See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on a cross country motorcycle trip. It is on the old highway through town. It is an older motor court type facility that has had some renovation. It meets the basic road warrior criteria...quiet room, cold A/C, clean comfortable beds, hot shower. Parking right in front of the room. No breakfast. The price seemed a little high but it was the cheapest place in town.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2018

We needed to save money so stayed here one night. Reasonable price compared to some better properties. The room was clean, had a mini fridge and coffee maker. We asked for an accessible room and didn't get it. It was ok. The small all AC worked fine. TV got quite a few channels for a smaller motel, and I got to see my favourite shows. We didn't bother to see what breakfast had, so I can't review that.

Want to save money, this place would do.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank LisaMSacramentoCA
Reviewed November 11, 2017

I had made reservations through a third party website for a specific rate, and I had called ahead to let them know we were very allergic to pets and smoke, and that we were arriving around 9 PM. The man I spoke with said there were limited rooms where pets were not allowed, but that they would "do what they could" to accomodate us. When we arrived, the night desk lady had a sheet describing the request, but said that the only non-pet friendly room available was $30 more than the price quoted on the website I had used. Since it was late and we didn't want to go hunting around for a place to stay, we agreed to take the room. It was the miner's room, at the end of the building closest to the street. The decor was definitely reminiscent of a miner's camp, with tools firmly bolted to the walls and a decorative cast iron stove. The room was clean, but everything was old, and the wood slat bathroom door had to be propped open with a rock. The shower stall was clean, but the caulking looked like it had been applied by a five year old, globs just left there. The sink outlet was very obviously a late addition, since it partly protruded from the wall. There was a refrigerator, a microwave oven and a small coffee maker, but no hair dryer. the towels were very clean but very thin. You could hear the road noise very clearly, and normal conversations carried through the wall from next door. The baseboard heater worked very well to keep the room comfortable through a very cold night. There was a separate window A/C near the bathroom. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were either high and firm, or small and flat. The "breakfast" in the AM offered fresh fruit (bananas and apples), instant grits, and breakfast bars similar to Nutrigrain bars, Keurig coffee and tea. The front desk lady was very nice. They use real keys here, so need to be dropped off when you leave. Not worth the price we paid, will not recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret W
Reviewed October 13, 2017

We didn't check in until late ...very late.
We had called an reserved a room and the person we spoke with told us to ring the bell when we got there.
We rang the bell and rang the bell. Not over and over but letting a few minutes pass in between each ring. About ten minutes had gone by and it was kind of cold out so we called the number for the hotel.
Finally he came out to answer the phone.
We checked in and I noticed, taped to the counter, a rule sheet explaining that due to past troubles with guests ..and then a list of rules.
Didn't help that one of the rooms had evidence tape on the door either (see pics).
This definitely the ...you get what you pay for, room.

The hotel is 100% non-smoking.
(I'm a smoker so if I don't mention it's non-smoking then they have smoking rooms.)

VERY basic old room with old furniture.
Btw, my room door did not have a safety entry bar, or chain, for the door.
I was under the impression that these were mandatory for all hotel/motel rooms.

Room had a fridge and microwave (mic passed the test.)
Pretty good Wifi and a flat screen TV with good assortment channels
The bathroom was only a stall shower and the water pressure was pretty poor.
In fact the water service in general was pretty poor. I had to wait close to 10 minutes to get warm water. Even longer for hot water.

Beds were pretty nice.
Although the bed on the right was pushed right up against the front drapes/window.
Speaking of drapes, make sure you go outside and see if their really closed.
They may look closed while you're inside the room but when I went outside to smoke I could see through large cracks in between the panels that I couldn't see from inside the room.
Btw ...What's with the new hotel pillow size???
I don't know if you've seen these yet but their basically square soft throw pillows in a regular sized pillow case.
The sides are all the same sizes perfectly square.
Weird???

Overall I would say it was an okay stay.
I wouldn't stay there again on my own, mainly because I smoke.

Let me make something clear because to my regulars my reviews may sound a bit confusing lately.
I mean why would I get a non-smoking room when I smoke or even stay at a non-smoking hotel?
I drive rig for a living now and I have a female partner. She smokes but doesn't smoke in her room even when we stay at a smoking hotel. She usually books the hotels so sometimes I don't get a choice.

So when I say "I wouldn't stay here again" ..yeah if I was to be on my own or on vacation with my wife (driving partner is not my wife) I wouldn't stay her because it's totally non-smoking and I usually stay at places where I can be comfortable and be like I'm at home.

This hotel was okay or close to nice.
Would I stay here again if it had smoking ...probably not.
I prefer something a little more up the ladder.
In a pinch, it worked, but not for my vacations.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ramblin_Man63
Reviewed September 24, 2017

i just got back from staying at this hotel. apparently it had been revamped!!! and i could tell. the rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and the price was right!. i will be coming back!. the only thing that was a little self par was the breakfast... pretty minimal, but that was fine with me as i enjoyed most everything else about my stay. and the beds were great!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends