“Excellent seafood and steaks”

Captain Jack's Restaurant
Price range: US$25 - US$65
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2017

The lobster, shrimp, and giant King Crab Legs are cooked to perfection, and the portions are very generous. I always end up taking home a "people bag" of my left over crab legs. I eat my crab legs the following day on a nice big healthy salad, so I enjoy 2 days of Captain Jav's delectable seafood. Each meal starts with a delicious salad, and the desserts are delicious. I celebrated my 50th birthday at Caprain Jack's and the service was impeccable for 12 people who attended.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

My Son took my Husband and I out to dinner for a belated Fathers Day. He chose the restaurant and I am glad he did. We all had Crab Legs and they are fabulous! Our server in the Bar was Stephanie and she was fast and friendly. Our server Cory was very good. Our Bus Boy Brandon sticks out in my mind because he was so efficient and smiley...great employee for Capt. Jack's. Back to the food...we really enjoyed the Potato Skins and they come with meat on them and so are very hearty. We ordered Mud Pie for dessert and it was huge but just ok for me. I think it needs a chocolate sauce.There is valet,however parking can be tight so get there early or park on a back street and walk.Captain Jack's is a legend in this area and you owe it to yourself to try it!

1  Thank PeggyChism
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Parking is difficult, the waiting area is cramped and typically too loud for polite conversation due to the live piano music, the decor is pirate ship chic, the staff relishes singing happy birthday to every table whether there is cause to celebrate or not, every table gets its own menu board the size of a mainsail, and the prices are pretty steep, but this is a place not to be missed if you like crab, lobster, prime rib or most any other traditional surf and turf fare. Accept the limitations and quirks and just go with the flow for a fantastic meal and dining experience. Delicious and well-prepared food with an overabundance of sides await the patient diner, making this place well worth the price for any special occasion. We go every year for my birthday and it never fails to deliver.

1  Thank frank4cars
Reviewed June 14, 2017

We had one of our best meals ever. My Prime Rib was fantastic! The entire meal was a delight - good service and delicious food.

1  Thank P3664QZchrisw
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Don't let the looks of this place fool you. It may be old and outdated but you will get one of the best meals of your life. Get the prime rib and lobster. You will love it. The portions are huge so I would recommend splitting it. Reservations are needed.

1  Thank 415kathyl