Hotel Healdsburg
Best Western Dry Creek Inn(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$457
H2 Hotel(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
US$309
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$101
Travelocity
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
US$350
Official Site
US$158
L & M Motel(Healdsburg)
The Duchamp Healdsburg(Healdsburg)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdry creek kitchenwine countryspa treatmentssmoked salmonbeautiful hotellobby barloxwear and tearbathroom floorwalk in showersoaking tubmodern designincluded in the ratepool area isoverlooking the courtyardfrench doorsstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We always stay at the Hotel Healdsburg when we are in town. The rooms are lovely, spacious and well appointed. Those that appreciate simple modern design will really love this hotel. The yard with the big lounge chairs and the hammocks by the pool are great places to sit in the sun and sip some wine. The fire place area and bar are great for pre-dinner cocktails.
The restaurant and cafe in the hotel both have great food. The location is perfect - right in the middle of downtown Healdsburg with loads of great restaurants, boutiques, bakeries, and wine tasting rooms all in easy walking distance. There is a small park right across the street, but we never spend much time there because the grounds of the hotel are so nice.
Don't miss the spa - great treatments. The spa is a bit small though so be sure to call ahead for an appointment.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room facing the back yard/pool area.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 77wheretonext
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Very comfortable room -- great bed, nice shower and comfy furniture. Location can't be beat -- right on the square. Nice breakfast included in the comfortable lobby, though wish the fireplace actually gave off heat! Didn't use concierge, but they did tip us off that bike rentals wouldn't be a problem.

We were there for President's Day long-weekend, so I expected higher than normal rates. However, I found it perhaps a 20% over-priced.

So, would recommend, but maybe only for off-peak weekends?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank je23
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We chose that hotel because we wanted to have dinner at Dry Creek Kitchen (a Charlie Palmer restaurant, which is located in Hotel Healdsburg.)The food was great and we recommend. (I wrote a good review on that restaurant.)
What was less good was the room we booked in that hotel. For one night, we chose a Standard room with King bed. The choice of colors was depressing. There were 2 straight chairs to sit - not comfortable at all. There was a curtain to close the closet...(not seen in any other hotel!) The furniture cheap. The rugs covering the wooden floor need a good cleaning job. The huge bathroom was not inviting. And the main problem was the lighting - everywhere! ..in and outside of our room.
Happy to leave that room in the morning.
We would return to the restaurant but NOT stay overnight in hotel Healdsburg.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and ask what kind of room you are getting.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MoniqueVG
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This hotel is beautiful, "green", stylish, & modern. The staff of this hotel are first-class in every way- especially the concierge, wow! There was live evening jazz in the bar. the included buffet breakfast was the most extensive I've seen with complimentary table service offered. The room was spacious with great amenities (FREE non-alcoholic mini bar complete with flat and sparkling water, glass shower without doors, concrete counter tops, GIANT soaking tub, spa toiletries, ). The HH has a beautiful heated pool and covered jaccuzzi with gorgeous landscaping. The spa was perfect in every way. The nearby wineries and shops located all around the HH were outstanding. The HH is one of my most recommended hotels.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Pros:
Comfortable bed and bedding
Room very dark and very quiet at night. No street noise, no hallway noise, no other guests noise - so we slept very soundly here
Staff was welcoming and helpful
Breakfast provided (it better be at this price range right?)
Location is good

Cons:
This hotel is on gorgeous grounds but the interior decor is a very cold and I have to say ugly attempt at modern. The walls are pea soup green. The bathroom is grey concrete.
The shower spills water EVERYWHERE so that the entire bathroom is soaked when you are done. Our bathroom door did not close all the way so you had no privacy showering.
Ventilation in bathroom poor - shower fogged up mirrors and it took forever to unfog
Lighting in room was terrible for ladies - I could barely see to get my makeup on. It was very spotty track lighting and I felt like I was going blind in there
TV was pretty small and remote didn't work well (for some reason lots of people have posted this?)
Wi-Fi is "free" but did not work in our room
Breakfast is only a "go and get it yourself" continental type of deal which was annoying to have to troop downstairs when you are trying to get moving for the day or to make an early flight

Overall: For the > $300 a night I would NEVER stay here again. The hotel was just off-putting and so cold feeling in decor (re: not tranquil - I felt like I was in jail) and the room was miserable to function in with the lousy lighting, lack of working technology and lack of delivered breakfast. I was impressed with the soundproofing of the hotel. I would love to see it under new ownership and to see someone else decorate it in a beautiful warm contemporary style and address the major issues in the bathroom and bring breakfast to the room. Then I think I would consider returning but for now this hotel looks like it was decorated by an HGTV design failure and had poor amenities for the price.

Room Tip: Hotel was very quiet but prepare for a the flood in the bathroom from the shower!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple