All reviews lazy river murphy bed parking pass bedroom unit ping pong golf course palm springs world mark splash pad wyndham owners timeshare presentation basketball court washer and dryer timeshare property full kitchen family resort sales pitch
Reviewed January 24, 2016

This had to be the absolute worst hotel stay where I have spent more than one night. I am still so disgusted, in fact, that I am writing this the very evening after we checked out.

We checked in the evening of Sunday, January 17, 2016 after having spent a luxurious week at the Marriott Grand Chateau in Vegas. My son is an owner with Worldmark and sent us there for the week. As an aside, we are also timeshare owners with Interval International. The main reason we are owners is because we are always assured of excellent accommodations no matter where we go.

The first thing we noticed upon entering our room was that 2 slats were missing from the vertical blinds which created an 8-10 inch gap in the balcony door. I called to report it and was asked if I wanted it addressed that night or if I wished to wait until the next day. Well, seeing as it was dark, I preferred that it was taken care of that night so that we could at least enjoy a modicum of privacy. Maintenance did show up within the hour and replaced the 2 missing slats.

What was more disturbing, however, was the general uncleanness of the room. The carpet was filthy, so much so that I never once walked barefoot in that place. (Please see the picture of the socks I wore to demonstrate just how filthy the carpets were). In fact, I never felt truly clean my entire stay. My standard of cleanlines is, at minimum, that it is AS clean as my own house. Preferably, it is way cleaner. This room did not even meet my minimum standard.

The furniture was also dated and in poor condition (see pics). It was apparent that the TV stands were purchased during the era of monster sized TV's and although newer sets were installed, nothing was done to at least minimally accommodate the new sets.

There was also "cruddy" looking wear on the moulding at the base of the cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms (again see pics).

Although my husband made both the front desk and our sales agent aware, nothing was done to rectify the situation. We were simply told that nothing else was available.

In October 2015, our son recommended another Worldmark property in San Diego, but after reading the negative reviews online, we refused to stay there and instead opted to stay at a Marriott hotel in the area. We dodged the bullet that time as we were very happy with our stay at the Residence Inn.

This experience coupled with the negative reviews from San Diego make me even more determined to NEVER, EVER stay at another Worldmark "resort". We attended a 90 minute sales meeting while we were there and one of their selling points is that they have WAY more locations than Marriott and all others combined. That may be true, but we have never been disappointed with Marriott. If something is wrong, Marriott fixes it. If you're not happy, they do whatever they can to make sure you are satisfied. In short, I will take quality over quantity any day of the week.

The property provides computer monitors, but the number is totally inadequate for the number of residents. I believe that property can accommodate 500 people, but there are only 2 - yes 2 monitors and one of them was so slow that another resident we spoke with compared it to dial up. I remember that dial up was even faster than that. And this is the first place I have ever stayed where you are charged for Wifi. Or for that matter, where you are charged to participate in any of the activities offered at the property.

Although our room was way below par, I can say that the grounds are beautiful and very well kept. The water features on the property are superb. The staff was also very friendly and extremely helpful. We were also pleased that the equipment in the fitness center was adequate so that we could get a good workout in.

If Worldmark gets their act together, then maybe others will not have to deal with what we had to deal with. But until then, they deserve nothing more than one star in my book and hopefully this review will save others from the same fate that we encountered.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shishta
Yvonne D, Manager at WorldMark Indio, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2016

We thank you for your review and apologize for the concerns you faced while on your recent stay with us. Our renovation has begun and by the close of 2016 most of our units will be renovated. We apologize during your stay with us we were totally sold out and were unable to accommodate you into one of our renovated units. We are in the process of improving our internet connection. We have shared your feedback with our team and corrective action has been taken. We would like for you to give us another opportunity to serve you. Do feel free to contact me at 760 342 1040. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 8, 2016

We were asked by a friend to spend a couple of days at the Worldmark time share in Indio. She had just been given a timeshare interest by her brother and this was her first timeshare experience. While she thought the property was very nice, we were rather disappointed. We were in a two bedroom unit but both bedrooms were small. The living area was also rather small; certainly not what I would want for an extended stay with other people.

The furniture was OK but with a very commercial look; not what would be expected in a timeshare property.

Even though I am a Wyndam Hotels frequent guest member, the resort charged for w-fi. In fact, it appeared that even owners may have to pay for wi-fi

On the positive side, the grounds and facilities looked very nice and well kept.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gary M
Yvonne D, Manager at WorldMark Indio, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2016

Thank you for your recent review. We are glad you enjoyed our grounds and facilities.
We are excited our renovation has begun. When you next visit our resort we would love for you to stay in one of our renovated units.

Reviewed January 6, 2016 via mobile

If you are a family coming to the Palm Springs area for sun and pool time this timeshare property. Several large pools, a small lazy river and slide, big game room and lots of space. Nice large units with plenty of parking and big balconies.

But be aware this property is out in the middle of nowhere. Nothing is close and it's 30-45 minutes to Palm Springs.

As always with Wyndham it's a continuing sales barrage throughout your visit. The concierge desk steers people to attractions and restaurants where they get a kick back and then try and get you to attend a sales presentation.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Yvonne D, Manager at WorldMark Indio, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2016

Thank you for your recent review. We are glad that you enjoyed our facilities. Yes our units are spacious and the view from each balcony is lovely. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 2, 2016

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The grounds were beautiful and the ducks and other birds added to the experience! AND the room, (we had a two bedroom unit) was great! Every morning I got up to do yoga.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

We came to stay for Christmas break. We really enjoyed our time at the resort. Everything was clean and in working order. The pool, lazy river, and hot tubs were fun to play in. My boys really likes the lazy river! The resort has a game room and we spent several hours playing ping pong. We really like having a full kitchen so we have the option of staying in to eat. The units have a BBQ on the patio so we used that a few times. Love it!
We'll definitely come back!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Yvonne D, Manager at WorldMark Indio, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2016

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are happy to read how you enjoyed our resort and services. Both the lazy river and our recreational room are popular. We look forward to having you back soon!