“Alway a Great Catch”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Locally owned and operated, John and Lynn do an outstanding job. The food and wine are excellent. They know their fish and wine and makes excellent recommendations. I frequently eat there.."One of my favorites.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

I would first like to say that the food here was excellent, and they are not pricy for a seafood restaurant. The calamari was moist and did not have that burnt breading taste you get sometimes at other places. The Red Fish was flaky and the blackening seasoning was right on. Now the odd stuff; this place is kind of loud as most of the patrons seemed elderly and possibly there were hard of hearing. The service is spotty and at times I wondered how many people were working. The owners are nice but I kind of felt like I was back east in a JERSY fish joint off the pier, as they too were kind of loud. The interior and exterior décor leave a lot to be desired as the inside looks like an old 60/70's diner, but given the quality of the food I WILL come back, maybe get it to go next time.

1  Thank heumanntouch
Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

Owner operated, terrific seafood menu fresh daily. Good wine list. Private booths. Historic HB pictures. Easy access and parking. Edinger and Goldenwest.

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

Owners John & Lynn never disappoint!
If you are looking for a non-franchised restaurant where the owners are actual chefs, (but very down-to-earth and fun), this is the place for a WONDERFUL dinner!
They actually DO select fresh seafood daily!
Relaxing indulgence for the soul and the stomach without having to dress formal!

Reviewed December 22, 2016

We live in nearby coastal Huntington Beach and while we have our pick of MANY seafood restaurants to choose from, whenever we want to just have THE BEST seafood EVER - or if we are treating out of town guests - CATCH OF THE DAY is where we go! Owners John and Lynn are the "icing on the cake" as we truly enjoy chatting with them! Since neither my husband or I are from CA, we especially like the historical decor of Huntington Beach. Don't discount the warm, cozy atmosphere. This quality of food rivals ANY seafood that we have EVER had - and we travel all over the world with my husband's corporate biz travel, so we are normally hard to please. Big kudos to John and Lynn. P.S. Ask Chef John ANY seafood question and he will know the answer!