Open today: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Nice visit

Reviewed 1 week ago
Journey13936737305
Hidden Gem in downtown Healdsburg!

Cgnewell
Kissimmee, Florida

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Healdsburg
from US$89.00
from US$89.00
from US$159.00
from US$175.00
More Info
All reviews wine club tasting room cheese plate downtown healdsburg great wine wine tasting girls trip wine trip great tasting experience walking tour great stop food pairings wine country hostess shipment toppings winery
Reviewed 1 week ago

The two behind the bar helpers were great! The wine was also great! We enjoyed the visit and purchased some product.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Nancy W, Owner at Stephen & Walker Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear Journey13936737305, thank you for sending us feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your tasting with us. We look forward to serving you again soon! Thank you, Nancy

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wine is good, port is excellent. Tasting has a nice accompaniment at the tasting room. Very disappointing that the winery did not bother showing up (or providing wines for sale) at the Harvest Festival on Sunday.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Nancy W, Owner at Stephen & Walker Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear guestieguest, thank you for sending us this note and we are glad that you enjoyed our wines! come back and see us again soon always open at our Tasting room 362 days a year!! Woo HOO HOO!!! Thank you, Nancy

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really enjoyed the winery and the hostess.. Amazing cheese trays and great wines. Even joined their wine club!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Really glad you sent us this note - Cgnewell. We look forward to sharing all the new releases we just bottled. Hope to see you again soon! Thank you, Nancy!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I felt my adult siblings and I were treated quite well! We had an enjoyable wine tasting and did order wines through your wine club.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Nancy W, Owner at Stephen & Walker Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Yay to you! golfmsc43! WE are so glad you have joined the wine club and look forward to sharing stories with you on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I were in town with plans to bike out to some wineries but the rain spoiled those plans. As an alternative we walked around town and decided to go into the S&W shop for a tasting (a must do when visiting wine country). We are glad we did. We really enjoyed the wines and the host. We liked it so much that we became Wine Club Members. Highly recommend stopping in an tasting the wines.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear Jags11545, I love reading your note and am so glad you popped in for a tasting, I look forward to your next visit with us! Thank you, Nancy

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Just a note: I made a TripAdvisor review specifically to talk about my experience at Stephen & Walker--that's the level of disappointment I felt after my tasting.

I was in town with a friend of mine for a wedding, and we had a Saturday evening to kill before the ceremony the next morning. We had time for one tasting and we wanted to make it count. My mom had recommended Stephen & Walker--she had been in their wine club for a time and found that everything they made was excellent. Plus, the cheese plate!

My mom was right. The wine and the cheese plate were both excellent. Unfortunately, the service left a LOT to be desired.

There were maybe two or three other couples in the tasting room when we arrived. We had made a reservation, though when we arrived and told the woman behind the counter about said reservation, she acted as though we had done something wrong. We were then summarily ignored for the entirety of the tasting. We were consistently served last, even when new couples came in, and the women behind the counter either ignored us or were outright rude to us. We also received noticeably lighter pours than the other couples in the room.

My suspicion is that, because my companion and I are both on the younger side (although, to be clear, we aren't teenagers--we're both in our thirties), we were seen as less likely to make a purchase, and therefore less valuable as customers. I can understand wanting to focus on the people who appear to have more money, but we came in wanting to purchase wine, and the only thing that stopped us from buying more than one bottle was the phenomenal rudeness we encountered.

At the end of the tasting, one of the women working asked if we wanted to try anything else. Before we could answer, the other woman interrupted, curtly informing her that "no, they're done."

Whether or not we came in looking like we were going to sign up for the 12-bottle membership, we paid money for our tasting and were treated with open hostility. There are plenty of lovely wineries in Healdsburg--I recommend visiting one that values ALL of its customers, not just the elderly white ones.

3  Thank BaileyM22

DEAR BaileyM22, Wow. We really goofed up with your tasting and our hospitality was not acceptable for our customers (you) and our business. First and foremost - I wish to apologize that this horrible experience happened. We normally have such a great time with our customers - I am so sorry that we bombed out with your visit. I have discussed this with out staff and made them aware of the observations and feelings you had during the event in the hopes that this is never repeated. Thank you for taking time to tell us about this. All the best to you, Nancy

Reviewed September 25, 2018

It was our third and last stop of the day. Their tasting room is in downtown Healdsburg and not at the winery. The advantage is that there is plenty to see downtown. Parking is hit or miss. The tasting manager is very good and they pair with wine with cheese. I would not hesitate to recommend.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Nancy W, Owner at Stephen & Walker Winery, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Woo Hoo HOO! JohnR - so great to read your review and that you had a blast on your visit! We are just releasing the new vintage and hope you can stop in for a taste. See you soon, - Nancy

Reviewed September 24, 2018

Awesome, smiles when we got there, very well informed about the wines. I really enjoy red wines and she really shared how about all the wines. I will bring more friends back every time I visit

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
NANCYBW1, Owner at Stephen & Walker Winery, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

So glad to hear from you, josiezichichi! Thank you for your comments - we will be ready when you return. Thank you, Nancy

Reviewed September 24, 2018

This was our favorite place we visited for wine tasting. The experience was excellent! Deborah Chambers was a delight and really knows her stuff. And of course the wine was fantastic. Planning a girls trip in April so we will be back.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Nancy W, Owner at Stephen & Walker Winery, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

YIPEE! AND Thank you! Magould, we loved reading your comments and I agree that Debbie is about the most perfect person to share a tasting with - she is so friendly, patient and has that Texan charm that she grew up with!! We will look forward to your April Visit and I'd love to meet everyone! All the Best to you, - Nancy

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to visit. We tried their flight - wines were wonderful and paired perfectly with the cheeses. It's a small lot winery so you won't get the wines elsewhere! The tasting room manager was really kind and knowledgeable, and we ended up buying a couple of bottles. Don't miss if you're in the area!

NANCYBW1, Owner at Stephen & Walker Winery, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Hi JM - Your review is so sweet! We just took home another best of class award and 4 more gold medals.... I am glad you had a great time with Debbie - she is absolutely WONDERFUL!! I love her to death and it sounds like you did as well. We look forward to your next visit to town - Nancy