1,299 results
All reviewsgolf coursepool areacorner roomself parkinglarge hotelsushi barlobby barpalm springsbnp paribasbusiness conferencefitness centerspring breakpool staffhotel is beautifulplenty of lounge chairstennis tournamentan adult
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Booked into this hotel for two nights on a travelocity rate. Upon checkout I was hit with "fees" of $26.22 a night. No warning-- just the standard rip off. One of their own employees said it best: "I don't understand why they do that to customers". Well I suppose it is easier when you view the customer as a victim rather than a customer.

Hotel was clean. Has a great Italian restaurant but not much more. Sort of a Holiday Inn with a large pool and few guests.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank kaakre
Reviewed November 10, 2009

We were in town from Virginia for a Phish festival at the Empire Polo Fields. I was a little nervous after reading the negative reviews on this site. We had a great large room witha great balcony. I requested NO POOL VIEW DUE TO NOISE. I read that the pool was noisy with a bunch of drunks all the time.. Not the case. Our room had a gorgeous view of the MOUNTAINS AND GOLF COURSE. WE requested a fridge and it was waiting for us, thought, loaded with expensive stuff we did not want to buy. We wanted it for storage so make sure you tell them that upon arrival. "DON'T MOVE THINGS AROUND IN THE FRIDGE..THEY DO CHARGE YOU."
Pool was great and not many people there. I ran down to save seats early on Sat. and I ddi not need to do that. I guess we were not in peak season. Not many people at the pool and it was 90 degrees.
We left stuff behind and the hotel called. They are mailing our items. It has been a week. Nothing yet.
The Breakfast buffett for $22.00 was WELL worth it. The best breakfast food I have had in a long time. Very fresh and lots to choose from!
Great time and would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Spent a delightful week at the Esmerelda last month, and found this property to be most exceptional in just about every way.
Extra large, opulently furnished rooms overlooking the swaying date palms and vivid green of the championship golf course.
Premium bedding, spacious marble bath, and gliding plantation privacy shutters all contributed to make my stay a placidly pleasant , and supremely comfortable one.
Close to the action and excitement of Palm Canyon Drive, yet apart enough to afford its guests a serene and placid setting.
Quiet and VERY upscale, this is a HUGE hotel.
Mammoth center atrium exquisitely designed and extremely well maintained.
Use the valet as the self parking lot, albeit free, is quite a walk from the door, up two flights of stairs.
Well equipped business center offering all amenities.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Desertfan
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Spacious rooms, comfortable beds and all the comforts the traveler is looking for.........bathrooms are a bit strange in the layout but roomy!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank AnewMunsterfan
Reviewed October 16, 2009

From my perspective, if you like to watch people and just lay back in a chair.. this is where they go. Want coffee.. long lines. slow service at Star Buck. Food was good at the pool.. but you could not get in.. too many unsupervised kids. Adults were acting childish. Placing minor items on the chaise chairs before sun up. Rules ignored on saving chairs. 100% had a paper or shoe .. assistants shrugged it off. So we just put the stuff aside... later, after 4 hours in the chair a woman comes up and asks if I noticed this chair had (yesterdays) paper on it. Honestly I said no, as I rearranged chairs before.. might have been the same space, different chair ) She sulked about staring for hours. Another group came up after 1PM and asked the people ( who were the 2nd to occupy ) to move as they has "saved this space early in the morning. They refused and all kinds of bad language ensued. They just went over to get spares.. and dropped them in the area so it became crowded and then just kept berating the family... luckily they were un-moveable. English was a second language. Would I stay there again. NO way. Miramonte across the street gets my money. BEst food and bar scene for quirt enjoyment. All in all, the stay was about what you get in a low class cruise ship off Mexico. Just trailer people looking for class and find their kinfolk instead.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple