See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I really can’t express how disappointed I was in this hotel. I travel a good amount and usually stay in chain hotels so I was sort of excited to stay in what looks like a boutique hotel. Boy was I surprised – I’ll be sticking to the chains from now on! First of all, when we checked in the hotel was hot. Let me point out that I’m from Texas, so I’m aware that the weather outside affects the ability of air conditioners to keep up and keep the inside of a building cool. All the public parts of the hotel felt like they not only didn’t have the air on but may have had the heat on. When we got checked into the room the air had not been turned on so it took around two hours for the room to get to bearable temperature. When walking with my friend to her room we saw that the fire doors were propped open (I don’t think they were ever closed) which might have accounted for it being so hot in the hotel. I’m pretty sure leaving the fire doors open like that is against code and doesn’t seem very safe to me. Even though we were on the 7th floor of the hotel, obviously there are stairs that lead from the fire door to the ground. With that level of security we might as well have been staying in an outdoor entry motel. Also the sheets and pillows also smelled odd and the tub and sink drain were really slow and had no guards, which meant I could see right down into them and all the gunk in the drains.
There is a huge difference between the appearance of the lobby, which is nice and modern, and the rooms. There were mystery stains on the carpet and peeling wallpaper in both of our rooms. My friend’s room (which was at the end of the hall next to the open fire door) had obviously had some water damage as there were water stains on both the walls and ceilings of her room.
The following morning my friend texted me a picture of the two inch water bug she had killed in her bathroom and informed me that she either had scalding hot water in the shower or it was off – there was no in between. We went down to breakfast and found the breakfast area was 81 degrees (the thermostat was where I could see it). $10 breakfast consisted of something that may have been grits or rice, ¼ of a loaf of white bread, jelly, floppy bacon, sausage, and eggs. My friend said that the eggs were bad, and they certainly had a nasty smell to me. My problem came in when I attempted to get peanut butter (since there was nothing a vegetarian could eat to get protein). I had three attendants tell me they had no peanut butter without looking or doing anything other than standing and talking to each other. My friend (probably knowing that all carbs would make me difficult to be around later in the day) asked a fourth time and someone finally went in the back and found some. We have stayed in much cheaper hotels with free breakfasts that have MUCH better food than was offered at the hotel. Needless to say, after the bug and the breakfast we went and talked to the front desk. They took the breakfasts off and gave us a free night. We talked with the friend we were visiting about staying at her house but decided one more night likely wouldn’t kill us. We went to IHOP the next morning and got some real food for less than this hotel’s price for a really pathetic breakfast.
I am happy to say that we convinced our friend to stop referring people to this hotel. So at least our experience saved others from having to stay here. There are plenty of other options right in the area of this hotel – choose them. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank raffin
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Really disappointed with the whole experience. I read the reviews before booking that weren't amazing but weren't terrible. We were traveling with 3 children and have family in the area so we weren't trying to be super picky about where we stayed since we wouldn't be spending much time at the hotel. The night we checked in there was a huge wedding reception and people were flooded in the lobby, there was a lot going on the lobby smelt terrible and the staff wasn't super accommodating to the arriving guest. They just handed me a room key with the room number on it gave no other information about room service, restaurtant, pool gym locations ect.. just sent me on our way. Headed up to the room knowing they just remolded the hotel looking around you could tell how cheap and quick they tried to remodel the sinks had grout around it, it looked dirty and old. the bathrooms had no plugs for the baths, the rooms were okay but the beds were hard and not cozy there were no extra blankets, sheets, we were a family of 5 and they had no extra towels, pillows anything.... We called and asked for a plug for the bath tub and it never came. the coffee maker in the room was dirty, Im a huge coffee drinker but wouldn't dare touch that thing. The front desk staff was friendly but not knowledgeable about different departments. There were several times we couldn't get ahold of room service and the front desk wasn't helpful with menu knowledge. Room service food was pretty good for breakfast, lunch/dinner was terrible. Plates and glasses sat in the room for days without being picked up. We weren't able to use the pool it looked really nice and clean.. later while checking out I asked a gentlemen that worked at the front desk if he enjoyed working there and he responded no and laughed. Im really not a picky person but was extremely disappointed with a lot of different aspects I think a lot of these issues are small things that can easily be changed but made a huge impression. The hotel is in a great area across the street from a huge shopping center with a lot of popular restaurants and right by all major freeways which makes it easy to get around. I hope they can get these issues figured out and look forward to seeing better reviews in the future. Because of price and location we would think about staying there again in the future if issues were resolved.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kfoust2014
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The photos seen prior to my booking and the reception area when I arrived are totally un-representative of the room I stayed in. The bed was very roughly made when I arrived, but was better on latter nights. The pillows the lumpiest I have found apart from a budget motel. The room itself was just very very tired. The bathroom had no plugs in either the bath OR the sink which seems ridiculous in an area currently suffering from drought. The shower temperature was uncontrollable. There were some minor issues with cleanliness. There is a complimentary breakfast offered, but this is limited to coffee, apples and some tiny muffins. The paid breakfast is not recommended as value for money or quality.

On the plus side, the hotel has a quiet policy in the room agreement, which I liked. The welcome from the receptionist on my arrival was lovely. The parking is plentiful and the rooms reasonably quiet. (The door to my room was loose and so would rattle when another occupant closed their door.) Then links to the freeway are excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room?
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2014

There's really nothing wrong, but nothing great, with this hotel. The staff was fine, we got into our room a little early. My main objection was in the shabbiness of the room. The lobby looked pretty fancy, but the room itself was in need for a thorough dusting and paint job. There was also an annoying lack of mirrors and I had to stand on the edge of the tub to look at my outfit - not exactly safe. The location, across from the mall, was very convenient. Unfortunately an alarm started going off at 2:30 am, but they apologized when we checked out and comped the refrigerator charge (which was delivered on our request). I would stay there again if it were convenient.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2014

When we first arrived at "the hotel" I was surprisingly impressed. The lobby was clean and modern. Only if I knew that the lobby would be the only plesent area on this trip. We checked in and headed up to our rooms on the 8th floor. As soon as we stepped off the elevator I could tell that the whole hotel was not as top notch as the lobby. The hallway was dirty and smelled. The paint was chipping and the only sign of life was the dim hum of the 10 year old vending machine. As we got to our room we found the room looked not at all like the avertised on the website. The first thing I noticed after rushing into the bathroom after a long car ride was the door. ITS A TWO MINUITE ORDEAL TO LOCK AND CLOSE! The bottoms of the doors are cracked and chiped and paint comming off. As well as the tiling on the floors and counters. After I came out of the bathroom, and turned towards the bed I noticed the view. Directly into the side of an office building. Not only was it small and cramped, now I have to worry about the fact the their would be hundreds of buisness people staring out the window into my room. After that I noticed the the bed was hard and crumby. The sheets and pillows were gross and itchy. Let's just say I was not excited about the night sleep. In the morning I woke up to slamming doors and people talking. The rooms have NO SOUNDPROOFING WHATSOEVER. After my rude wake up, all I wanted to do was take a shower. COLD, there was NO HOT WATER WHATSOEVER. After this it was the final straw. We left. We only stayed 1 out of 2 nights. The staff was friendly but that did not balance out the terrible experience in the room. The location is great. Right across from shopping and great restraunts.
This is an example of a hotel that draws people in with their flashy lights and nice lobby. No surprise it was cheap, but not cheap enough. The pool area was gross and filled with cobwebs. Plus the pool was only 4 and a half feet deep, and the hot tub resembled the shower. My recemendation, avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed: April 2014