“my visit”

Humboldt Redwoods Inn
Humboldt Redwoods Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Garberville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2016

I was appalled at the amount of cobwebs and spiders found on the ceilings of my room.for such a small town I found it very overpriced.if you have small children watch out.everyone I ran into had been smoking and it wasnt cigarettes.there was no handicap avalability that I could find.good thing I can walk and dont need my weelchair flltime because there are stairs you have to climb and up to 50 feet you have to walk.would not recommend for anyone handicapped.guy at the front desk is nice but they dont stay there all night and dont get bac til 4 the next day so make sure you hav everything you need.

Room Tip: get there early because the whole town shuts down by 9pm
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi M

Reviewed 24 September 2016

A cute place with no second floor, so no noise above you. I had a great conversation with the front desk at check-in. Very knowledgeable about the town, surrounding area, and current goings on. Each room is cute and more than sufficient for road weary travelers. A great price! Hard to find a better deal in town... Easy walking distance to the grocery store too if you want to stretch your legs after a long drive. Cute "personality" on the grounds as well. Humor abounds in the form of hand made signs and in other ways... I chuckled to myself many times.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2016

This really should of been rated a "0"! Room was dirty and disgusting! We would of never stayed here but we waited too late to find a place and this was the only thing left. The whole town was disgusting with homeless laying out on the streets. Run as fast as you can from this motel and town!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kcmosep
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Think the above sums it up but to elaborate... The wifi was too patchy to open any pages (we are road tripping and needed Internet to book future hotels and plan routes and cell phone coverage out there is very poor). I was told by the receptionist man (owner? No idea he didn't introduce himself at all) that it's not his wifi, it's the area, and ask anyone it is terrible there. So I went over to the bar and grill, and used their wifi which was fine. That was one thing. The room was ok. We weren't expecting much but clean towels would have been nice. My bedside table was a fridge that froze all of our fresh supplies. Awesome. When we left in the morning there was a group of guys in the parking lot loudly discussing things whilst clouds of weed smoke billowed out from a nearby room. Just lovely. Oh and the pool was closed.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank palmafoodie
Reviewed 7 July 2016

This is a three star hotel so do not expect more that that. What we got was a clean and spacious room. (Room 23 for us) Bed was very comfortable and that was the reason we were there. Bathroom was spacious and again clean. It is at the start of town when traveling North. It was quiet even though closer to the Freeway. As noted the pool is not worth swimming in, but you are probably there to see the Redwoods and you are much better to find a swimming hole on the River, Owner is very friendly and helpful, and one of the nicest we came across. As noted by others the reception is not manned but the owner is only a couple of minutes away. We love these older motels with personality. It is part of Americana. So not a generic Best Western!! Support the local community by staying at a local hotel. For Food we recommend Eel River Cafe for Breakfast and Calicos which has live music for dinner. Both are full of personality and great hosts and great food. The locals are an eclectic bunch but we found them all very friendly when we worked up the nerve to talk with them.

Room Tip: Room 23 has two queen beds and is at one end of the hotel. Is a very large room!!!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2016

Room was clean, breakfast better than average for this type of motel. Easy access in beautiful area with the largest trees you will find anywhere. The town can truly be called Funky but there are a number of simple but very good cafes.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Hotel is easily accessible from highway. The office is not staffed continuously so you need to know that and be OK with that. Check-in was easy as long as I made the time window when the front office person would be there.

Room was clean and spacious. Grounds need trimming and you can't use the swimming pool (but we weren't planning to do so anyway).

This was the perfect stay for us as we began our Avenue of the Giants sightseeing trip.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Been to Humboldt Redwoods Inn? Share your experiences!