Vagabond Inn - Glendale
US$90
RodewayInn
Glendale Lodge(Glendale)(Great Value!)
US$112
All reviewsacross the streetgreat locationcontinental breakfastroom was cleanamericana at brandwalking distancefree parkingshopping mallstay there againlos angelesa great place to staycoffee makervisiting familyone night stayfridge and microwavenon smokingchecking in
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Excellent service - Front Desk Staff was very welcoming and friendly. Prompt to process my reservation. The room was very spacious and cozy (I specially liked the extra plugs for laptop that included USB connection for phone - didnt have to unplug anything to connect my computer) Free parking and walking distance to the shopping centers made my stay all the better.

Room Tip: I would go for the King Size bed with all the amenities. WiFi and even a flat screen TV made my stay an enjoyable one.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Robby637
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed at this Hotel because i was taking my State Board of Barbering Exam. This place worked out perfect as it was within walking distance to where i needed to go for testing. I was given a 10% fiscount when the lady checking me in asked if i was there to take the exam. The Hotel was very clean and the staff where very friendly. I actually enjoyed my stay eventhough i was kinda stressed but everything worked out better than expected. The best of all was i passed my test and i am now a licensed Pro Barber. I do recommend any other students taking the exam go to Vagabond it is very convinient.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed December 9, 2011

My friends n I stayed here for Thanksgiving weekend n we just loved it. This place worked out perfect since we where visiting family n to shop too. The Americana is right across the street n the Galleria is like 5 min or less walking. We had a blast. The staff r super friendly n pro. The Room we were in was super clean including blankets n towels. To be honest we were impressed. Wifi worked great n we also got free parking which was great. We will definately be coming back soon to go shopping.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This hotel is located in a great location, and right across from the Americana mall (and very close to an In n' Out Burger). I originally booked a room for $90 on hotels.com but then rebooked the room on the hotel website for $78 including tax (30% off if you stay 3 or more nights).

My husband and I were originally given room #102, which was a handicap accessible room. The staff told me that the room was the only one available for that price point, which I found a little strange. Although it was a handicapped room, the room was smaller than usual. The room could probably use an upgrade but it was clean and cheery. It also had a refrigerator and a microwave. Unfortunately, the wifi signal didn't reach room #102, but the hotel offered us to move us to another room.

The new room was much bigger, and even had a coffee machine. The wifi signal was strong as well. We stayed at the Vagabond for 6 nights and were satisfied with our stay. The hotel provided shampoo, bar soaps, so remember to bring your own conditioner and toothpaste.
The bathrooms were well-maintained and clean, and the beds were comfortable but a little soft. The breakfast spread included donuts, apples, oranges, bananas, coffee, dry creamer, and apple/orange juice. We opted out of the hotel breakfast, and instead went to Foxy's, which is just a stone's throw from the Vagabond.

This hotel offers great value for the price, and I would definitely stay here again when I visit.

Room Tip: Some rooms have flat screen TVs and some have older TVs- ask for a room with a flat screen if it really matters to you.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1000travels
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I scoured the LA Basin for a hotel that was under $100 that had two queen beds and that wasn't in a ghetto or doomed to kill my back with horribly uncomfortable beds, and I found one.

This hotel was in a great location with a large shopping area across the street and a good restaurant (Foxy's) a few doors down.

The front desk staff was friendly and professional. The beds were very comfortable and the noise levels were low, with the exception of the snoring coming from others in my room, and trust me when I say I wish the hotel could have done something about that!

The continental breakfast was just donuts and fruit with coffee and juice to drink. I love donuts, so I was okay with that!

The only thing that keeps this from being a five-star review was that the housekeepers kept failing to leave us towels for three people, so we were always short. Also, the towel rack fell off the wall and there was water damage in the bathroom. But these were minor issues in my mind and I would definitely stay here again, and probably will.

• Stayed: November 2011
VIGlendale, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and also for your feedback. This will help us improve quality of service and staff trainning. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for the minor issues you had through out the stay repairs have been made to the Room right after your check out date. Once again thak you from all of our staff and Happy Holidays.

Sincerely