“Fast Chinese that doesn't taste fast”

Chinese Friends Fresh Szechuan Kitchen
Ranked #75 of 125 Restaurants in Hawthorne
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Stumbled on this place. Walking by the window saw this giant portion of food. Chicken and broccoli was really good but the bowls look incredible. The food is fresh I really enjoyed this place will be back

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Order the fried rice with assorted meats for 11.95 came out total to $13 even. The rice was not seasons at all no salt or peppers no flavor just plain white rices. The meat didn't tasted right it had a strange smell to it. On the to go box was a black charcoal finger print in the inside lid when I open the box. First time and last time I will come here.

Reviewed 4 October 2014

Went here for the first time on a lunch date with Hubby. Restaurant is clean, well lit. Tables are set up with those fun Chinese Horoscope placemats. Upon entering you think it's like most fast food places where you order at the counter, get your food and then sit down if you're eating in. But we saw a waitress taking a couples order, so we sat down. Turns out, you are served your food. The counter is only for pick up. The menu was extensive, at least 40 different items to choose from. Minus points for no pictures though. I'm the type that likes to see the dish in a picture, especially if I'm not sure what it is. Our waitress was fast, took our order and we were served our soup right away. I ordered the Kung Pao Chicken and my husband went for the shrimp fried rice. We also did a side order of cream cheese wontons. Wontons came out first with our soup. They were huge and had a great cream cheese and onion flavor. Our meals came with choice of soup, main dish, rice and ended with a fortune cookie. The portions are huge! We should have shared a meal and ended up having to take our left overs home. My Kung Pao was delicious. The only thing was that the menu stated it was spicy but while eating it, there really wasn't any kick to it. That was fine for me because I actually only like a little bit of spice, but someone else who really wants that fire may be dissapointed. My husbands fried rice was good, large shrimp. But it was more on the white side of rice and if you're like me, you've become used to the american version of fried rice and it's a more brown color because of the soy sauce and has egg in it. All in all, for a sit down lunch where you're served and the large portions I'd say the value was excellent. Meal choices ranged from $7.95 to $9.95. We will definately be back. It's a nice change from Panda Express for sure.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

None of the entrees at this restaurant come with rice or noodles. These must be bought separately. I got the scallion beef (mongolian beef) which was bland and had little flavor and slightly greasy. My husband bought the spicy orange chicken which is pretty good. Overall, the quality is not worth the price.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This Chinese food is very good,,, served hot and to order.. great flavors... they serve hot green tea upon request...