1,299 results
All reviewsgolf coursepool areacorner roomself parkinglarge hotelsushi barlobby barpalm springsbnp paribasbusiness conferencefitness centerspring breakpool staffhotel is beautifulplenty of lounge chairstennis tournamentpoolside service
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We just came back from spending two nights in this hotel over Memorial day weekend. I traveled with my husband and two boys (11 and 4). The public areas in the hotel are pretty nice, the ground are pretty, the pool looks beautiful (at least in the pictures).
In reality, you have to walk a really really long way to your room, because of the way the hotel is laid out, the room itself was adequate, nothing more, the walls are paper thin, you can hear people walking and talking in the hallway.
The valet parking costs $25 a day, which is outrageous, so we self parked. That entails a very long walk from the parking lot to the hotel, but oh well.
The most disappointing part of the hotel was the pool: never in my life have I seen a pool so crowded with people and with beach chairs. When you finally manage to find a chair (and it's hard!) you sit very close to the water, and all the kids in the pool are splashing you even if you want to stay somewhat dry. The chairs are squeezed together, and it feels hectic and chaotic, not relaxing.
In the water, there were tons of people, and mainly kids, screaming, splashing, playing ball, hitting you. I have kids myself, but this was TORTURE.
In the night time, you could hear people walking next to your room, loud and noisy.
I didn't like this hotel at all.
Oh, and the resort fee of $25 a day? What was that for? I didn't feel there was anything resort like about this hotel. Stay away.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank avivit
Reviewed May 28, 2010

I was a little hesitatant to stay here after reading some of the reviews. My wife and I went for 3 days for a getaway. Our stay was excellent, hotel is clean, staff was polite and there were plenty of lounge chairs, towels, etc. We did stay just before Memorial Day weekend specifically because we knew it wouldn't be cowded. If you go to a place like this during spring break or a holiday of course it's going to be packed. I guess our only gripe is it's a little pricey in the restaurants and bar area; kinda reminded me of Hawaii pricing. But I would stay here again, no problem!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2010

We stayed here with our 2 1/2 year old. It was a lot of fun for the whole family. There are a lot of kids at the pool, but there is a very large pool area.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Stayed here for the Stagecoach Music Festival in Indio. We picked this hotel because it was a Marriott and when we called and booked the hotel (at a 760 number, not a call center) we were told there would be a "courtesy shuttle" running every half hour to the concert venue. Upon arriving we found out that the "courtesy" shuttle was going to cost $75 a person!!!! This was the sole purpose for booking a nice hotel that far from the venue! We asked the front desk girl and her response was basically "tough crap there's nothing we can do, its $75 a person". The manager Sergio had the same attitude, saying that there was no way anyone could have told us the shuttle was complimentary and we must have called a national call center who had no idea what they were talking about. He said regardless of what we were told, the shuttle is $75 a person, so deal. After awhile he finally offered a $50 room credit, which he bumped up to $75 since our group was now out $300 for this misinformation.

The next day at the restaurant we waited almost 10 minutes before the host would acknowledge we were there. We said "excuse me, party of 4 please" and he turned his back and started using the cash register without saying a word. Finally another hostess came up to seat us. There were empty tables all over the restaurant, so they couldnt have been busy or understaffed. The service was awful. The server never brought a drink menu, didnt ask for our ID's but instead demanded them, and then brought us out Bloody Mary's in a white wine glass with no celery. The table next to us had also ordered Bloody Mary's, except theirs came in goblets about twice the size of ours with all the garnishes. Wtf?? She forgot our sides, never brought butter or jam for our toast, never asked if we wanted drink refills. We saw her once when she put in our order and once when she dropped the check (the food was dropped off by another woman who spoke literally zero English so she couldnt understand when we were explaining the things that were missing)

Finally on the morning of checking out, we found they had automatically billed the room on the one credit card we put down instead of letting us split the charges like we had asked. There were over $100 of fraudulent charges on our bill!!! We were charged the resort fee four times! The woman at the front desk (a different one from before) fixed it, but still... how do you try to get away with that? There was a much older woman next to us also checking out who was complaining as well. She was upset about the horrible customer service she received. She was never brought up extra drinking glasses to her room like she had asked, nor did she get the extra robe (since they only provide you with one robe for a 2 person room), nor did she get any clean/extra towels.

As the woman checking out next to me said... "This place is a disgrace to the Marriott chain" If you stay in the area, use the Hilton next door and just come over and use the Marriott pool... that was what everyone else was doing anyway.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for three nights in a king suite. The room was very spacious, great view of the pool from the 2nd top floor, and very clean. We did not get a chance to order room service but the restaurant downstairs by the pool is super. Awesome food and friendly staff.
We golfed 18 holes one day, this has been THE MOST BEAUTIFUL golf course I have ever seen!! I do have quite a few under my belt to compare it to. The pro shop is very nice, helpful friendly staff, and very nice clothes, bags, shoes, boots, not to mention the golf items!!
The coffee shop is over priced I thought.
The jewelry shop is small but I still found one or two items I fell in love with, (I only brought one home with me.)
The gift shop also has a wide selection of items. Clothing, sunglasses, souvenirs, swimming aids, snacks, drinks, etc.
All in all I loved this hotel and can't wait to visit again. Every staff member that spoke to us or helped us was extremely friendly and courteous.
I can't forget to mention how beautiful the grounds are. Absolutely gorgeous!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple