granite,and castle like opulence you're in the right place. A repeat visitor. We were just passing by on a cold winter evening and decided to stop for a cocktail and a snack. Found out they're in the middle of a big remodeling project. 90% open, had gourmet sliders and a brew in the old bar. FANTASTIC as usual, great service, great food. Almost had to stay but we were on a schedule. We will be back in the summer to see how the remodeling works out.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck W
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

I only stayed one night whilst travelling down the coast, and enjoyed a decent meal in the restaurant. Floor staff were very attentive. The lobby and hotel itself are incredible buildings with an abundance of charm, however the room was not quite the same standard. The bed was uncomfortable and the bathroom a little tired looking. The air conditioning was loud and clunky.
However, I’d still recommend a stay here, the gardens are so serene and lovely to walk around and the staff are great. It’s a unique place that has enough character and history to ensure a memorable experience.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Munch29
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at the benbow a many times. For every type of travel, including personal retreat. including renting much of the hotel for a major event. Simply can't be beat. Stay here. Do not miss the benbow.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights. I have been to the Benbow Inn previously, but only for breakfast and dinner. This was my first time staying in the hotel. Our room was room 101 on the first floor. It was nice because we had our own entrance way thru our own patio. The room was a no frills room, with a fridge/freezer, couch, and desk. There was a basket filled with books to read. Every night our housekeeper gave us a bottle of sherry to drink which was very tasty. The hotel furniture was very old and historic. Bathroom was large and very nice. I was expecting the bathroom to be historic, but it wasn't (and I'm glad). The bed was very comfy. Breakfast was tasty. My only dislike is the 2 spiders that I had to kill in our room. With staying on the first floor and being surrounded by trees, little critters will enter into the rooms. Overall I would stay here again, just not on the first floor.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple