“Convenient, but nothing special”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
Seattle
“Convenient, but nothing special”
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Basic, older hotel. Spacious room with refridgerator and small table. Large outdoor deck that was convenient for drying diving gear. Free breakfast was not worth going for. Met our needs for basic place to stay. Not intended as a destination hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Seattle_Traveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Graz
Reviewed 24 April 2009

Econo Lodge Glendale LA
Motel style and no AAA stars. Very tiny lobby.
Buildings surround the parking lot and a small pool with jaccuzzi. Some plants and flowers give the courtyard a friendlier look.
Rooms were standard with 2 beds, chairs, table. No wireless internet, but free with cable (unfortunately those cableds don’t plug into european laptops).
You were not disturbed by traffic noise though it’s located right on a busy street, near BW Eagle Rock. Many shops, small restaurants and a supermarket in walking distance.
It was a standard motel room (on the internet the whole place looked much nicer), we had a room on 2nd floor. Unfortunately we got one in a corner right opposite to a wall (nice view, uh..) and in this small corridor it was terribly hot. Even with the aircondition on it was a bit warmer in the room than in our friends room that was a bit away from that corner. Fortunately we only had there a night because of the view – I would not have wanted to stay there for longer time.
The bathroom was very tiny with toilet and tub. Shampoo and soap provided. Water pressure ok.
Beds (2 queen) were good and sink was in the back of the room. Working desk is there as well.
In the morning you will get some danish pastries and coffee and juice for breakfast.
No high quality rooms but clean and ok for a night.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
sunnyvale
Reviewed 21 August 2008

Stayed here for 4 nights. nice, quiet rooms. we had a room with two queen beds, but no full kitchen. rates are fairly low. the hotel has only about 30 or so units, so gets filled up quickly. we noticed that it stayed full while other hotels , across the street, appeared to have a high vacancy rate (based on vehicles in the parking lot). has a nice patio on the upper floor, that gives good views of the hills in the distance. very close to shopping areas, and close to pasadena.
likes - quiet, peaceful area, easy access to grocers across the road, easy access to several freeways. moderate rates. a similar unit in extended stay would have cost nearly double.
dislikes- we needed a rollaway bed. the one we were given had a terrible sag and was useless. the other two beds in the room were firm enough, but were occupied by other members of my group. no bread slices with breakfast. no eggs either.

• Stayed August 2008
3 Thank SunnyvaleBayareadude
Southern California
Reviewed 8 August 2008

We chose this property based on good reviews both here and on another ratings website. It's located in town, near a lot of different things. The management was very kind and accommodated our need to check in early due to tickets to the Warner Brothers VIP Tour (EXCELLENT tour; we recommend it!) at 1:20 in the afternoon. Everything was fairly new and very clean. The only disappointment was no in-room coffeemaker, but the small continental breakfast had coffee available. The pool and jacuzzi are small, but we didn't try them out as we were really busy.

If we come up here again (and we probably will), we'll most likely stay here again. It's only about 10 minutes from most of the Hollywood stuff.

• Liked — Clean, well located, nice hosts
  • Disliked — Small parking lot, no in-room coffee pot
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DonnaR57
Tustin, California
Reviewed 26 June 2008

This is my last night at the Econo Lodge, Glendale, CA. My company wanted to put me in the Hilton. But, I asked for the Econo Lodge after reading tripadvisor's reviews of all the establishments in Glendale. I was surprised to see all the other employees who were to be put up at the Hilton, also chose the Econo Lodge.

It is just what I hoped for: very clean. Everything looks brand new: microwave, refrigerator, paint, furniture (nice wood). Bathroom is superclean, hot water comes quickly for the morning shower. Comfortable king size bed, not too hard or soft, lots of lights, good air conditioning. The desk is large, the round dining table seats two. The 25" TV has HBO, but I used my computer to download Netscape's "Watch Instantly" movies through the high speed internet connection that was provided at no cost. Mgmt can provide a Cat 5 cable if you forget yours. Local calls are free.

I feel very safe here. It's quiet. Mgmt and crew are pleasant. There's a patio on the upper deck that's nice for eating.

The only hiccup I can think of is that one of the electrical outlets didn't work so I had to unplug a lamp for my laptop and, if you eat a big breakfast, the continental won't fill you up: coffee, oj, sweet rolls and English muffins. But the supermarket is across the street.

• Liked — Cleanliness, a/c, high speed internet
  • Disliked — minimal continental breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
6 Thank NtecInTraining
Ridgecrest, CA
Reviewed 24 May 2008

I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Glendale for 2 nights (May 21 and 22, 2008). I was staying in the area to do some shopping (coming from a town 3 hours away with very little shopping opportunities) and was by myself so wanted a safe place and a clean room.

I was very happy with my room! The carpet was brand new! The room was very clean and comfortable...absolutely no complaints!
Also, the hotel was very quiet and I felt safe..no worries there either!

So, now I have a new "go to" place when I am in this area and I am so familiar with the whole area that I like to come down every so often just to shop! With the good price I have more money to spend on shopping and eating out.

Patti

• Liked — Clean room
  • Disliked — Worked perfect for my needs..close to great shopping in Glendale and Pasadena
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
4 Thank Irelandtourgal
florida
Reviewed 16 May 2008

If you want a clean, nice room at a great value this is the place. Our room was well above many higher priced hotels and was a wonderful surprise to a late flight into LAX, bathroom was spotless clean. It is also in a good area and location with many places to eat, simply can't say enough about our room. Will stay here again when I return to LA. Highly Recommend

• Liked — Everything was great.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank myworldtravler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
3.1 km away
1.5 km away
Comfort Inn Near Old Town Pasadena in Eagle Rock CA
2.8 km away
Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!