“We loved our meal”

Lola's Peruvian Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 490 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed April 10, 2017

Lola's is a cozy, intimate space offering Peruvian cuisine. The space is nicely decorated and reasonably quiet. The fresh bread with choice of accompaniments was delicious, but be careful not to eat too much -- save space for the generous dinner portions. My husband devoured his mountain of Arroz con Pollo and pronounced it "totally delicious." I ordered the traditional ceviche, and the seafood was prepared beautifully. I wish we'd had room for dessert -- but maybe another time!

Service was very friendly. If we lived here, we would definitely be back to try more of the tempting options on the nicely varied menu.

1  Thank Leebot

Reviewed November 7, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I ate at this restaurant hoping it would have some of the wonderful dishes that we loved so much on our recent trip to Peru. We were thrilled to see ceviche, Anticuchos, lomos saltado, and several criolla dishes. We had ceviche, beef heart anticuchos, and a chicken criolla dish. All were very good. Maybe not quite as good as those dishes at the top restaurants in Peru that we enjoyed so much - but very good none the less.

Reviewed October 18, 2016

We came for dinner last Saturday at 6 pm. Since I have eaten dinner here before and knew that their service was slow, I figured 2 hrs was plenty enough time for the 8 pm show at the Alex Theatre (almost next door to Lola's). Well, I was wrong.

There were a couple of people already waiting outside Lola's and there was a small podium set up outside the entrance, but no employee was around. We stood and waited and waited as more people showed up. After about 10 mins, we decided to write our name down on a tablet left at the podium. An employee finally came out and let a couple of customers inside.

We waited 45 minutes before the two of us were seated. The server was pleasant and took our order after bringing our waters. We ordered the special (roast pork) and a seafood pasta. We received our food at 7:15 pm, which was now 1 hr & 15 mins after we first arrived. Since the show started at 8 pm, we had to eat in a hurry instead of enjoying the food, which was quite tasty.

I know Lola's is a small restaurant, but they really need to expedite their service. Plus, they don't take reservations unless you have 4 or more people. I hate to say this, but as much as I like their food, I won't be coming back for dinner if I have a show to catch after dinner.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

Really enjoyed dinner here, first time at a Peruvian Restaurant. I had the Lomo Saltado with Yucca fries and white rice,flavorful, could taste the freshness of the everything on the plate. a joy to eat! Portions were good, ambiance was really nice. Our server was very helpful and had a good sense of humor. Would love to go there again and try the Rotisserie chicken...

1  Thank Shisell99
Reviewed June 27, 2016

Friend took me here for lunch. I have never tried Peruvian food. What a delicious change. I ordered chicken. they serve it with potatoes and gravy. however it is totally different, the potatoes are home fries and somehow stay crispy in the yummy sauce/gravy mixed with the chicken and veggies. They have lots of different dishes, that is what I recommend! Definitely worth a try