“Very Scary Place - Glad I saw it during the daytime” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Studio 6 Gorman
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gorman
Brentwood, California
“Very Scary Place - Glad I saw it during the daytime”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2008

I turned off of I-5 and to use the restroom at the Carl's Jr next to the Gorman Lodge. I did not even know that the Gorman Lodge was a hotel. There were no cars anywhere near the place. The trees and grass were unkept and nearly dead. The paint, windows, and walkways were in miserable condition. It looked like a set for a low budget horror movie. Is this place actually open? !! I am glad it was daytime when I went by - it was frightening enough then.

• Liked — It was daytime when I was there - less scary.
  • Disliked — That it is open for business - Stay Away!! For the love of God!!
  • Stayed June 2008
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
econolodgegormanca, Webmaster at Studio 6 Gorman, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for these comments even though you did not choose to stay with us. Our hotel has always been clean, comfortable and a great value, but we have recently improved most aspects of the property and are providing a better experience than ever. We sincerely appreciate all comments, and we hope you’ll consider staying with us if you pass this way again.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
san francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2008

We found this hotel to be of good value. They had the lowest rate in the area. They had a clean and quiet room. We reserved at the Econo Lodge on our way to Disney Land, and on our way back to the Bay area we were too tired to drive all the way back and so we checked in at the Econo Lodge again.
We saved $$$ on our trip staying at this hotel, an extra tank of gas. The place is clean, safe and helpful staff.

• Liked — Good Value
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pacific_surfer71
Fallbrook, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2007

Last minute decision to stay at this motel. Should have checked here first. This place was the dirtiest, nastiest place I have ever paid (twice) to stay. Had to clean the toilet to use it. Didn't use anything else in the bathroom because it was disgusting. The area where we checked in wasn't bad looking and deceptive when viewed online because the room was so bad. How hard would it be to have half a dozen rooms with decent furnishings and somewhat clean, in a motel that does so little business. How hard is it to know when something should be cleaned? As for paying twice, it only took three weeks for the corporate office to refund the second charge on my credit card bill. But they did fix that. Of course the night manager didn't speak English or Spanish so well, that was the excuse for it being so down right filthy. I don't know how this place is even open and hasn't been shut down by the local health department.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The filth.
  • Stayed July 2007
1 Thank Momca
Dear Guest,

We’re writing today to thank you for taking time to comment about this property and let you know that our clean, comfortable and affordable hotel is now better than ever. While we may have fallen short of some expectations in the past, we strive to provide 100 percent customer satisfaction these days, and that’s a goal we’re meeting in most cases. I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Gorman hotels

Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2006

We stayed at this Econo Lodge property on the very early morning of 8/19. We'd been driving for six hours and this was the only location that had a vacancy (we'd checked the last five exits off of I-5 and nothing else was available). It was 5:00am and we were too tired to care where we stayed, really... we just needed to sleep.

The woman at the check-in desk offered me $89 for a room based on having a valid travel agent id, but I'm sure they'd have offered that price to anybody at five in the morning to make a quick buck. I believe the regular rate was $99 or $109. She asked me if I wanted one bed or two.. I said that one was fine. She offered me a room with two beds in it and advised me that one of the beds was broken and "I'd know which one was broken right away". I thought to myself.. okay!

Upon arrival to our room on the 2nd floor, we didn't inspect too much.. we used the restroom and climbed straight into bed (after a quick once-over to ensure nothing was visibly crawling anywhere). I turned on the air conditioner to drown out any noise from I-5 and sunk into a rock-like slumber.

When we woke up, we realized just how bad this place was. Missing ceiling tiles, the electrical outlets were falling out of the walls, the bathroom sink counter was severely broken (while leaning over the counter to brush my teeth it seemed as if it were hanging by a thread), the grout in the shower was nonexistant around the tap, showerhead and hot/cold nozzles... they were just sticking out of the wall uncovered. The floors didn't look vacuumed, and there were random holes in the walls here and there. I can say that I didn't encounter any bugs of any kind during our brief, 6 hour stay.. but then again, we didn't stick around to find out.

When I was checking out, the man at the front counter was trying to make a joke with me.. I was advising him that I was there to check out, and he said, "You can't." I, still a little sleep deprived, queried, "Why is that?" He replied, "Because that would mean that you didn't like us!" and asked me if I enjoyed my stay, etc. He was so very proud of his property, that I didn't have the heart to tell him no; as all I did was sleep for a few hours.

I certainly didn't go into the place expecting a five star resort... so if this is what you're looking for, definitely keep driving!

• Liked — They had a vacancy...!
  • Disliked — The room looked like it had gone through a hurricane.
  • Tips/Secrets — If you just need a bed to sleep in after a long day of driving, and you don't care at ALL about your accomodations.. this is the place for you.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
6 Thank Jennifer M
Dear Guest,

It’s been years since you left these comments for us, and I’m writing to let you know that you’ll find a much different experience if you come this way again. While we fell short of expectations in some cases in the past, we’re strive for and often achieving complete customer satisfaction now. We’re better than ever, and it shows in everything we do.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2006

It is a great place to stay if your offroad riding in Hungry Valley SVRA.

Let's face it...it's a bed, shower and gets you out of the elements.
The pool was very clean and refreshing after spending the day riding in dirt with the temps in the upper 90s.

Leave the kids in the RV for a night and get a room for you and your wife. Then bring the kids and friends back to cool off in the pool.

I have stayed in worse places...

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
tarahdb
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2004

I had the misfortune of being stuck here one night last winter, and it was the nastiest place I have ever stayed. I would have slept in the car if it hadn't been so cold out. There were water stains on the ceiling and the lamp. The "pillows" were pieces of bare foam stuck in pillowcases. Our "nonsmoking" room had the odor of old smoke about it and the walls had turned sort of yellow like in a smoker's house. The sheets were stained but didn't seem dirty, but after seeing the condition of the rest of the room I was so creeped out that I slept on top of the bedspread. The last straw was the carpet - it smelled funny and it was STICKY. not just in one place, either. the whole carpet was gross. the boy at the front desk seemed like he wanted to help but was afraid he would get in trouble with the manager if he gave us a refund (the manager was not there) and i felt so bad for him that i didn't press the issue. so... yeah. NEVER STAY HERE.

8 Thank tarahdb
Dear Guest,

While it’s been years since you left these comments for us, we’re writing now to let you know about some changes at our clean, comfortable and affordable property. We offer a better experience than ever -- and that includes better customer service and better accommodations. I hope you’ll try us again when you pass this way. We’re meeting and exceeding customer expectations every day.

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2004

Feel like you're in a movie. Just not a good one. This is one wierd motel. It's set in the mountains, just off I-5. Upon entering, you realize this was not originally an Econolodge. The lobby is strange, and looks like something out of a a bygone era. Might have been a nice place 30 years ago - nothings changed since then. It's kind of creepy. The rooms had interesting, old, substantial furniture, but the place was not clean. We just felt like the place was haunted, as we were about its only guests. Try it, it will be certainly your most memorable Econolodge.

8 Thank ebexplorer1
Dear Guest,

Thank you for these comments, left several years ago. Today’s message is to let you know that we’ve changed in many ways since your stay and we are now providing a better experience than ever before. We sincerely hope you will try us again and find out how this clean, comfortable hotel is exceeding customer expectations every day.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorman
3.8 km away
23.0 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge
23.0 km away
BEST WESTERN Liberty Inn

Been to Studio 6 Gorman? Share your experiences!