“Older hotel but thought it was OK.”
Review of Vagabond Inn Hemet

Vagabond Inn Hemet
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hemet
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I have to admit it was a while back that I stayed here during a business trip, but thought I'd throw it out there. This hotel is rather old but I thought it was OK for the price. The room was clean (but dated) and they had a waffle machine in the office for a quick breakfast. For the money it met my needs but not the kind of place I'd go to with the wife and kids. If you're looking for a cheap place to sleep that's clean, this place works.

Stayed: September 2016
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for recognizing and commenting on the wonderful value that we offer. We appreciate your review, thank you, and we hope to welcome you back if you have similar accommodation needs in this area. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

When I drove in to the motel, I knew there was no way I would be staying there. It's in a horrible area and is so run down and looks like it's falling apart. We arrived close to 9:00pm. I booked this place a month ago and upon arrival was told my reservation was cancelled because they tried to pre charge my card and it didn't go through. That was a lie because I put down my Amex which has a huge limit. The truth is I arrived late and they gave away my room. So now I'm stuck in Hemet with my children and no hotel. Luckily I was able to get a room at the Best Western which is a five star upgrade from this disaster of a motel. Do not stay here, horrible service, the front desk was rude and laughed when I was visibly upset. Stay in your car, it would be an upgrade!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank uclagrl6
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

We are very sorry to hear of your experience upon your arrival at our hotel. We are looking into the circumstances of your reservation, because you should have received notification that your card had not worked, and that you should give us another. In saying that, we are also looking into whether your reservation was directly with us, or with one of our booking partners (who should follow the same process). Either way, we apologize that you were not dealt with in a more sympathetic manner when you attempted to check-in and were visibly upset. This is not at all the type of service that we wish to offer our guests, and we will speak to our front desk team to ensure that they are crystal clear that we must be friendly and professional at all times, and that we must assist our guests, or potential guests, in any way that we can. Thank you for your feedback on your experience, we are truly sorry that it was so poor. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Horrible service; rude people; amenities promised not available (laundry, early check in, late check out); peeling paint in the bathroom; smoke detector without battery; room smelled like smoke; dirty floors and counters. I should've paid the extra few dollars and gone elsewhere. This place was the worst motel I've ever been in.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We try very hard to make our guests stays as pleasant as possible and it is always a disappointment when we hear that one of our guests has not enjoyed their stay. Our room service team works hard making sure rooms are prepared well daily, so we are very sorry to hear that you did not find your room clean and well maintained. Please know that we will be looking into this to ensure this does not happen again. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I called to book an early check in and they gave me a hassle at the front desk, when we were finally showed too our room it smelled of smoke and had peeling paint. The towels are thin and sometimes stained and they give you have when you ask for clean ones the next morning.
Overall very difficult to deal with.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

We are sorry that we were unable to accommodate you with an early check in. We do allow our guests to access their rooms early if the room has been cleaned and checked, but often, as we must wait for departing guests to leave their room before we can clean it, rooms are not ready until check in time. We are sorry that this made us appear difficult to deal with, we can assure you that we are anxious to please our guests in every way possible We appreciate your business and your feedback, thank you. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 9 April 2017

When I stayed here we returned back to the motel at 2pm on a Sunday and the driveway had been coned off. There had been no notification of this at all at any point. There was nowhere else to park and we didn't have anywhere else to go (our friend was sick) so we had to move the cones and drive in.

A staff member came out and started yelling at us claiming we couldn't come in as the parking lot had just been re-tarmacked. Like I said, no notes, no warning, so how were we supposed to know? If so we could have planned around this. They clearly didn't notify everyone as they had just tarmacked around another car still parked there.

The staff member just yelled at us over and over saying "don't you see the cones?" - ignoring us when we explained that we were not notified so what were we to do. The sexist staff member refused to speak to me (a woman), just ignored me and only responded to a male in my party. We quickly packed up and left, this was the angriest I have ever been. Horrible horrible horrible.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

We are very disappointed to read of your experience with us - it does not sound like the pleasant, relaxing time that we want to provide for our guests. We should certainly have made our guests aware that we were tarmacking the driveway, and provided information about how we wanted our guests to enter the property. Please accept our apologies that this was not done, and that you were kept abreast of what was happening. We will ensure that we bear your comments in mind in future when we plan on doing work that impacts on our guests. Thank you for your feedback. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 10 January 2017

My 2nd stay at the Vagabond inn and we are very pleased with the hotel . Great customer service New remodeled rooms, wifi and conteninetal breakfast . I would recommend this to a friend . Until next time

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AzureHotelGroup, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Vagabond Inn. We sincerely appreciate your business. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. We hope to see you again soon, and have a great day.

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Very friendly kind sweet management I love it here very quiet rooms were very clean and nice very comfortable stay.... Love the complimentary and also housekeeping was very good I would recommend this place to anyone I have enjoyed my stay here and will continue to come back...

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
AzureHotelGroup, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Thank you for choosing Vagabond Inn Hemet for your lodging choice. We are pleased that we could provide you with excellent customer service and hospitality. We would also like to thank you for providing us with a perfect rating and recommending our hotel to other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemet
3.7 km away
6.1 km away
Best Western Plus Diamond Valley Inn
20.2 km away
Travelodge Banning Casino and Outlet Mall

Been to Vagabond Inn Hemet? Share your experiences!