4,161 results
All reviews water slides watertable restaurant pizza place kids pool pedestrian bridge private bridge main pool water table grounds are beautiful valet parking fire pit beautiful hotel rent bikes ocean view per day great for families family vacation
Reviewed June 21, 2008

I went here fully expecting a 4 stars resort hotel. What I got was a staff unwilling & inattentive towards their guests.

The main issue: I found human feces at the bottom of the jacuzzi.

When I informed the staff, they looked at me like I was the perpetrator. In fact, the mgr on hand did not even speak to me to thank me for calling attention to this problem - most likely inebriated revelers from the prior night.
Furthermore, the staff made their displeasure clear to me through their treatment that this issue was a nuisance & should be kept quiet from other hotel guests.
It seems Hyatt Huntington likes to participate in cover ups.

I am a physician with no time for this type of low class response. I will be taking my business somewhere else from now on.
Cleanliness & respect is what all hotel travelers would want during their stay.
I would recommend prospective customers to stay away from a hotel who WILL NOT ENSURE YOUR WELL BEING & POSSIBLY PUT YOUR HEALTH IN DANGER.

UPDATE: I just read through some more reviews on this site & it looks like feces in the water is a COMMON PROBLEM AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank UsTooDCArea
Reviewed June 14, 2008

I loved this hotel. The grounds are beautiful. The beds were comfortable. the spa is really beautiful and the workout equipment first rate. It is right across the street from the ocean. It has a retail court with some nice shops. I would definitely stay here again. There were a lot of people at the hotel but it is so spread out one doesnt feel overwhelmed. Great place.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank gktmd22
Reviewed June 12, 2008

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency with my husband and 18 month old son for Memorial Day weekend. We were quite impressed with the size and the condition of the property. It is huge, well kept and is truly like a retreat. We stayed in a beautiful room overlooking the ocean and the pool. The grounds were beautiful everywhere. The spa area was very peaceful. The conference grounds were beautiful. We actually saw at least 4 weddings in only 2 days! It seems to be a "wedding factory"!

The location was perfect for us because it was about 1 mile away from the Pier and Main Street where all the commotion is and also close enough to walk over for exercise and a meal. There is an 8 mile walkway along the beach that enables you to walk for miles in either direction in front of the hotel. The bridge that they have built allowing access to the beach is wonderful.

There are many convenient drug stores, markets etc... very close to the hotel. Dozens of restaurants on Main Street from sushi, pub grub, to fine dining. However if you want some peace and quiet stay at the hotel or go elsewhere. The Hyatt has a wonderful restaurant - The Californian and a very relaxing wine bar called the Red Chair Room. The pool is quite large and the food around the pool is very reasonable compared to many other resorts we have stayed at. The Grocery Store on the Hyatt grounds is useful but very pricey. The pizza place (Tower 15) is just a hole in the wall. The casual dining restaurant (Pete's Sunset Grille) was horrible. The service was so bad that we had to ask 3 different waiters to bring a high chair as we just stood by our table. At that time there were only 2 small tables of guests being waited on I might add! The food was just greasy, cheap and an insult to the Hyatt. My son's macaroni and cheese looked like it was weeks old and his chicken was so battered that it was hard to find where the chicken was.You would be suprised to know that I am hardly a picky eater and have eaten in all sorts of places, but this was unacceptable.

The room was very large and had a very comfortable bed, nice balcony, refrigerator (empty - useful), spacious bathroom, my favourite Portico bath products, and an office, desk, couch area.

Note: They will babyproof the electrical outlets if you request it upon check in. They will provide a crib, baby toiletries, pack and play etc... upon request also.

Parking - Yes it was expensive $24/day. I wish they would just have the fee built into the cost of the room. They provide you with 2 free small bottles of water in the mini bar area every day which is useful for a walk.

Beach rentals are available at their Toes to Nose Shop which has a hut on the beach. You can rent umbrellas, chairs, bikes etc..... The towels are provided by the hotel at the pool.

The crowd is noticeably younger and rowdier in Huntington Beach. If you are looking for a really relaxing and quiet weekend, this is not the place - go to the Saint Regis close by in Monarch Beach. A huge difference that we both noted was the age of the staff at the Hyatt - 90% of them seemed to be teenagers or in their early 20's (except for managerial positions). They seemed to be surfers in the area. You do not get quite that mature, professional service from teenagers. At the St Regis you have the very experienced, well mannered staff. Bottom line is - if you are looking to have some fun and people watch, head on out to the Hyatt for a change.

For those of you travelling from another state, this location is very close to other attractions like the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, Lego Land, Disneyland and the San Diego Zoo and so much more.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Sightsee802692
Reviewed June 7, 2008

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach. We came as a family vacation, the staff was excellent, and kind to me and my family, my room was clean and spacious, I loved having the wide strech of beach only steps away from the resort. I went in the beginning of June, it was still chilly, but the heated pool was wonderful. I plan on coming back agian next year!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank alc0331
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Beautiful hotel. Lovely grounds. Wonderful spa. The rooms are comfortable and quiet and they even give you free bottled water in the room! I liked the attitude of the employees, the manager is doing a good job. You do have to cross the roads to get to the beach. I was here for business. Yes it is spendy but you pay for what you get!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business