Geyserville Inn
US$110
Best Western Dry Creek Inn(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
US$169
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
US$350
Official Site
The Duchamp Healdsburg(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
US$357
  • Breakfast included
US$95
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrestaurant next dooralexander valleywine countrycovered parkingclos du boiswine tastingbalcony overlookingpool and hot tubdry creek valleygas fireplaceadjacent restaurantsonoma countysmall refrigeratorbed was very comfortablequiet locationwould stay here againpleasant stay
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I was so glad to stay here~ spacious, contemporary, clean room that was recently remodeled. My room faced the very clean, fenced pool and hot tub which had a door that opened to this area and had a little table and chair. The staff was very helpful and kind. Very easy to get to right off of 101. If doing "wine country" tours or tasting, do the wineries up in this area first then work your way down 101. I can't wait to stay there again and again! I felt very comfortable and looked forward to coming home at night and relaxing. At this time of year there were very few guests, which made for a very quiet stay.

Room Tip: Sunnier rooms face the pool with doors opening to the pool area but the rear rooms have views of the vineyard and yard.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JKCBtelluride
Reviewed April 17, 2012

First I'll say that this is one of my parents' favourite hotels and they come here fairly regularly on the way to see relatives in the San Joaquin valley. They like visiting the nearby wineries (especially Locals, which isn't a winery in itself but a joint tasting room with several area ones) and then retreating to the hotel to sit by the pool with a book and a nice drink.

So when my sister and I were on a road trip down the coast, they treated us to a night at the Geyserville Inn, and I can see why they like it so much! Our room was very comfortable, with a huge king bed (we haven't exactly liked sharing since we were little, but we can do it--but this time we didn't even notice the other one was there!) and a view of the hills and vineyards out the back. There's also a little virtual fireplace thing to add atmosphere. We got there a bit early but the front desk staff let us have the room then anyway.

It's a bit out of the main tourist area (i.e. Healdsburg) so isn't as dear, but you can still jaunt over there to pick up food to bring back. This is what we did--did some wine tastings around Geyserville and Healdsburg, pick up dinner at a supermarket in Healdsburg and bring the whole lot back to our room to enjoy.

We made sure to have a swim, a soak in the hot tub, and a nice glass of wine on our balcony. (Top tip: take along plastic glasses, and your drink can go into the pool area with you.) I remember waking up in the morning, pouring my coffee and looking out over the balcony, thinking I could definitely handle living like this. We only did one night because the next day was some festival or other and the price jumped up by a lot, but I'd definitely go back the next time I'm stateside.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor with a good view for the most relaxing time!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank cathteg
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This hotel is very convenient to the northern end of Dry Creek Valley. Reasoably-priced, very nice recently-updated rooms, beds comfortable, etc. My only complaint is that the walls in my room were not at all sound-proof and noise travelled easily between rooms.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2011

This is an out of the way gem. Not elaborate but very cozy and the area is a little out of the way however the views are worth it. Have stayed there before and decided to try it again.
Was not disappointed! Lou (at registration desk) even gave me a large piece of pumpkin pie because the restaurants were closed since I had traveled there on Thanksgiving day without first stopping to eat. She also gave me several tasting coupons and tips.
There are several wineries in the area to visit that make it worth staying a bit out of the way at this small hotel. You can drive over to Healdsburg in less than a half hour if you want to enjoy the town and upscale restaurant offerings.
I was very pleased with the cleanliness and quiet and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mmkSanFran
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We hit the sonoma wineries a couple of times a year and always the food and wine affair at the beginning of November (highly recommended if you like food and wine, a little tip: stay sat and sun nite to avoid one nite of jacked up rates). We typically stay in Healdsburg so we can park the car in the afternoon and walk to some wineries and dinner but lately, the budget hotels aren't so budget. And a recent Sunset magazine failed to mention America's Best but did mention L&M! Nothing against L&M, but if AB can't beat it, there's something wrong w/AB, and I can attest to that.

So we decided to try the Geyserville Inn. Price is much nicer than the B&Bs in Healdsburg and about the same as the budget spots. Room was large, clean and with good quality linens, bed, etc. The decor was a bit spartan but we're not sure if that's due to the over-sized room we got or if other rooms were similarly austere. Also, some of the fixtures (towel rack, sink) had seen better days. The TV was a bit disappointing as well...quite small with the audio lost in the cabinet.

Staff was friendly, check in/out a breeze. I'd rate the hotel 3 1/2 if TA would let me as it's above average but I'd have a problem w/very good.

There's a large lawn behind the hotel that could be nice if you had a need. The restaurant next door had an excellent Benedict.

We drove to 'downtown' Geyserville for dinner. It's a short hop and one could walk but it was rainy and we were sober so had no worries. Quaint little cross roads w/two or 3 good spots to eat and drink.

All in all, I'd do it again to save some cash, try something different and still be in the heart of the wine country.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank checkerInAz
HotelDan, General Manager at Geyserville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

We appreciate your comments! We are working on upgrading some more of our rooms, in addition to the TV's and other amenities. We pay close attention to our customer comments cards to try to improve our facility. Thank you again for staying!
Best regards,