1,299 results
All reviewsgolf coursepool areacorner roomself parkinglarge hotelsushi barlobby barpalm springsbnp paribasbusiness conferencefitness centerspring breakpool staffhotel is beautifulplenty of lounge chairstennis tournamentpoolside service
Reviewed September 3, 2005

The resort is brilliant as are most of the staff. Our stay was spoiled by the attitude of the bar manager David. The first time we visited the bar, on arrival at the resort late in the evening, we were the only customers and he made it plain by his demeanour that we were preventing him getting home. On our second visit I questioned the bill and he eventually admitted, after a long delay and with no apology, that I had been charged with other customers' drinks. On the third visit, my wife and I were sitting having a quiet conversation at the bar, when he refused to serve us more drinks on the grounds that we had had too much alcohol, after we had had five long drinks with food over a period of almost three hours. I guess he was getting revenge for being challenged for overcharging two days before. As some of his colleagues told us , 'He thinks he's still in the army' although I think that maligns the army! We left early and checked into another hotel in Palm Springs.
All the other staff were outstanding, particularly in the spa and by the pool area.

• Stayed: August 2004
4  Thank encal
Reviewed August 23, 2005

Stayed at the Renaissance Aug. 7-11th. Had a Corner King Room on the fourth floor overlooking the Pool... It as GREAT! The room is huge and had a view on the pool, mountains, and east... the bed was great, the bathroom was SUPER... and the staff was very helpful and friendly... I couldn't have asked for a better hotel in all respects and look forward to returning soon. The pool is large and and sandy beach is so nice for the kids, and the waterfall is a really nice touch. We have stayed any many 5star hotels and this one is one of the tops!

4  Thank Sunshine7025
Reviewed August 20, 2005

I'm tempted to write that my experience was horrible and not recommend a stay here so everyone will stay away and I have a better chance to reserve a room. However, this would not do justice to the resort and staff. If you are into rude staff, terrible tasting food, bad views from your room, do NOT stay here. From the moment you arrive, your're treated like royalty. Everyone on the staff is cordial, polite and are genuinely glad to see you. All the staff will bend over backwards to cater to your every whim. My wife and I stayed for our anniversary and when we arrived in our room, there was complimetary champagne and strawberries to help as celebrate. The evening entertainment is great. Definately recommend on of your evening dinners be at Scirroco. Great service and delicious Italian cuisine will welcome you here. Spent all day in the pool next to the pool bar. Too lazy to actually get out of the pool and order your drink? No problem, the attentive pool staff will take your drink and food order and charge it to your room if you'd like. Very convenient so you don't have to take cash down to the pool. If you have time, pay a visit to the spa, you wont' be sorry. For all you couples, book a "Couples Massage" and enjoy some time away from the real world.

6  Thank BoardingPass30439
Reviewed August 16, 2005

My fiancee and I stayed here for just 2 days but I could have stayed for ever!
Everything about the renaissance resort was first class- service excellent, beautiful surroundings. From our room we had a stunning view of the mountains and the large pool area. The highlight of my stay was sipping cocktails in the swimming pool (it is hot here, and even the water is warm!). Another highlight was the carpet in the elevator which changed everyday to say "Have a pleasant Thursday..." etc - a small thing, but all part of the attention to detail! The mattress was the most comfortable I had ever slept on, and the room was large, airy and immaculate (ask for a pool view room if possible).
There is enough dining variety here for you not to need to eat outside the resort. The Charisma restaurant served an incredible seafood buffet followed by a chocolate fountain for dessert, but my fiancee was equally pleased with his barbecued sausage in the poolside cafe!!!
A wonderful, utterly relaxing stay. Couldn't recommend it enough.

3  Thank KayDas
Reviewed August 12, 2005

Everything about this hotel was first class. While waiting to check in I was offered chilled berry tea and moisturizer. The room was fabulous and the view was even better. The lobby is beautiful. The pool was outstanding, the ladies who take care of the pool area were very nice and attentive. The pool bar was great, and the prices were fair. We didn't eat there (we were with children) but it looked nice. The room was big, very clean and nicely stocked. We were traveling on a budget, so we didn't valet park, the self parking was a bit of a walk, but that is my only (very minor) complaint. The staff was very nice, we really felt like we were welcomed, even with small kids. We got a great rate of $129, I understand it is much more in the winter, so I feel like a got a 4 star resort at a bargain price. I would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed: July 2005