“stayed one month”

Hampton Inn & Suites Highland
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Highland
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed here for business for 36 nights. The staff was always attentive and appeared to enjoy their job. Breakfast always included a fresh fruit salad. The whole hotel was very clean, the cleaning crew was obviously interested in real clean rather than surface clean (scrubbing floor grout on hands and knees no less, dust behind curtains). The hotel catered to my every need, which include quiet, stressfree lodging. The casino is 2 miles away with a shuttle, keeping the hotel peaceful.The hotel management must foster a pleasant work environent otherwise it would have shown in the month I was there. I will choose this hotel if I need to be back in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank totineke

Reviewed 14 November 2011

I have been a guest at the Hampton Inn during an extended (2 month) stay last year while my home was being repaired. When it was time to make reservations for my family and wedding party last month, I thought first of the Hampton Inn. Ms. Parra, the Director of Sales at the Hampton Inn provided outstanding professional assistance in making reservations for our family and friends who attended our wedding the weekend of October 22, 2011.

They all expressed their complete satisfaction with the staff, their accommodations, and the food. There is nothing to compare with it in this area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We had to stay there as I was hospitalized while on a trip so my wife needed a place to stay. When she called to make a reservation and told them about the circumstances they offered a discount on a room. Once she arrived they were equally as nice as on the phone.. Rooms were reasonable priced and very clean

Room Tip: directly across the street is a sports bar/restaurant with good food
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank primerib74
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We were booked for an entire week from tuesday to tuesday. On saturday night we returned to our room to find ants all over the desk. We called the front desk several times and were told there was nothing they could do. We begged the security guard to come upstairs to help us. He arrived with rubber gloves and a wet towel and did the best he could do. N eedless to say we had problems sleeping that night.
Upon checkout (after 7 nights) we requested a refund for that very horrible night with the ants. We were told a refund would take 24 hours to process. We do not want a credit for our next stay. we want our credit card credited for that one night. "if you're not satisfied you don't pay" should apply here. The general manager, Catrinea A. Houston, told us she would handle this problem herself. We are depending on her to keep her word. Please don't blame the Indians or the Hilton chain for the delay. P.S. there were no other rooms to put us in that night. The desk person informed us that the hotel was full. This situation needs to be fixed ASAP. We will be back next year---so please keep up your policy that is printed on the front desk. Other than those ants (discusting) our stay was o.k. Thank You.

s

Room Tip: As senior citizens (with canes) we appreciated the room close to the elevators. However, the bathro...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This seems to be quite the party hotel. I have stayed twice and both times had noisy neighbors all night. This hotel is owned by the local casino and has free shuttle bus, etc. People come and go at all hours of the night and are loud! They are probably mostly drunk and having a good time, but it makes for a sleepless night for travelers. If you want to party and gamble, this is a good choice. If you are traveling and need a good nights sleep, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011
HamptonHighland, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Highland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2011

Let me start off by apologizing if any guests disturbed your nights rest. Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites @ San Manuel Village; we try all we can do to ensure our guests adhere to our "quite" policy after hours.

Our policy is that once our front desk receives the complaint we immediately send security to speak with a guest and advise they have one warning to keep the noise down or they will be asked to leave. I truly wish we would have know that you were experiencing this during your stay and I know we would have rectified the problems. However in the future I can always flag your reservations to make sure we block you on our "quite" floor so that you truly get a good night's rest. Furthermore I ask that you allow us another opportunity. Please contact me directly at Catrinea.Houston@hilton.com so that I can also send you out a complimentary stay certificate for the next time you are in our area.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Catrinea Houston

909-862-8000 - Hotel
909-907-3005 - Direct Line
909-862-8100 - Fax

Reviewed 9 September 2011

I hope you read this. I am a travel agent and spend about 5 nights per month in a hotel room. My reason for staying here is because my wife had chemotherapy at 9 AM at the Beaver Clinic and I did not want to drive for 2 hours - and I wanted to get some sleep and not get up early - but that did not happen. Fisrt of all the bedding had not been changed and most importantly I experienced one of the dumbest things ever. Each room is equiped with a fire alarm that blinks every two second like a strobe light - and very bright making it impossible to sleep. At 3 AM I finally detached the alarm so I could sleep. At6:30 AM I was awakened by security about my alarm. I explained and ask them to please fix the situation after I leave, but 15 minutes later security came back and made me put the until back in. So, I got NO sleep. Who would ever put a blinking strobe light in your sleeping room! ....but the front desk manager told me that all of the rooms blink like that! OMG - how dumb!! I will never saty there again and I have stayed at Hampton Inns many times. Remove those stupid strobe lights!! My name is John Smith, phone [...].

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This was the worst experience of my travel life. The room i reserved was dirty......front desk ended up having security show me 3 other rooms which were all dirty. One room had pubic hair on the toilet seat, 3 other rooms look like that had human stains on chairs...one stain really look like blood.....they even showed me a suit.....and you know how you sit down after a shower in a seat with no towel and get up and leave the outline in your butt reflected in the seat....where it shows the space in between your legs.....well the chair in the suite had that but it look like someone left a little something behind...YUCK! Never before have I asked for my money back because a hotel was so DISGUSTING. Now I want to be fair, the guy at the front desk was nice until I asked for my money back....then he had to ask his manger. The manager was trying to force me to stay at another Hilton property and pay the price difference. I refused and demand my money back and she finally relented and even allowed me to use there business center to search online for another hotel. So in summary i arrived at the hotel at 3pm and didnt leave until 7, I saw 4 hotel rooms all were disgusting....even the security guy said I was right and confirm to the manager that he witnessed everything i saw. I will never stay here or another hampton inn again....this really jacked up my time in Highland

I ended up staying at Holiday Inn Express hotel and Suites 3 mins from the airport...........this hotel was in a nice area, it was clean, the front desk provided excellent customer service and their was NO noise issue being so close to the airport. Please dont waste your time, money or gas on Hampton Inn in Highland...stay at Holiday Inn Express in Ontario instead.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
#4 of 33 in San Bernardino
7.8 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Highland? Share your experiences!