“An Amazing Value”
Review of Geneva Motel

Geneva Motel
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed 18 November 2016

I stayed at the Geneva Motel for 2 nights while I was visiting Los Angeles. The hotel was recently renovated, clean, and relatively quiet. There can be a bit of traffic noise since the motel is right off a main street, but nothing the room's A/C unit couldn't drown out. It's located about 10 minutes away from the airport (LAX) and is close to Randy's Donuts (which featured in a scene from Iron Man 2).

There were several amenities that I enjoyed during my stay. I had a mini-fridge and microwave in my room, which came in handy for storing and reheating any food I bought from the nearby restaurants and convenience stores. There was also free wi-fi which was able to handle general video sites like Youtube. The staff was welcoming and professional and parking was plentiful, but there were several open rooms when I stayed there so I'm not sure what this motel's parking lot looks like when it's fully booked.

The only draw backs I can see in this motel are that, in my room at least, there was only a stand-up shower and that many (if not all) of the rooms are single Queen or King sized beds. So if you have issues standing up for long periods of time or you're traveling with a large party you may have trouble with this location.

All in all, I believe the Geneva Motel is an amazing value option if you're traveling on a budget.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Very comfortable bed, clean and well-managed. Noise (street & planes landing) no problem at least in my room away from street. Fast, free WiFi. Could do without the cigarette burn holes on carpet and curtains, and the slight after-stench from previous smokers... but reflects its price point. That said, it could do with a furnishing revamp. Neighborhood will look iffy to the anxious, but I found it friendly and safe. Good inexpensive chinese, mexican eateries (and local/LA area go-to Randy's Donuts) nearby. Close and convenient (no need to worry about LA traffic) to LAX and the 405 freeway. It will be hard to find better value for money hotel rooms in this part of metro LA.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2016

The Hotel was very clean, had a microwaves, refriderator, good wifi, and nice bath and shower. We were happy with our stay. The lady working at the front desk was kind as well. Would recommend for staying at if needing to fly out of LAX early in the morning

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Yesterday Sunday March 27, I reserved a one bed room for one night and later I “upgraded” my reservation for a room with two beds because my daughter was coming with us. Now I have been charged for two rooms! I want you to reimburse me my money!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank viclmzn
Reviewed 4 February 2016

We stayed here as an relatively cheap overnight stay in LA before driving to Vegas the next day.

Room is basic (as expected for the price - $70 US) but was clean and tidy, had room our bags and a little table and chairs, had hot water for a shower and bed was comfy enough for one night.
The lack of water pressure and the room heater not working as well as it should are the only negatives - definitely not deal breakers.

Found it easily in the dark after a very long flight and waiting to pick up a car from car rental, motel had plenty of light and parking.
We dropped our luggage, had a shower and headed out for dinner and to check out Santa Monica Pier which was maybe a 20 - 30 min drive

Man who checked us in was polite and recommended a nice diner (Flip it) down the road (2 min drive) for breakfast the next morning.

Overall, would recommend this place for a reasonable priced motel.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shannon S
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Large bed, decent TV, some parking - not covered. Room had very intense chemical cleaner smell - a bit worrying, but no harm done. Helpful staff let me back in the room after we checked out to collect items left behind.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GroverNZ
Reviewed 31 December 2015

My parents (elderly people) had to spend the night at LAX. We booked and paid via the motel’s website and got a confirmation number and a confirmation e mail. My parents arrived at 10pm for a few hours of sleep before their 6am flight and were rejected in the most disrespectful rude way. The motel said they had no reservation. They insisted even when presented with the confirmation e mail. The receptionist was unbelievably rude and used insulting language. I called the hotel myself. The guy yelled at me for 60 seconds and hanged on me. My parents, both unhealthy people, had to spend 6 hours at the airport, as no other hotel in the area was available (that was the reason we booked this one to begin with). The guy spoke to them through a closed window, in a very dismissive, condescending and brutal way. Keep away from this place, horrible place, horrible staff and dishonest people.

Stayed: December 2015