“Dirty and not safe”

Americas Best Value Inn Hesperia
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Hesperia
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We booked two rooms here out of necessity and would like to warn travelers that the hotel does not care about cleanliness or safety of guests. Sheets were stained and had cigarette burns. Worst of all, the guests in the room next door partied ALL night. I called the front desk when they tried to get in my room and continued to brush against my door. Finally, I insisted that they move me into another room because I feared for my safety. The new room was a smoking room and was even more dirty. It's a bit shady because the manager's card shows that it is an Americas Best Value Inn, but it is a Super 8. E-mails to the manager were not returned. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Torn and stained carpet (Do NOT go barefoot for ANY reason!); patched walls not painted; heater didn't work and it was 30 degrees outside; pillows reminded me of English muffins they were so thin; tv fuzzy; wi-fi inoperative; room stunk; paper thin walls; loud, noisy, obnoxious guests abound; bathtub had weak spots on floor and someone will step right through it someday; drain plug broken and just sits in the middle of the tub; no fresh paint in ages. Overall, IT'S A DUMP! Plus, they didn't enter my stay for the Wyndham Rewards program which was the ONLY reason I chose a Super 8. Avoid this rat hole at all costs!

Room Tip: Choose another motel, NOT this dump!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Lisa H, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Hesperia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Thank you for your response about the Super 8 Motel Hesperia. We would like to thank you for pointing out areas where we need to improve. We would like to inform you that we are currently in the process of renovating our rooms. Management would like to offer you a 30% discount on one of your newly renovated rooms when completed. Estimated completion date is June 1, 2012. Please bring this email with you if you choose to stay at the motel again.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

This hotel is one of the worst I've stayed at. I shouldn't say any more but just to convince you; the room smelled, wasn't clean anywhere especially the bathroom where there were stains everywhere, unprofessionally maintained, loud with parties going on in the corridors and room banging all night long. It was terrible!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep driving!!!!

Room Tip: Keep driving
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed at this little Motel, on a recent trip. There are a few other options in the area, but having stayed at other super 8 motels in the past I thought this was a good choice. Now this motel isn’t a high class establishment by any means of the word. The place is not well maintained, the staff is pleasant enough, but for them it’s just a job so nothing to wright home about. After checking in to this place I received a bottom floor room with a single queen bed. Let me start this review off by saying, If I had had my wife and kids with me I would of never stayed at this place. The room was not very appealing; the carpets were stained and looked pretty bad. The toilet had issues so that the water ran all the time in it. The shower/bath tub looked pretty rough. All of this I could deal with and might have stayed here again, by myself on future trip. However after being woken up multiple times though out the night because the walls were so paper thing that I could hear everything going on in the other rooms around me and pretty much getting very little sleep I think I’ll pass next trip. The worst is still to come. The next morning I wake and take my shower. I grab one of the towels and find that they have many stains on them as well. I’m sure they attempted to bleach away whatever it was that got on them, but you could still see it. (Note to the hotel, time for some new towels). This was just too much for me. I opted to air dry rather than use some mystery stained towel. The hotel did have a breakfast in the morning. It’s not really anything to brag about, Ego’s, toast, milk cereal and donuts. They did have orange and apple juice, but the orange juice side was out. I had apple juice and toast. One point on the hotels side. The bed was clean, and for the most part comfortable. Had it been quitter I would have had no problem getting a good night sleep. Bedbugs aside. I would not recommend this motel. There are other options in the area.

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor room. Check the towls before you shower.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank tpolston

Reviewed 18 August 2011

This was a nice place to stay. The staff at the front desk was extremely nice. She was able to give us all the information we needed for the hotel. We were in search for a good place to eat and when we asked the front desk she gave us a verity of place to chose from. The room was ok the furniture needs to be updated but the be bed was so comfy. i was able to get a really good night sleep.
Thank you super 8 i will come back and stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2011

It was a pleasant stay!:) thanks to the staff she helped us around and went an extra mile to help us plan our trip since we are not from here. Kudos!!! Ive experienced the other hotels and they staff will drive you away at 11am as if you didn't give them business.

The rooms were pretty bigger than the other hotels I've been. The water pressure was the best so far I've encountered. The cable channels were superb! A lot of channels to watch and not just local ones. They have 4 hBo channels!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The pool was very relaxing. Its outdoor and at the backside and away from the traffic and enclosed with trees.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Papa_ooh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hesperia
0.4 km away
6.0 km away
Motel 6 Hesperia
Motel 6 Hesperia
#7 of 9 in Hesperia

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Hesperia? Share your experiences!