US$251
US$229
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Best Western Harbour Inn & Suites(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$172
US$304
US$239
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
US$107
Best Western Surf City(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$112
Hotels.com
Ocean Surf Inn & Suites(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$129
Huntington Surf Inn(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$207
Beach Inn Motel(Huntington Beach)
US$95
Sun 'n' Sands Motel(Huntington Beach)
US$169
3,992 results
All reviewswater slideswatertable restaurantpizza placekids poolpedestrian bridgemain poolprivate bridgewater tablegrounds are beautifulvalet parkingfire pitbeautiful hotelper dayrent bikesocean viewgreat for familiesfitness center
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Hyatt is a beautiful hotel and service was outstanding. I would have rated it a 5, except for the issues we had getting the room that we paid for. We had booked an oceanview room through Travelocity. When we checked in, the front dest clerk announced that since it was our first time staying with them, she was offering us an upgrade to a suite. The alarm bells went off because usually return guests are upgraded, not first timers. I asked if the suite had an ocean view -- it did not, and was ground floor. The suite also had a bed and a pullout sofa, and I wanted 2 beds because my kids were sharing the room. When I turned down the suite offer, the clerk looked a bit paniced, and after a few minutes of typing, found a room for us. When we got to the room, it had NO ocean view. I went onto the balcony, leaned out the whole way, and saw a milimeter of the ocean between the many palm trees. The room was on the 2nd floor, so you could also hear the traffic from PCH. So I called the front desk and told them that if they don't have a true oceanview room available, we'd take the suite. Well, the suite was no longer available, so after several minutes of frantic typing, we were offered a different room on the 4th floor. This room had a little better view of the ocean, but I would classify it as partial oceanview at best. To compensate, they threw in the club privelages, which ended up being a nice plus. We ate breakfast in the club every day, and they had a nice selection of hot and cold foods. My only complaint about the club is that the hotel employee monitoring it should do a better job of making sure kids aren't left unsupervised. There were a couple of unsupervised kids in there (who were old enough to know better) running around screaming and smashing all of the cereal boxes and throwing cereal. It was not only disturbing to the other people in there, but there was no cereal left that my kids liked because of their rampage. My only complaints about the room other than the issue with the non-view is that the bathrooms are a little on the small side for such a nice hotel and the beds are the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in. It's a matter of preference I guess - I like a firm mattress, and their beds have the pillowtop mattress that is very soft. Staff was very attentive, restaurant service and food were very good, and grounds were beautiful. Yes, it's across PCH from beach, but everything there is, and at least the Hyatt has a bridge so you don't have to actually cross through the traffic. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up as possible to reduce the noise from traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank NJscubamom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been a few times at the Hyatt Regency at Huntington Beach both for business and for leisure and the place always turns the time spent there into memorable days. The service is very accomplished and attentive, rooms are well appointed and the location great both for relaxing after a day of work and meetings or just for enjoying a short break. The rooms facing the restaurant courtyard and overlooking the ocean are very convenient. The hotel has an excellent restaurant, "The Californian", with well prepared dishes and competent staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Marco B
Reviewed December 31, 2012

What an amazing place to stay! Booked through AA Vacations.com and got to fly through John Wayne, which was much cheaper than LAX, which was a plus in it's self this time of year. We stayed there from December 25-31, 2012. The staff was great, the valet was extremely organized and very friendly. This is an ideal location to relax and still be able to take trips to Disneyland and San Diego Zoo. The property was spotless and the rooms (which were upgraded to a junior type suite) were amazing. The location was superb and the partial beach view was ideal. I would for sure stay here again!

Room Tip: I would stay closer to the front desk if possible, quite a trek to the other side, but our rooms were worth the walk.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank gaylanhendricks
Reviewed December 29, 2012

During our trip to California this summer our family stayed at this resort in August 2012 for 5 nights. We are a family of 5 2 adults & 3 children (ages 16 /14/ 10 years).
We loved the relaxed Mediterranean atmosphere of this hotel, and the wonderful beach location.
We stayed in a very spacious Governor’s Suite; it was overlooking the main pool and had a balcony with a fantastic view of the ocean.
The suite was very clean and comfortable for all the family.
We ate in The Californian for the breakfast buffet daily ,staff were friendly and accommodating. We also ate at Pete’s Sunset Grille the staff were lovely and food delicious.
The pool side bar staff were always on hand for food & snacks we found the portions a good standards & size.
The hotel is a 15 minute walk to Huntington, don’t miss the lovely market and resturants.
We also used the small hotel gym that had everything we needed. I highly recommend the lovely Spa the staff are very friendly and helpful, also the fire pits are lovely in the evening for a relaxing drink.
Downside as everyone says is the parking charge, Hyatt please include this cost as there is no alturnative.

Room Tip: Join the Hyatt's Presidents club ocean view's are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tam6572
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel was supposed to be one of the highlights of our summer vacation. I reserved a ocean view room on the club level (booked and prepaid everything more than 6 months in advance!) and even called ahead to make sure that we really get a nice room. They couldn't have cared less!!! Upon checking in I was told that there is no more room on the club level left and no ocean view either. The guy at the reservation desk went several times to talk to his supervisor - but no, nothing could be done. They offered a 50 USD off for the inconvenience - which is RIDICULOUS!!! We ended up in an accessible room (why that???) miles away from the club level and with no ocean view but a view (and horrible smell) of the mexican restaurant which belongs to the hotel. Although it all happened this summer I am still so p..., I stopped staying in Hyatt Hotels - which to that date was my favourite chain.
The club lounge was totally overcrowded and nothing special, the hotel mainly seemed to cater to conventions (and it was July!) and a constantly drunk tattoo-crowd (saw several people puking in the bushes around the pools, isn't that nice?).
I am giving 2 points instead of 1 because of the location, which is really fabulous. Hotel of no return...!!!

Room Tip: Stay next door at the Hilton Waterfront!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Three_Swords
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach over this past summer. We regret having fallen short of your expectations, as well as our own. Our team prides itself on addressing the needs of each guest we encounter to ensure they have a pleasant stay. Your comments will be shared with our team to help us improve upon any shortfalls or inconsistencies. Our Resort is synonomous with providing an exceptional experience for our guests, so we were happy to hear you felt the location was excellent and we certainly hope you'll reconsider giving Hyatt another opportunity in the future to restore your faith.

With my best regards,