“breakfast burrito for the win”

Taqueria La Mordida
Reviewed March 1, 2017

It was morning and we were hungry and breakfast burritos aren't even on the official menu here, but they were open at 9am, so we asked, and they made us one with chorizo and egg and potatoes (which turned out to be seasoned french fries) and it was big and cheap and good. Not, like, the greatest breakfast ever, but a great value. Bonus: it comes with a free trip to the salsa bar, with several good salsa options plus fresh crisp tortilla chips. That's the kind of breakfast I can get behind.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Jeffrey B

Reviewed November 17, 2016 via mobile

We've been grabbing quick lunches or last minute dinners for awhile. Yesterday, we got a jumbo carnitas Burrito and was plenty for two people. Fast take out. Ingredients are fresh. Free chips and salsa.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

Had the Carne Asada taco salad and the shell was perfectly crisp and not overly greasy. The carne mixed in with the beans, sour cream, and guac was a perfect taste bud bomb all topped off with a nice Dos Equis Amber. Would definitely come back again as 5 of us ate for a little under $30.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed May 21, 2016

Order at the counter to eat in or to go. Had Chili verde and it didn't have much flavor. Great chips and decent salsa bar. Fast service.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed March 26, 2016

HMB has many Mexican choices. So, I always wonder why someone opens a new restaurant to serve this well cover section of the food market. I always hope that they do it to provide better and higher quality choices. I think many see it as a cheap restaurant to run.

Anyway, I visit many of Mexican places. This is not one I will return to. I have a few checks - fresh warm chips; chili relleno cooked right with a homemade sauce that has a good balance of pepper and sass. In no case do I want anything to come off soggy - that is a sure sign of using a microwave.

Well, I got a full meal here. It was bland and soggy. It was prepared so fast, I know it was a microwave job. The chips taste stale and like they've been sitting around. The house salsa --- I don't even remember it.

Will I go back. Not a chance. Like I said there are so many other choices within a few blocks, there is no need for the restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2015