My fiance and I were looking for a romantic get away, and we were delighted with the Sonoma Orchid Inn. This bed and breakfast was in a charming old farmhouse, but it was very well renovated and maintained. The hosts - Brian & Dana - treat you like you're their favorite relative that they want to impress. Dana is an exceptional cook -- we feasted on oatmeal souffle and an egg-brocoli quiche -- all local ingredients. Homemade cookies (persimmon!), a fire in the living room, albums with menus from local restaurants, and great recommendations on the best wineries to visit all made this an exceptional weekend.
The Sonoma Orchid inn is located next to Korbel, so stop next door for a really interesting tour and free tastings of their champagne, or trek a little bit farther for other great wineries. If you want to be on the main tourist route, this might not be for you, but if you like hidden getaways within easy drive of the ocean, good eats, fine wine, and rolling hillside, this is your place. I would definitely come back and would be proud to bring friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonoma Orchid Inn - it's all about location, stylish comfort and convenience. Exit the urban scene for an escape to the country. The redwoods rise, the vineyards yield fog-kissed premier Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, the coast beckons, and the scenery ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Sonoma Orchid Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonoma Orchid Hotel Guerneville
- Sonoma Orchid Inn Guerneville, Sonoma County, CA