“Shop local”

Hermosa Cyclery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Wanted to get a strand cruise and started checking the usual big stores and didn’t find what I wanted.... mainly the color! While walking pier to pier I stopped by Hermosa Cycle and was so pleased with selection and price. Service was great and a they had the exact type and color of bike I wanted so instead of walking home I rode my new bike!

Shop local if you can!

in 20 reviews
"activity"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

We were able to rent bicycles for the whole family in less than 10 min. While we were riding through Manhattan Beach the chain fell off of my son’s bike . I couldn’t fix it so I called them and I’m less than 10 minutes someone came over and helped me fix it! You can rent by the hour, day and multi day . They also have roller blades.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Just park your car or uber over to the Hermosa Pier, grab breakfast at one of our wonderful breakfast restaurants and walk over to Hermosa Cyclery (located just behind the Good Stuff restaurant. You can rent a single, double, with baby seat, without... they have it all - head out on the strand and enjoy all that is our beautiful beach cities. Also my favorite place to service my bikes. They are always helpful and so friendly.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed September 24, 2017

Dropped in to rent bikes and were helped quick with honest opinion on which bikes to rent. Returning worked just as smooth.

We rented their basic bike but didn't realised these don't have hand brakes but use a reverse peddle to stop. It was okay for us but did make the ride a little more tricky as you have to get used to it. If you're doing a longer ride i would get a higher grade bike (as was recommended).

Cycling these beaches was the best idea. Lots to see in a short and effortless cycle. Low crowds made it effortless. We kept the walking for Venice and Santa Monica which have more to see per foot and more crowded

Date of experience: August 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed August 20, 2017

I rented bikes for an afternoon to go up & down The Strand (which was wonderful & relaxing with fantastic views). This place was exactly what you want -- smooth, friendly, fast, and quality products. Start to finish was 5 minutes and we were on our way. They have their own brand of bike that we rented (7 speed, hand brakes) which were great & easy to use (gear shift on handle -- easy). They don't require a helmet if you're over 18 (optional), which is nice. They provide a nice bike lock with each rental so you can stop anywhere without fear of someone stealing your bike. Great big parking lot very close, so a breeze to park, rent, and go! Just an FYI -- don't forget the sunscreen! Doesn't matter that you're just biking down The Strand, that sun off the ocean bakes you (without you even realizing)! Prices are great for what you get.

Date of experience: August 2017