“Worst Hotel I have ever stayed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Hawthorne/LAX

Ramada Hawthorne/LAX
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Hawthorne
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Worst Hotel I have ever stayed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed. I checked in at 7PM. Went to my room. The AC, safe and some lights were not working. I called maintenance and they happened to fix it. But the AC was still making a funny noise. I then went to get bottled water and the hotel did not have any. She said I cannot buy water at the hotel as the shop in the lobby is closed and the bar is also closed. I asked her how can a hotel not have bottled water at 8 in the evening and she said I have to go out to buy it and the nearest place was so far away. I then went to every floor to the ice machine and the machine was broken on every floor. Another guest was also desperately looking for ice and water and could not get. The room was also quite dirty and I went down and asked the front desk for a refund as I had paid for the entire stay in advance and she told me she will not give it and to do whatever I wanted. There were about 5 to 6 different people fighting at reception on various issues and she told all of us that she is jus working there and they can do whatever they wanted and she walked off. Then I did not know what to do so I went back to my room and realised that the wi fi was not working as well. I had to do some urgent work and could not. I told front desk the next day and they still did not sort the wi fi out. The wi fi was not fixed during my entire stay. I then went to the laundry machine and realised that too was not working on all floors.
Whats surprising is I have never seen a hotel in my life where so many things do not work at one time. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed.
When I retured I wrote to ramada group and told them about this hotel and they said they were sorry and sent me a cheque of 1 nights room rent. I deposited the cheque in the bank and the cheque bounced cause the signature was not proper and I was charged for it.
WORST HOTEL EVER .. DO NOT STAY EVEN IF THEY PAY YOU TOO..

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank JOelMine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

To all prospective stayers at Ramada El Segundo CA,

Here is a brief but detailed outline of my recent stay in late Jan. 2012 at this location.

Room 307 I found an alive bed bug crawling across the bed and wrapped it in a tissue, brought it down to the lobby receptionist. He didn't seem fazed and even openly announced it as being a bed bug when I unwrapped it in front of him. (It took almost a week after leaving for the bites to heal and the itching to stop).
Room 427 The white top linen sheet had menstruation drops on it, looked like it hadn't been washed when house keeping cleaned and made up the bed. I was told to speak to the housekeeping manager about it which I did and didn't get a reaction from.
Room 233 Cigarette smoke filled the room through the top ceiling vents despite my attempts to use an air-conditioner the air circulation only made it worse. I mentioned this downstairs to the receptionist and his only response was that no one should have been smoking.
The hotel driver Arturo was quite rude towards me on one occasion. On another instance a different driver picked me up from the airport and circled the whole airport three times to look for another set of passengers who called to be picked up. Once they were finally found after 35-40mins of re-entering and exiting the airport, it was discovered that the passengers had called the hotel advising that they had changed terminal locations to be picked up from, but the guy on duty at front desk that night hadn't the info on to the driver to inform him. Hence, our circling across all the airport terminals wasted time and was exhausting. Furthermore, the driver didn't even have the courtesy to apologize for the stuff up!

On a positive note, Gladys who works at the front desk is quite friendly and helpful and can provide assistance. In dealing with the the others however, I would have to say good luck!

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank lu l
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed there a weekend in Nov, 2011 through hotwire. The hotel is run down, and the reception desk is cold. The room doesn't smell good. And they charge money for using internet, which I have never experienced so far.
The only good thing is that I don't see bed bugs in my bed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Nick X
brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

Am a frequent 'in and out' visitor to Los Angeles and always find it convenient to stay in proximity to LAX so, being budget conscious as a single traveller, I shopped around and found this slightly faded gem of a hotel within shuttle distance to the airport.
While it's not the newest, the rooms are generous, the a/c works,there's good wireless connection ,free secure parking [you'd be surprised how many places charge for parking] and the price is right.
Don't stay expecting five star appointments and it's not really within walking distance to anything but it suits me because I always know what I'm getting .

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the airport,some rooms face the freeway which is not a big deal but the airpor...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank biggesttrev
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

This hotel is more a motel. My room was cleanish but smelt of mildew and smoke even though I was told it was a non-smoking room. The breakfast was included however there was no-one to restock it and when I got there at 8am, nothing was left. I had to go to reception and complain until they sent someone. Also there wasn't anything without sugar. Even the vending machines for drinks only had full sugar ie no diet coke.

On a positive side it was just a bus ride to Target and Ross Dress for less and there was a pharmacy accross the road.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Austine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

We had a king size bed room the room was clean. The bed slept great the pillows was wonderful, my husband an I even order the same kind of pillow for our bedroom at home. The only complain the AC did not cool the room off so we had to sleep with the window open at night. If it wasn't for the 70 degree temp I think I would of been pissed because I can't sleep hot. I would stay again long as it is 70 degree temp just in case the AC is not working.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Amongdivineangels
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

First of all stay away from the B rated restaurant. Most of the food is not even identifiable. Secondly, either someone was very hungry from NOT being able to eat in the restaurant and chewed up the couch and blankets or there are some big moths flying around here. I will try to post the pictures. Most of the staff was friendly, except for the restaurant manager. He gets very offensive when you complain about the food and will claim to have never had any complaints before. He has...just look around on some of the review sites. The street noise is very loud if you have a room where the windows open. The beds are too close to the A/C so you cannot keep that running all night long. The internet was OK. Oh yeah...looks like someone spilled some milk on the headboard?? Who drinks milk in bed?

Room Tip: The room is OK for 1 night.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank klovis s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
Westside
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
BEST WESTERN Airpark Hotel
#5 of 32 in Inglewood

Been to Ramada Hawthorne/LAX? Share your experiences!