This is not one of the better Hampton Inn locations. First, check-in was a challenge. The systems were completely down and we had to actually produce our confirmation numbers and type of accommodations to check-in. The front desk staff was using paper and colored pens to keep track of which rooms were occupied, etc. The staff obviously had never been trained for this type of incident and was quite aggravated and flustered.
The rooms were just ok and a bit dated. Our room was generally comfortable but we could not get the room as cool as we like. They use individual a/c units that are controlled by a unit on the wall. When we first arrived, the unit worked well but later on it shut down and no matter what we did would not come on. As it was very late when we got back to the room we just let it pass. The bed was also a challenge as the mattress kept slipping on the platform. When I woke up in the middle of the night, I had to push the mattress back centered on the platform. Needless to say it was not one of my better night’s sleep. Both rooms had limited electrical outlet options. Outlets by the beds were only found behind the night stand which you had to move to access. The only other outlets easily accessible were on the desk. This is a real pet peeve of mine. Having easily accessible outlets by the bed is essential. Our room also did not have a refrigerator or microwave. I thought all Hampton rooms had these basic appliances; this was a surprise.
Our teenage daughter’s room only had a shower so she came down to take a bath in our room. Other than also not having a refrigerator, our daughter was comfortable with her room.
The breakfast served was one of the better breakfast options at Hampton. The rotating option consisted of the Western Omelets, bacon, and potatoes. I think the western omelets are their best egg choice. They also had their other standard options (oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, bread, muffins & pastries, and fruit). I was disappointed in that they were out of bananas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites at San Manuel Village is located off the I-330 and Highland Ave. Just minutes from San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino and has a 24hr Complimentary Shuttle to the Casino. Plus we are just minutes from downtown San Bernardino, just minutes from all “Major” Corporations located in San Bernardino, Redlands, Fontana, and Upland. Also just 25 minutes from Big Bear Mountain, Snow Summit Ski Resorts and Ontario International Airport.We have two great resturants located in our Village; Sports Watch Bar & Grill & Mi Cocina.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Highland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Highland,Ca @ San Manuel Village Hotel Highland
- Hampton Inn And Suites - Highland,Ca @ San Manuel Village