“Authentic cuisine but service needs improving”
Review of Seville Tapas

Seville Tapas
Ranked #35 of 105 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Description: Opened in 2014, Seville Tapas is the realization of our dream to share the flavors of Spain with the people of the coastside. Tapas, small snacks meant to be shared, are designed to encourage conversation among diners. There are many stories surrounding the origin of tapas, but, since the word itself means “lid” or “top” it seems likely to have come from the custom of serving sherry with a small slice of bread, which is placed on top of the glass between sips to keep fruit flies from being attracted to the sweet drink.
Reviewed September 6, 2017

I was very excite to find this place so close to HMB Brewing. It's small but VERY authentic place, felt like I was back in Spain. I had a variety of tapas and they were great, and the sangria was very good too. My friend loved their food and took a plate to go.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed September 6, 2017

The name of the place, the name of the plates, the environment ... all invited us to think about a real Spanish experience but it wasn't like that.

It is a cashier-paid place (just one) and it took us 20 min just to place our order. The bread, the style they serve the food, the products ... not Spanish at all.

We got Italian prosciutto instead of Serrano ham in one of our plates. In total, I spent over 80 dollars for 4 small tapas (one of them not well thawed) and 3 desserts.

I believe the place has possibilities but I find inexperience in their stuff.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed August 9, 2017

Love their food. Sangria is awesome.
Patio is great for people watching... love that I can bring my dog. I stop here on my walks.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 9, 2017

came to Half Moon bay on the weekend. walked around and decided to try this place.
You order food at the counter. We ordered a lobster bisque, paella, and a chicken sandwich.
The lobster bisque is pretty good, bowl is decent size. The paella is flavorful. although there is only chicken and no seafood. The chicken sandwich was a dud. It didn't taste bad, but was just well below expectation. It was a breadstick with piece of cheese and a grilled chicken. THe breadstick was white, not even baked to golden brown. There was no spread, or sauce, etc.

Overall, this place deserves 3 and half stars. I think there are some things they do well, Paella is one of them. Coffee looked pretty good, although we did not order.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

Just terrible. Service completely lacking - nice people, just clueless. No plates, for instance. Or glasses. The food? Well, I can dump olives out of a jar a lot more cheaply. And unpack ham. Shrimp - blah. Peppers - meh. Beef empanadas nicely warmed up on the microwave. They weren't horrible, at leasr. Kids chicken sandwich - try McDonald's. Of the hundreds of restaurants I've eaten at in my life, this is one of the all time worst. All this and more for over $100! At least the wine was OK. Never, ever think about it.

Date of visit: June 2017