“Mexican food in Alta Sierra”
Review of Casa Las Katarinas

Casa Las Katarinas
Ranked #15 of 115 Restaurants in Grass Valley
Reviewed October 17, 2016

We have passed this restaurant many times on our way to Grass Valley but had never stopped there.
We went with a club we belonged to and what a surprised to walk into a restaurant like we were in Mexico.
The decor was pleasant, music was not blaring, and the staff was waiting for our large group and waited on us like we were the only ones in the restaurant which we were not.
Even tho they were busy we all received our dinners in a timely manner.
I had the fish taco, which I thought had to much of a fish taste to me, but the rice and beans were good. I order whole beans (if they have them) when I have Mexican food.
My husband had chili Colorado and it was good. He guards his food like an Alpha dog, but I always sneak a taste.
I will try something else when I go back, but would recommend it as a out of the way surprise. I wish they were open for lunch.
All in all it was a pleasant dinning out trip.

Reviewed October 14, 2016 via mobile

Love this place and the service is exceptional. Try the fajitas. We use take out often. Xxcxcccccccccccccccccccc

1  Thank glenn m
Reviewed October 9, 2016

We had heard many good things about this restaurant, and since its close to where we live, we thought we'd give it a try. The service was extremely slow and hap hazard. The margaritas tasted like they were only sweet and sour mix on the rocks. I had the carne asada which in a word it was "tasteless." The meat was supposed to be marinated in beer along with the accompanying onions. I don't think so. In reality the meat tasted just like the tortilla, bland. The sides were traditional refried beans and Spanish rice =- just okay. I don't know why others have reviewed it so well. Taco Bell is better. We won't be back.

1  Thank Mlke L
Reviewed September 11, 2016

Stopped in for a late afternoon meal just off highway 49, and found the place mildly busy. The server's were fast, quite friendly and smiling, and took care of me efficiently. The menu has some great Mexican food dishes with many choices, and I had the Chicken Enchilada plate. They kept my beverage well-filled without me asking.
The prices were very reasonable and I will return soon for dinner.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

Food hot and delicious with fantastic service with a smile. I set up a Dining out with wives for my Sir's Branch and it grew in size to the point that half the dining ares was reserved for us by Chef Delia. She handled it all magnificently, and with smiles and fabulous service for all. Ordered off the menu with "couples billing " and all went smooth and efficient. A fun time was had by all!
Chef Delia and her staff were very professional and worked with our needs throughout the evening and prior arrangements.
Many members drove 20+ miles to attend.
We are coming back very soon