“Stench Over Powered Hunger”
Review of Gus Jr

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gus Jr
Ranked #143 of 206 Restaurants in Hemet
Reviewed December 12, 2015

You know you are in trouble when the smell of raw sewage is all you smell when standing in line to place your food order. How the employees had the bad judgement to keep the doors open to customers is beyond reason. Paid a lot of money for a sandwich meal and had to throw it away due to the stench and the filthy floors, windows, walls....should have just left. The food was as bad as the stench and I am out over $11 for such a horrible experience. Should have called the health department because if the building was this nasty it stands to reason they lack care and concern for their food preparations.

1  Thank Sunlaker

Reviewed May 19, 2015

This is not a fancy restaurant, and it is a chain, but they serve breakfast anytime and it is clean and the staff is friendly. They make the eggs exactly the way I like them, and yes, I am a little fussy. There is something about eating here that I just really very much like, and they are very conveniently located. Every time I have come here the food has been inexpensive, delicious, and served up quickly and courteously. I like them a lot better than Steve's which is nearby.

I haven't been to any other Gus Jr locations besides Hemet, and I have not eaten any of their food except the breakfast specials, but I like breakfast food any time of the day and would eat here anytime.

Reviewed April 12, 2015

ordered 2 chicken tender meals at the drive up she said they come with soup or salad and when I got home one had onion rings and zucchini with fries the other no salad no onion rings no zucchini called and the lady was making reasons for everything and she was very rude and argumentative the food is good but to greasy I stopped going there for a while cause they changed the fries and the hamburger was real bad that day so we just stopped for a while now I will stop for good to unhealthu anyway.

Reviewed February 20, 2015

I have been to a few Gus Jr. rest. over the years. I've never thought of them as being well kept up or clean. When I moved to Hemet 4 years ago, I'd seen this local Gus Jr. and always stayed well away. Today I decided to stop in and judge this one on it's own merit. Glad I did! I was pleasantly surprised to see a bright, clean, well-maintained restaurant! I complimented the manager/owner and she beamed at my comments and offered up that she and her partner/husband has just taken over and had been painting and doing some sprucing up. The only fault I could find was that the prices posted were appreciably higher than those listed in their to-go menu. She apologized and said they would not hand them out until they were updated.
Bathrooms and windows were very clean which impresses me. The grilled chicken sand. I got was very tasty. The chicken was moist and hung over the sides of the bun (it was pretty thin though). I wouldn't recommend the ranch dressing since it tasted mostly like mayonnaise (ooops, a couple more complaints). I will be returning though. Oh, there's also some outdoor tables.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Only eat breakfast here. The other food is not as great, so breakfast only for me. The standard 3 egg breakfast is good for a quick, no hassle breakfast

Been to Gus Jr? Share your experiences!