“Comfort, Convenience + A Great Scene”

Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Beverly Hills, CA
Reviewed 12 September 2005

The Esmeralda has it all...
Small enough for easy naviagation;
large enough for all the ameniities ..
wrapped up in an easy going package

Several pools, sandy beach for the kids, 2 jacuzzis
Terrific Brunch
Wonderful lunch (Chicken and Avocado sandwich A+)
Friendly, lively bar and guest service

Located on a golf course (owned by the City of Indian Wells)
shared with Hyatt Grand Champions with a golf club restaurant
in an easy walk.

On Highway 111 ...easy access to everything Palm Springs
and Indian casinos.

Ready to return in a heartbeat!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed 3 September 2005

The resort is brilliant as are most of the staff. Our stay was spoiled by the attitude of the bar manager David. The first time we visited the bar, on arrival at the resort late in the evening, we were the only customers and he made it plain by his demeanour that we were preventing him getting home. On our second visit I questioned the bill and he eventually admitted, after a long delay and with no apology, that I had been charged with other customers' drinks. On the third visit, my wife and I were sitting having a quiet conversation at the bar, when he refused to serve us more drinks on the grounds that we had had too much alcohol, after we had had five long drinks with food over a period of almost three hours. I guess he was getting revenge for being challenged for overcharging two days before. As some of his colleagues told us , 'He thinks he's still in the army' although I think that maligns the army! We left early and checked into another hotel in Palm Springs.
All the other staff were outstanding, particularly in the spa and by the pool area.

• Stayed: August 2004
4  Thank encal
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 23 August 2005

Stayed at the Renaissance Aug. 7-11th. Had a Corner King Room on the fourth floor overlooking the Pool... It as GREAT! The room is huge and had a view on the pool, mountains, and east... the bed was great, the bathroom was SUPER... and the staff was very helpful and friendly... I couldn't have asked for a better hotel in all respects and look forward to returning soon. The pool is large and and sandy beach is so nice for the kids, and the waterfall is a really nice touch. We have stayed any many 5star hotels and this one is one of the tops!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Azusa, Ca.
Reviewed 20 August 2005

I'm tempted to write that my experience was horrible and not recommend a stay here so everyone will stay away and I have a better chance to reserve a room. However, this would not do justice to the resort and staff. If you are into rude staff, terrible tasting food, bad views from your room, do NOT stay here. From the moment you arrive, your're treated like royalty. Everyone on the staff is cordial, polite and are genuinely glad to see you. All the staff will bend over backwards to cater to your every whim. My wife and I stayed for our anniversary and when we arrived in our room, there was complimetary champagne and strawberries to help as celebrate. The evening entertainment is great. Definately recommend on of your evening dinners be at Scirroco. Great service and delicious Italian cuisine will welcome you here. Spent all day in the pool next to the pool bar. Too lazy to actually get out of the pool and order your drink? No problem, the attentive pool staff will take your drink and food order and charge it to your room if you'd like. Very convenient so you don't have to take cash down to the pool. If you have time, pay a visit to the spa, you wont' be sorry. For all you couples, book a "Couples Massage" and enjoy some time away from the real world.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2005

My fiancee and I stayed here for just 2 days but I could have stayed for ever!
Everything about the renaissance resort was first class- service excellent, beautiful surroundings. From our room we had a stunning view of the mountains and the large pool area. The highlight of my stay was sipping cocktails in the swimming pool (it is hot here, and even the water is warm!). Another highlight was the carpet in the elevator which changed everyday to say "Have a pleasant Thursday..." etc - a small thing, but all part of the attention to detail! The mattress was the most comfortable I had ever slept on, and the room was large, airy and immaculate (ask for a pool view room if possible).
There is enough dining variety here for you not to need to eat outside the resort. The Charisma restaurant served an incredible seafood buffet followed by a chocolate fountain for dessert, but my fiancee was equally pleased with his barbecued sausage in the poolside cafe!!!
A wonderful, utterly relaxing stay. Couldn't recommend it enough.

3  Thank KayDas
Reviewed 12 August 2005

Everything about this hotel was first class. While waiting to check in I was offered chilled berry tea and moisturizer. The room was fabulous and the view was even better. The lobby is beautiful. The pool was outstanding, the ladies who take care of the pool area were very nice and attentive. The pool bar was great, and the prices were fair. We didn't eat there (we were with children) but it looked nice. The room was big, very clean and nicely stocked. We were traveling on a budget, so we didn't valet park, the self parking was a bit of a walk, but that is my only (very minor) complaint. The staff was very nice, we really felt like we were welcomed, even with small kids. We got a great rate of $129, I understand it is much more in the winter, so I feel like a got a 4 star resort at a bargain price. I would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank flasugmag
Covina, CA
Reviewed 11 August 2005

We have stayed in the Palm Springs area many times and have been loyal guests of the Desert Springs for the last 18 years, but as the service there began to decline we found a new wonderful place to get a way. The Esmeralda has the best service and the sweetest efficent staff that I have ever experienced. I have never been to a place where they remembered my name the entire 6 day stay I was there. Everyone from the door men to the houskeeping was wonderfully trained and friendly. The rooms are large and well kept and the view of the Santa Rosa Mountains is breath-taking. The grounds are well kept, the pool area well stocked with towels and the room service came through with quick service and hot food. When entering the lobby to check in we were greeted with icy glasses of herbal tea, a perfect welcome when traveling in the heat. The A/C was efficent enough to kep even the 110 degree heat from bothering us. The beds were very comfortable and the double sinks perfect for the busy couple who both need mirror space. I have been a guest at the Esmeralda 5 times now, and each time we were treated to a room upgrade without even asking for it. I recommend this resort to anyone who wants to feel like a VIP and for those who just want to be pleasantly suprised with the consistantly wonderful service. The one thing that amazed me was that the carpet in the elevators is changed nightly to welcome your day. The spa was well kept and professional and the one time that I had just a small problem with my treatment it was immediately taken care of well beyond what I had expected. Give the Esmeralda a chance, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2005
0.5 km away
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
7.8 km away
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!