“Very convenient location and comfortable”

Vagabond Inn - Glendale
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
Rockville, MD
“Very convenient location and comfortable”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Vagabond Inn for the last four years. The Inn is very nicely located in the heart of Glendale, and is very convenient to shopping,entertainment, and dining. The rooms are always clean and linens are refreshed daily. The entire staff is very friendly. Parking is available at no cost, and coffee is always made fresh every morning. The Inn is reasonably priced, more favorable than many higher priced hotels in the area. As we continue to visit family in Glendale we will always stay at the Vagabond Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lemmelou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Palmdale, California, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Excellent service - Front Desk Staff was very welcoming and friendly. Prompt to process my reservation. The room was very spacious and cozy (I specially liked the extra plugs for laptop that included USB connection for phone - didnt have to unplug anything to connect my computer) Free parking and walking distance to the shopping centers made my stay all the better.

Room Tip: I would go for the King Size bed with all the amenities. WiFi and even a flat screen TV made my stay...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Robby637
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I stayed at this Hotel because i was taking my State Board of Barbering Exam. This place worked out perfect as it was within walking distance to where i needed to go for testing. I was given a 10% fiscount when the lady checking me in asked if i was there to take the exam. The Hotel was very clean and the staff where very friendly. I actually enjoyed my stay eventhough i was kinda stressed but everything worked out better than expected. The best of all was i passed my test and i am now a licensed Pro Barber. I do recommend any other students taking the exam go to Vagabond it is very convinient.

• Stayed October 2011
Reviewed 9 December 2011

My friends n I stayed here for Thanksgiving weekend n we just loved it. This place worked out perfect since we where visiting family n to shop too. The Americana is right across the street n the Galleria is like 5 min or less walking. We had a blast. The staff r super friendly n pro. The Room we were in was super clean including blankets n towels. To be honest we were impressed. Wifi worked great n we also got free parking which was great. We will definately be coming back soon to go shopping.

• Stayed November 2011
New York, NY
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This hotel is located in a great location, and right across from the Americana mall (and very close to an In n' Out Burger). I originally booked a room for $90 on hotels.com but then rebooked the room on the hotel website for $78 including tax (30% off if you stay 3 or more nights).

My husband and I were originally given room #102, which was a handicap accessible room. The staff told me that the room was the only one available for that price point, which I found a little strange. Although it was a handicapped room, the room was smaller than usual. The room could probably use an upgrade but it was clean and cheery. It also had a refrigerator and a microwave. Unfortunately, the wifi signal didn't reach room #102, but the hotel offered us to move us to another room.

The new room was much bigger, and even had a coffee machine. The wifi signal was strong as well. We stayed at the Vagabond for 6 nights and were satisfied with our stay. The hotel provided shampoo, bar soaps, so remember to bring your own conditioner and toothpaste.
The bathrooms were well-maintained and clean, and the beds were comfortable but a little soft. The breakfast spread included donuts, apples, oranges, bananas, coffee, dry creamer, and apple/orange juice. We opted out of the hotel breakfast, and instead went to Foxy's, which is just a stone's throw from the Vagabond.

This hotel offers great value for the price, and I would definitely stay here again when I visit.

Room Tip: Some rooms have flat screen TVs and some have older TVs- ask for a room with a flat screen if it rea...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1000travels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I scoured the LA Basin for a hotel that was under $100 that had two queen beds and that wasn't in a ghetto or doomed to kill my back with horribly uncomfortable beds, and I found one.

This hotel was in a great location with a large shopping area across the street and a good restaurant (Foxy's) a few doors down.

The front desk staff was friendly and professional. The beds were very comfortable and the noise levels were low, with the exception of the snoring coming from others in my room, and trust me when I say I wish the hotel could have done something about that!

The continental breakfast was just donuts and fruit with coffee and juice to drink. I love donuts, so I was okay with that!

The only thing that keeps this from being a five-star review was that the housekeepers kept failing to leave us towels for three people, so we were always short. Also, the towel rack fell off the wall and there was water damage in the bathroom. But these were minor issues in my mind and I would definitely stay here again, and probably will.

• Stayed November 2011
VIGlendale, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and also for your feedback. This will help us improve quality of service and staff trainning. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for the minor issues you had through out the stay repairs have been made to the Room right after your check out date. Once again thak you from all of our staff and Happy Holidays.

Sincerely
Joana GM
Scarborough
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Booked Vagabond Inn, Glendale through hotels.com at around $90 nightly rate which consider it is not that bad when it's around the Los Angeles area. Two of us stayed 3 nights during a mid-week in June and we were happy. Inn provided free wifi, free parking, swimming pool, elevator, free breakfast.

We arrived in the late afternoon and the young lady staff helped us to check-in. However, she did not provide me some info until I asked such as breakfast time, if local call was free, hours of the swimming pool. One good thing was, she arranged us the guestroom at the top floor to avoid the noise from the guests about you. There was an elevator in the hotel which saved us hassle from hauling suitcases from ground to above. Room was clean and no problem. We just need a place to sleep so that other than free wifi and free parking, nothing much that we cared for amenities.

Guestroom that we were arranged located near to the front of the hotel where the staff indicated the wifi signal was very poor at the back part of it so mind you to get the right room if you need to get connected wifi. There was some noise when we turned on the in-room A/C and a technician was sent to inspect. He was helpful, and quickly found out the loosen fan motor screws was the issue. He tightened the screws and noise suppressed to almost 0db.

Location was good and was not that ghetto than we originally thought. The Americana at Brand (built in 2007) just a few steps away which we did not know there was a beautiful out door shopping area close to Vagabond Inn when we made the reservation. Google "The Americana at Brand" and you know what it has. Also Glendale Galleria, the indoor shopping mall just next to The Americana.

On-site parking at night seemed to be safe and no issue found. Front desk staff should provide you a note that you need to show up on your dash board every night. It was a mid-week during our stay so that parking was never full as seen. Overall it was a cheerful stay. It's good for the money we spent.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
VIGlendale, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay @ Vagabond Inn Glendale. I am glad your stay worked out as you expected. We have recently upgraded our Wi-Fi and it's working better than before. Connection is faster and it's reached through out the property. Our Guest reviews are very helpful as they help us for improvement of quality and staff training. Hope to see you next time your in town.

Sincerely, Joana GM