“Fine Sandwiches, soups and other munchies”
Review of La Bou

La Bou
Ranked #15 of 42 Restaurants in Granite Bay
Reviewed December 11, 2017

The sandwiches are really great here. The bread is always fresh and the sandwiches adequate. The tomato soup is the best on a cold day. All the pastries are wonderful.

Reviewed March 22, 2017

The place was very busy and somewhat noisy. We used to get a most delicious Thai soup with coconut and cream. Over time the quality of that soup declined since they started using what tasted like skim milk instead of cream or half and half. Their sandwiches are still fairly good. Since our disappointment with the soup, we have stopped going there.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

It's the Wandering Yank here. Mrs. Yank and I have lived in Granite Bay and been to La Bou several times. On a recent visit to GB at lunch time, while I voted for Beach Hut Deli (see my review), I was outvoted and La Bou it was.

It was probably better for me, but I miss a good IPA with my lunch, which you won't find here. But the food is quite good - fresh, healthy and tasty. I opted for the ham and swiss Panini, a pretty good choice but a touch bland. A little mustard brought that up to my standards though.

Mrs. Yank had a daily soup special, tomato I think, which she loved.

Very pleasant staff, good food, nice and bright surroundings, and okay prices.

2 thumbs up!

Reviewed March 24, 2016

My daughter & I love La Bou and their bread w/dill sauce, croissants, sandwiches & coffee! Fantastic

Reviewed March 19, 2015

Good coffee and bakery items. They do serve a good breakfast & lunch, bakery style. Sandwiches, pastries, breads, soup, coffee, tea. Not a place to take a date, but better coffee and bakery items than Starbucks, with no pretensions, they call a small a small, not a tall and a large isn't all that grande.