1,589 results
All reviews evening reception koi pond made to order omelets starbucks coffee happy hour living room free drinks universal studios complimentary breakfast the managers mountain view omelet station beautiful lobby underground parking french toast morning breakfast pool and hot tub
Reviewed October 12, 2018

The Staff are amazing! Anne Valera was our Sales Manager for a meeting we hosted at the Embassy Suites and she was so pleasant to work with throughout the planning process. Anne was always happy to assist with every request (and we had many) and very responsive. She was even on-site to check in on our meeting on a Saturday which showed she really cares about her clients and ensuring everything goes smoothly. Everything went just as planned and our meeting was a great success! Thank you Anne. Our guests really enjoyed their stay at the Embassy Suites. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2018

The last time that I was in the Southern California area I stayed at an Embassy Suites in Anaheim so when I was looking at hotels for my current trip and the Embassy Suites were available, I looked a bit deeper.

The location was great since we wanted to visit Burbank and Hollywood and considered venturing to Santa Monica. The included hot breakfast and evening cocktail hour were also draws to it. Not being incredibly familiar with the area it seemed like it was in a safe location with a lot of conveniences around it. It was right off of 134, so getting to it was pretty easy.

I was able to do online check in through the app and got a digital key to my room. We spent the day out and about around town so when we got to the hotel we were able to go straight to our room.

The room we had, 225, was right off of the elevator. There was a little bit of noise from the lobby/bar area below, but nothing that prevented us from sleeping, especially in the main bedroom. We had a beautiful view of the roof and a bunch of air conditioning units, but we didn't spend a ton of time in the room so it really wasn't a huge deal. The layout was a bit odd, but the living room, with a sofabed, lounge chairs, TV and a table with chairs was on the left. From the door if you headed right there was a little kitchenette with a microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator and sink. That continued on to the bathroom, which had a shower, but no tub. Across from the kitchenette was the master bedroom. We had a king bed room and that room was very spacious. There was a desk in there, along with a bench at the end of the bed and a TV. Again, the window offered a view of the roof.

The beds were very comfortable, which is always nice and there were plenty of pillows and blankets for everyone. The only complaint about the bedroom is the lack of electrical outlets. Between phones and other personal gadgets and my CPAP machine we were hard pressed to find enough space. We managed, but an upgrade in that department is in order for sure. Bring a power strip if you have a bunch of things to plug in.

The bathroom had a couple of issues, which I brought up to the front desk on our way out. They weren't show stoppers, just minor annoyances. The shower seal didn't seal all the way, leading to water on the floor and the toilet would run from time to time. I'm not a huge fan of having housekeeping or maintenance in my room while I'm gone and it wasn't enough of an issue to prevent us from sleeping so I didn't say anything until we left. Hopefully they fixed it afterwards during the room change.

The breakfast was really good. They had a number of hot and cold items, Starbucks coffee and an omelette bar. The omelette bar was fast too. They cooked them on a flat, short order grill instead of in the small skillets like some places do, but they were tasty and they moved people through quickly. The bacon they had was also cooked well.

My only real complaint is paying $21 to park per night. It was kind of a wash between renting a car and using a ride share service, but ultimately the freedom of having our own car won out. Paying that $21 hurts though.

If I were coming back to this area again I'd probably stay here again. I think my next visit to Southern California will be to Disneyland though, which is a bit further away.

Room Tip: Avoid room 225 unless you want a view of air conditioning units
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2018

Having a parking garage was my draw to this hotel, aside from being Hilton Honor Members. Hotel was very nice and clean. Having the complimentary breakfast and happy hour is a plus. The gym was very limited, pool was small. Only issue we had was how loud the housekeepers were in the hallway while we were trying to nap. They were yelling down the hall, laughing and speaking loudly into their walkie talkies. Aside from this issue, the staff was very pleasant and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed October 9, 2018

It was a very good experience. Working long days means no friction at the hotel is required and that was what I had. The staff was friendly. Only negative would be the little store inside the hotel. It was a mess. Too much stuff...and not well organized. Looked like a stall at a flea market. Hand written receipts and shop keeper was not friendly.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

I was here recently for an overnight stay. The place was just ok. The room had a couple unused and wasted spaces and was definitely worn, but still comfortable. This whole place is in need of a renovation. There’s an Embassy Suites in Irvine that’s a ton more modern than this location. Notwithstanding, it’s conveniently located just off the 134. I had the digital key prior to the trip which was great and I used it to enter the underground garage and room; no need to check in with reception. If I were there for more than 12 hours, I would’ve wanted a better room. For Hilton Honors members, there’s a Hilton just around the corner. I was bummed that location wasn’t in the search results on their website; this Embassy Suites came up instead. I’ll definitely check out the Hilton next time.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Denise-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear 312newswannabe,

We appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel and are very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us. We are actively examining our guest suite appearance for updating. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our promise, and your feedback helps us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.