I am usually not a a big complainer--I am very easy going, very happy most of the times, However, I must rant today.
Okay, so I'm checking in the front desk and the staff is distracted because a woman is all distraught because the pool umbrellas were getting thrown around in the wind and a guy almost got hit in the head and she wants to talk the manager....As all this is going on I am patiently waiting while 3 desk clerks stare at her mesmerized--like, hello? Can one of you help me? And then so finally one of the clerks looks at me a little blankly, and says, "Oh? Checking in?" (No I'm just standing here because I enjoy standing in hotel lobbies staring at clerks)
I give her my "SKYAUCTION" receipt (I got the room off skyauction for 99.00) and she looks a little nervous and says she's never seen such a thing. Then she can't find my name or my reservation (I've got 2 restless children whining in the car, and I'm thinking you'd better find it like pretty quick, lady...)So she disappears beyond some door and does not return for like 15 minutes and when she does the smiles rather coldy and says are you sure this is the receipt they gave you? Then, at the same moment, an older man is trying to check in and they keep telling him they have no record of his reservation. So at the desk there are 3 problems going on at once.
Thanks goodness, rooms were okay and clean, no problems there.
Other problems to be aware of: Dirty dishes at CAVA. At dinner one glass was smeared with lipstick and the other with what looked like dried egg yolk. Eeeek! Staff at restaurant is kind of spacy--don't look happy to be working there.
Last complain: pool needs serious repair. The metal railings are rusted and pieces of the railings are coming loose in the pool.
Last warning: DO NOT COME TO THIS HOTEL IF YOU DON'T HAVE KIDS!!!! (go to the miramonte across the street)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the natural beauty of Indian Wells, California from Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa. Our sophisticated hotel resort is a restful sanctuary set agains the backdrop of the beautiful Coachella Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Esmeralda Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Esmeralda Hotel Indian Wells
- Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa California Desert
- Indian Wells Renaissance