2,293 results
All reviews shades restaurant new tower surf hero across the street under construction pool area ocean view corner suite valet parking beautiful hotel fire pit pacific city hotel restaurant valet service southern california main st shops and restaurants
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Very disappointed this time around as only 1 pool open for too many people, very overcrowded. Riptide Bar food was not nearly as good as Shades, which was closed. Won't be back anytime soon. We will try another resort.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed August 14, 2018

everything about this hotel is very nice. The location is perfect, across from the beach and just a short walk from shopping and food. Pool is great for families with lots of shade and water slides for the kids. Would highly recommend this hotel and hope to stay again myself!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed August 12, 2018

I stayed one night here in Huntington Beach, CA. As a local, it's the perfect staycation destination, not just for the location, but for the staff. Here is an in-depth review below:

Location:
Right by the beach, next to the shopping plaza Pacific City, and if you're lucky, you get an amazing view of the Pacific Ocean.

Room:
Great, quaint room. Though the one odd part about this room was the motion sensor light in the closet. It would periodically catch me waking up in the middle of the night on my way to the restroom and would come on, forcing me to close it, even with the door closed. Great balcony!

Staff:
Where do I begin? The staff makes the hotel a 5-star hotel on the beach. They are the cornerstone to the excellence of this property. I was welcomed with a gift for our anniversary and they were very helpful. Excellent response times on the telephone and exceeded my expectation on every turn. I'd like to personally commend the following people for their excellent customer service during my stay at the hotel:
Javid, Terry, Keli, Luis, Kim-Erin, and Tammy.

What to do:
If you want to stay on the property, there's an excellent rooftop bar called Offshore (I recommend changing the logo). You can also go down to the pool, though the other pool was under construction. To my surprise, the music was fantastic. Who doesn't like vacationing to 90's and 2000's Pop/R&B?

There's a great slide in the middle of the property. Must be a kid's dream, or at least for someone who is drunk enough to impress their friends or spouse.

If you do not care for crowded pools, the hotel offers towel and beach chair services immediately in front of the property. At least this way you can share the open waters...with sharks.

Food:
I didn't have a bad experience at the restaurants, nor did I have a memorable one. The menu in the room was not the same as the one on the "leave at the door and we'll come to pick it up" menu. Because of this, we couldn't get breakfast tacos (dangit!). Breakfast in the room was good. Plus, who can beat that view with some eggs on the side?

The food on the rooftop bar was equally mediocre. Tacos had a strange taste. Why can't I get a good taco at this place? Recommendation: get some ceviche, chips and salsa, guacamole, and finger foods. Also, it gets cold at night after that amazing sunset, so I recommend getting into the hot dessert game. (s'mores anyone?)

Overall Review 5/5
Excellent staff, location, and experience. Thank you, guys!

Will return to this property and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Get a partial ocean view room
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Korhan E
Kim-Erin J, Guest Relations Manager at The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

WOW! What a review. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent anniversary stay at The Waterfront. I am so happy you enjoyed your time with us. It is so kind of you to mention so many of our wonderful associates by name. I will make sure to pass this on to them. We know you have many options when staying in Huntington Beach; thank you for choosing us!

At your Service,
Kim-Erin Justice
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Getting to this Hilton is easy. Just follow PCH. It is right across the street from the beach in Huntington.

The Hotel is huge. One of the bigger Hiltons that I have been too. Rooms are normal size, very clean, somewhat of a surfer decor. The staff is great for a big hotel like this. The pool was very very crowded so get up early.

Lots of great restaurants and shopping near by. What a location to get great food, shopping, and beach play.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located to the beach. The staff at the hotel is all around service oriented and friendly. We had the great pleasure of working with Tammy and Vanessa, from the concierge area, prior to and during our visit. Both are the definition of customer service and going above and beyond.

We were in the Huntington Tower, which had nice partial views of the ocean and faced the pool. You could not hear any noise from the pool or street. We rented a cabana for two days and the service was great. We also rented the firepit for one evening and the kids enjoyed making s’mores. We did the pool multiple days and the hotel provides balks and noodles for folks to play with. There’s two slides which the kids had a blast using.

There is a shuttle service to downtown which was nice and the hotel even provided my sister a quick lift across to the beach as her foot was having issues.

The only change I would have made is having more/different food items at your restaurants. They all seemed to be the same and not a lot of variety. The breakfast buffet was good but lunch and dinner lacked variety among the different places to eat. Having an option later in the evening to grab snacks or dessert would be helpful for families.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family