“you get what you pay for”

Best Western Plus Diamond Valley Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Hemet
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel as the price was really cheap and I wasn't planning on staying at the hotel very much other than just to sleep. I ended up staying here 4 days (2 days longer than I planned).
The room I stayed in had 2 beds as I was staying there with a relative and it suited us well. There is little room other than the 2 beds. You can tell that the hotel is getting a little dated but it certainly provides a person with the basics. There is a breakfast included and its pretty decent for the price you pay for the room. You can even make your own waffle which I don't see often for this type of hotel.
Everything about the hotel is pretty basic but the location is good and the price is right.
I was a little put off but some people who were just "hanging" around the hotel in the evening...doesn't make a good impression.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

I was very happy with my stay at super 8 in Hemet. For the price I was surprised to see that it was clean and safe in a good location. Any thing you could possibly need is right there within walking distance! The staff there were all nice and knew the area well. I would definitely recommend this motel to friends and family! Thanks

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I was not overly impressed with the Super 8 in Hemet,CA. I was only staying one night, but the hotel has clearly been here for a number of years and it's starting to show. It was here when I lived here 13 years ago and is in need of probably its first upgrade. The ice machine was broken (not mentioned at check in) so I had to walk across the parking lot to get cups of ice from Wendy's where they told me someone else had to do the same thing yesterday. The floor creaks most places where you walk. The cable choices are minimal. Not really worth the $66/night. Only positive was the decent speed of Wifi.

Next trip to Hemet, I will be looking at different options.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Booked a reservation based on pix on the internet and recommendation from family who had heard via the grapevine that is was a good place to stay.
Wrong!! The place is old and in very bad need of major TLC. Pix on the net must be from another Super 8 or 25 yrs old.
Window wouldnt close. Sheets paper thin. Overwhelming smell of deodorizer to hide the musty smell.
Bed was 1 above a rock, furniture would have been more eclectic if it was apple boxes. Closet door hanging off its hinge. Faucet wouldnt shut off in the bath and I took a shower with my shoes on "just in case". Was enterained by the banging of the headboard from the room next door. Left the next morning by 7am and thankfully no little critters came home with us.

Night clerk was very pleasant and helpful. Glad its over.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We recently visited Hemet , had to stay at a hotel. Our experience was. We checked in late. The first thing we saw on the Lobby was a a female and a male who were clearly intoxicated. The front desk clerk was very nice, except for the tattooed wrist ( i have nothing against tattoos) I just felt it looked inappropriate . The carpet was dirty as well as the sofas in the waiting area. The elevator is old. The room was spacious , the beds were double , but very small , the bathroom is very small and the sink is outside the bathroom. Our room did come with a microwave and coffee maker. Overall the price is high for this hotel. The only good thing was that it was close to restaurants and shopping center

Room Tip: you can find a better deal
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I have stayed here a number of times in the past. Staff is always friendly; Rooms are comfortable; breakfast is decent and the price is always reasonable. Only problem is that you need to book a room in advance because they typically are full on weekends (tough being popular). Very close to restaurants and Diamond Valley. Property is safe and secure.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2011

When my daughter plays softball in Hemet, we usually stay at the Hampton Inn as it's the only hotel we've stayed at in Hemet that hadn't given me the heebie-jeebies. The last weekend we visited, the Hampton Inn was completely booked, but another parent recommended Super 8. I was a little wary about trying another hotel. I've stayed in other hotels in Hemet with my teen daughter, but as two females traveling alone, never really felt safe. What a pleasant surprise, The hotel was filled with other softball families, the lobby and kitchen areas were newer, clean, and tastefully decorated. My room was large, very clean, had a/c, and included a refrigerator and microwave. Price was less than 1/2 of what I usually pay at the Hampton, plus it included breakfast. I will stay here each time I visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CoffeMug50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemet
0.3 km away
24.3 km away
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
28.4 km away
Best Western Plus Lake Elsinore Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus Diamond Valley Inn? Share your experiences!