All reviews frank's place golf course lucille ball and desi frank sinatra dean martin palm springs yogurt bit dated palm desert great pool pool side era lounge mountains throwback hollywood tennis
Reviewed August 19, 2018

I had to write a review after reading all the negative reviews! From check-in to check-out our experience at Indian Wells Resort was great!! First, the room rate was really good. We booked through Groupon and had a double room with an awesome view! With our Groupon we also received 4 cocktails at Franks Place, and 2 full breakfasts, not a continental breakfast. The pool was refreshing, and the whole setting was wonderful! This resort does not claim to be a 5 star hotel, it is what it is, and I would definitely recommend it for a reasonably priced weekend getaway!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank PattyW247
Reviewed August 14, 2018

I wanted to go to the Palm Springs-Indian Wells area for my birthday, and I came across a deal for this hotel that was hard to resist. The pics of the place looked really good--although you can't always trust them. The reviews were mixed. Despite that, we decided to give this "historic" hotel a try.
It's located really close to where the tennis tournaments take place and next to a golf course; the walls of the hotel have memorabilia of Ricky Ricardo and Lucille Ball (at one time the owners of this hotel) as well as other celebrities from the 60s displayed all around. The grounds looked clean, and the hotel maybe a little run down (just a tad bit). Not a lot of folks here, and definitely not a super hip place, but good if trying to stay away from crowds and the downtown area. The Resort has a big pool with a view of the mountains. The hotel also has its own restaurant. Our stay was good and without setbacks. We will probably come back again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Took myself, So, her daughter and niece here for two days on a road trip.
Guess its the off season since bar and restaurant closed pretty early but the Hotel its self was interesting and apparently has some history being linked to Desi and Lucy. Lots of old rat pack pictures about the place. Pool was a bit small but very clean and nice seems it was salt water and not crowded and a nice poolside bar. The hotel staff were nice and helpful and the entire atmosphere was quiet relaxed, unrushed and overall a great place for us to stop, swim, drink, sleep and eat on or road trip. May come back just me and the Lady for a quieter away from Palm Springs romantic getaway

Room Tip: Ground floor Poolside rooms are best
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2018

My husband and I were looking for an affordable getaway that isn't too far from our house. We settled on the Palm Springs area because we thought the prices would be more affordable this time of year. To my surprise, I found that most hotels were still quite expensive except for this hotel. Of course, it's very low price made me suspicious but we were just looking for somewhere that had a pool and clean accommodations.

This hotel is located in Indian Wells, right next to a golf course. Once inside, it's apparent that it isn't the most updated hotel but it was clean and very, very affordable. Behind the check in desk is a plaque that notes the property is a historical landmark, since it was originally built by Desi Arnaz. I'm a big fan of both Desi and Lucy so this was an extra treat! Check in was very easy and the front desk attendant was friendly.

The room was basic, with a small coffee maker in the main living area and a refrigerator in the closet. The closet is large and reminded me of a residential closet. The room had sliding doors that opened onto a very small patio next to the parking lot.

The pool is large and was definitely the main attraction while we were there. Although there were about 10 kids in the pool, it's large enough that they were no bother. I was hoping for an outdoor bar and there is a snack bar-type area but it wasn't open during the summer. Instead, there is a house phone that can be used to order drinks to be delivered to the pool area.

Inside the lobby area of the hotel, there are many photos of Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball and all of their friends. It was a fun trip back in time! There is also a bar that hosts nightly lounge acts, but not during the summer time. My husband ordered a mixed drink at the bar after spending time in the pool and we were shocked to learn that we were charged $22.00 dollars for it! Since we only paid a base price of $50 for the room, plus $29.00 resort fee, we thought the drink price was incredibly inflated.

Overall, I would recommend the property and would probably stay there again but probably won't be patronizing the bar.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

I must say wow! After reading some of the reviews on here I was very nervous that this hotel would ruin our weekend and since we had purchased non refundable rooms I though we were doomed.

We literally had the best experience at this hotel. My husband myself and my 10 year old daughter stayed in a double bed room on the first floor. The room was extremely clean and included everything that we needed and expected to be there,(soap, towels, tissue paper, extra pillows and blankets). In our Groupon voucher included tickets for free drinks and free breakfast buffets. On Friday night we went to Frank’s Place and got some food and drinks. The customer service was outstanding and the food was good. The singer that night went around talking to each table saying hi before she put on her show.

The next morning we went to the buffet. I would advise going early since tables can be hard to come by if you decide to wait until 930-945 am to eat breakfast. The buffet was awesome and I honestly did not think they would have so many different breakfast items. I have stayed at other hotels where their breakfast buffet included a small box of cereal and an apple. This was nothing like that. We all ate and enjoyed ourselves and the staff was very friendly and on their game! We then went to the pool and it was nice. They have water misters by the bar which was cool and a tv at the pool bar as well. Our drink vouchers also worked at the pool bar so we had margaritas and played in the pool. The hotel offers free towels to all guests for the pool which I think is lovely. We also brought our inflatables in the water which I’m happy they allowed that.

My husband and I slept great and had no issues with noise or comfort. We were situated right next to the exit door and elevator and thought for sure we would have issues with noise but nope!

I am honestly confused why other people have rated this hotel poorly. I feel for the money we spent on it which was under $100 a night, we got a 10/10 deal. If you want luxury you need to pay for luxury. This hotel is fine and fun and great for family.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family