We ended up getting this hotel through Hotwire.com. I was disappointed because I was looking for a hotel in Shell Beach or Pismo Beach and we ended up getting this hotel that was right off the freeway exit in Grover Beach. I believe it was listed at 3 or 3.5 stars and I don't think that is accurate.
The staff was nice and friendly and the chocolate chip cookies at check in were yummy, but that is about where the positive experience ends.
- Close to freeway and other conveniences (food, drugstores, gas stations, etc.)
- The rooms were decently clean
- The offer breakfast in the AM. The bagels, yogurt and coffee were good, but the rest is a little bit like airline food.
- The hotel is noisy. The construction is older and there does not seem to be an insulation between floors. I think the people in the room above us had kids that were running around their room instead of outside. It was like a heard of elephants banging on our ceiling. Not exactly peaceful or restful.
- The beds were not comfortable and the springs squeeked and creaked.
- The only AC was the old boxes in the wall and this one looked like it had been there since the 70's. It BARELY worked and was loud and would freeze up after being on for only an hour or so. We were on the ground floor, so I didn't want to leave the windows open and the AC did not cool the room down enough to sleep.
- The toilet was constantly running and everything else in the room buzzed or made noise, the flourescent lights, etc.
The price was good for the area, but I would have rather paid more and actually gotten some sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach, California is placed perfectly in between Los Angeles and San Francisco on the sunlit central coast. Hotel guests are just two swift miles away from the attractions at Pismo Beach, where they can enjoy beach recreations such as surfing, sailing, fishing, and ATV riding. Guest can also take full advantage of the areas numerous outdoor activities like golfing at over ten prestigious golf courses, tennis, walking trails, horseback riding and bike riding in addition to an abundance of wineries and tasting rooms. We are just a quick drive from San Luis Obispo where California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly) is located. The neighboring communities of Cambria, Morro Bay, Nipomo and Paso Robles are just a short drive away. Our hotel offers a calming getaway with newly revamped, spacious rooms. All of our rooms have a balcony, mini-fridge, new beds and linen and new bathroom fixtures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area Hotel Grover Beach
- Holiday Inn Grover Beach
- Grover Beach Holiday Inn