All reviews updated bathroom fresh towels priced hotel griffith observatory brand blvd parking lot americana hairdryer maids
Reviewed July 9, 2018

When looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the Glendale area, this one came up. It had the architecture of an older style motel with doors to the outside facing the parking lot. However, photos of the interior showed that the building, while it may be older, was completely modernized with all services upgraded. The updated bathroom fixtures, and lighting are very pleasing. The cabinets are innovative and modern. They offer a nice breakfast.

Room Tip: We like rooms on the top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
AstroPasadenaHotelGM, General Manager at Hotel Xilo Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here a few times this past month as my sons in the hospital. The customer service was great and the price was reasonable! Super clean and the free breakfast in the am is a complete full breakfast! Tasty and fresh! Loved it! Highly recommend!!! Very nicely designed to and the beds are out of this world comfy!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
AstroPasadenaHotelGM, General Manager at Hotel Xilo Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review we appreciated.

Regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2018

The hotel is as expected in Glendale, older and a little run down, the room was tiny and VERY smelly, a strange odor that could have been disinfectant or bug spray, either way, unpleasant and strong. The two full size beds were uncomfortable and squeaky, the pillows could have been newer, the sheets looked clean, as did the bathroom. There was plenty of storage and a refrigerator, coffee in the lobby all day and breakfast (which we did not have) till 9:30 am. Overall, OK for one night, would not stay any longer than that. The price was too high for what it offered.

Room Tip: Try to get a non-smelly room, maybe ask to see it first.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Lucky I only needed to stay here for one night, so it was OK for a quick sleep. The thing that grossed me out was the dark hair in the shower and the towels. I have blonde hair so I know it wasn't mine. I expect those kinds of things to be standard for cleaning in all hotels. Also, there wasn't anywhere at the hotel to get bottled water. It was already late when I got there so I didn't want to have to leave the hotel. They need a vending machine or at least warn their guests so they can get water ahead of time.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Sara P
AstroPasadenaHotelGM, General Manager at Hotel Xilo Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear guest,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience as it does rarely happens. I hope you would consider visiting us again if you are in Southern California. Please reach out to me directly and I will make sure you are hundred percent satisfied.
In regards to the water bottles we do have a vending machine and ice machine located by the pool and fitness center, I am sorry we did not inform you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2018

My daughter and her boyfriend needed a room for the night because they missed their flight. A friend paid for a accessible room at Xilo for the night. They get there to be told that they had no room. They had given it away and there was nothing they could do. They had a confirmation and the money was taken. I called and was told there was not manager available and that they didn't charge the card. But they did charge it. After a hour they told them they were staying too long lobby because they were not guests.

Toss them out on the streets of LA with no where to go.

Room Tip: stay away if you have a disability
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple