“Wow In The Desert”

Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Reviewed 5 August 2017

This hotel/resort was one of the nicest places I have visited over my years of travel. The hotel staff was very nice from the moment the group of folks I was with arrived. The hotel was immaculate, the rooms were spacious, the linens were top notch, the bathrooms were very nice as well. The views from most of the rooms our group occupied were spectacular with mountains, pool and golf course views. The pool area was very well set up (even though we were unable to take full advantage due to plans) with a bar, water fall, space enough for all to relax in the water as well as plenty of chairs/cabanas to sit. The best part of the pool was the mini sand beach for the kids (and adults) to play. The grounds and plants in the hotel were phenomenal and so lovely to relax in throughout the day. The restaurants were good with quite a few to choose from with a variety of food choices for everyone. About the only things that didn't make it the very top were there were not a lot of things for families (it is a golf resort and there were a few game areas), and there was no shuttle to and from the airport. I would stay here again for a weekend or mid-week get-away.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the pool, or the golf course for best views.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed 3 August 2017

After a couple of years absence, we drove a couple of hours from salt water to bask and play in chlorine. When we got there, the pool was a zoo (Saturday). No open chairs or umbrellas. Sooo many folks in the pool it was unbelievable. My realtor friend told me later, ...get ready for this... that this and some other resorts there SELL --daily resort passes to non-guests-- during the slower summer season. The friends I mentioned this to all agreed, that's curmmy, but fine, at least warn your paying room guests or reserve a space for them.

When I asked the manager about this, she nicely said they only offer this MON-THU, however, the resortpass website currently has openings also on FRI so I wonder about the ridiculous amount of folks we encountered on SAT. I would also mention that pool bar drinks are yummy, but up to $13 each. We paid it so I guess they're not charging too much, but ugh.

Additionally, and new to me at any Marriott, the place was dirty. Yep, dirty, everywhere. The lobby glass doors full of grime, the lobby bathroom floors have gunk in the corners, elevator doors all smudged, my room desk glass table top had dust and grime around all of its edges, the poor entry gate had BROWN grime caked on from months of handling that has gone unnoticed, yuck (see picture). When we sat down at the lobby bar, the fancy rugs had a double pattern for this ritzy place, alas, one from the manufacturer and a second from the unaddressed spots, ...plus crumbs enough for your second meal.

Why rating isn't worse? Heck, the hotel was built right and is still impressive architecturally. Except the pool bar, we found the staff still Marriott nice. But having said that, we went for the pool and paid-up for a nice and CLEAN place to stay. Neither was had, ...doubtful I'd ever pay-up here again when there are other resorts out there to try. Waited for a Marriott review opportunity in my email, never got one, ...a little telling?

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank surfgoodworkbad
RenaissanceIW, Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We were disappointed to read your comments about the cleanliness issues you encountered and will certainly be addressing those items with our team. Our goal is to provide the best experience for all hotel guests and we'll use your feedback to help improve in all areas. Thanks again!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Everything is all right in this hotel, except the restaurant where we wait for 50mn before having our meal (chicken...) (better choice for dinner : the bar). Pool, garden, terrace, bar : large, friendly, clean. Rooms are large and very well equipped. Good choice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This place has great rooms, great restaurants, great grounds, great bar scene. I was very comfortable for the several days I had to work a conference in this town. I only wish I had time to golf the golf course! I'll be back!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel and rooms very clean and well maintained, pool was clean but water temp warm due to it being 110 degrees outside.

Food was good but very slow in preparing and getting food to customer.

Had 4 charging stations in covered garage, 2 TESLA destination chargers which worked out great for us

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Huge hotel close to lots of outside restaurants! Fantastic pool area with a sand area and lots of shade! There is a great waterfall you can stand under with very cold water to cool you off! Rooms are clean and modern. Good food options within the hotel as well.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Spent a couple of days there for a business conference, so didn't have time to take advantage of amenities. Was told that the week I was there was during their slower times due to the temperature which may account for a couple of things. The bar was only open during the evening and closed rather early. I never saw the sushi bar open at all. Room service dishes sat in the hallway for extended periods of time, and housekeeping seemed to be late in the day. Other than that, my group had a pretty good experience with the staff of Stir (we held a private party). They were very friendly and accommodating (shout out to Maria!). Would give it another try at a different time of year to see if this was a one off due to weather and the massive amounts of teen cheerleaders who were there for a competition/camp.
Side note: No airport shuttle from the Palms Springs Airport which was inconvenient.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
RenaissanceIW, Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback and the positive experience you had with our event staff. We do experience different highs and lows with occupancy as most hotels do in different seasons, but our number one goal is to provide exceptional service at all times. We'll share your feedback with our team and appreciate you taking the time to share your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
0.5 km away
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
7.8 km away
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!