“Stay ANYWHERE but here”

Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
New York City, New York
“Stay ANYWHERE but here”
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

It started badly and for me that is very hard to bounce back from. When I booked this room, nowhere on the site did it say anything about requesting the shuttle once you land. I am in California often and most times need to stay near LAX before I fly out to somewhere worth being the next day. Every single hotel has shuttles that just show up on a regular basis. Not this hotel. Furthermore, when I mentioned it to the reception he said "That's the way it's always been done and our guests know they have to request the shuttle." Well excuse me for not having psychic abilities. That's the way ONE LAX hotel has always done it and I'm supposed to know that. His attitude was generally okay after that which is why service got Poor instead of Terrible.
Next up; the rooms. I don't expect much - just cleanliness and comfort. This room smells like old smoke lingers and the bathroom smells terrible. I'd ask to change rooms but I suspect they all smell as bad. The appearance is okay but quite old and I daren't open a window because of the fact the room overlooks the highway.
I have nothing good to say about this hotel bar the location. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Krinkles28
Brian1978_063, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites LAX Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I apologize that we fell short in meeting your expectations during your stay at our property. We are a 105 unit property and unfortunately the size of our property only allows us to provide shuttle service on call. Other airport properties such as Marriott and Hilton are much larger in size and do a lot of airport business. This makes sense for them to have a shuttle moving around the terminals at all times. We have taken note of all the areas of service in which we fell short and are working hard to improve on it. I hope you give us a second chance and we will do a better job in serving your needs.

Brian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Miami
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Everyone was really nice

Nervous about the last review I spoke to the manager when I arrived about safety and security, but they put me at ease with a nice clean quiet room and were really attentive.

Free shuttle pick up and drop off was extremely convenient
Complimentary coffee and internet access was a nice touch

Hotel & room were clean and peaceful. HBO and other cable channels on an LG flat screen made it comfortable too!

Wonderful staff with awesome attitudes! Concierge recommended the Mexican place across the street which was AMAZING!

Thanks again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Brian1978_063, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites LAX Airport, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you with your lodging needs. Our entire team is very greatful for the compliments and we will look forward to your future stay with us. We take great pride in providing superior customer service and its nice to hear from you how we did.

Mesquite
Reviewed 11 April 2012

the hotel is a short distance from the airport. However, I was surprised that the room was outdated (I stayed here in 2004) carpet needs replacing. I wanted a quiet room, the hotel clerk did her best to put me in one room which was basically outside of the hallway by the stairwell. bad move, a man tried to break in late that night. I called the desk and they sent up the shuttle driver. I saw people who had questionable jobs (you guess) and there was traffic all night going up and down the stairwells, yelling and screaming. the breakfast was poor, eggs tasted funny, I did not enjoy my stay here at all

Room Tip: dont stay in a room by the outside stairwell.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pocahunter
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Convenience is the key point here--it's just off 405, a short drive (or free shuttle ride) to the airport, so if you're catching a morning flight, you won't have to worry about traffic. It's a larger Comfort Inn, mix of inside and outside corridors. The room was standard, nothing fancy, but clean, comfortable, and well-equipped. Breakfast was a little below standard--some items were out of stock, and its egg disks were old and rubbery, but hey, it;s free, and filled me up well enough for a long flight. Hard to beat the rates. As other reviewers have noted, the parking lot is tight and spots are small--I prayed (successfully) that no one would damage my rental compact. Extra points to the staff--they were overworked when I was there but perfectly patient with even some very strange requests, polite, helpful, and super efficient. (Owners, are you listening?These people were gold.) Biggest drawback--nearby eateries are very limited to fast food and a couple of decidedly low-end restaurants, and the neighborhood is bleak. But I wasn't looking for luxury--just an affordable place to sleep before flying out, and this works fine if that;s your goal.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Brian1978_063, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites LAX Airport, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your business and thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you liked our location and the service of our staff. We always strive hard to make sure each and every guest have a postive experience at our facility. Our breakfast attendant tries very hard to make sure she keeps up with restocking of all the items but sometimes when the hotel is running full occupancy it does become a little challenging. But she is very attentive to any request from the guests. Again thank you for your review and we hope you choose us again for your future lodging needs in Los Angeles..

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I thought I would give this hotel a shot for a few nights after a long trip from Zurich. I actually have mixed feelings about the experience and let me tell you why. Positive points. Close to the airport. Bonus. Regular free shuttle service and the driver is willing to drop you off or pick you up at a rental car company near by. Very big plus! Price point was about right for airport hotels (I booked with priceline.com at 80.00 a night). The room had a tub with jets (though I did not use the jets) strong water pressure, blackout curtains and since it was a suite room, I had two rooms and large screen tvs in each room.
Front desk staff helpful but not at the 4 star level expectation.
Shuttle drivers very kind and timely (and safe). Parking good, though spaces seemed to be all for compacts. Strange.
Good amenities.

The strange part; In the bathroom, there was a toilet and a shower but the sink for brushing teeth and the like was in the bedroom. I didn't get it. Strange. The air conditioning unit was in the bedroom but there was poor air flow into the other room (aside from opening a window). I kept the air con all the time just for air flow. And the unit was dated. Bed was comfortable but the sofa bed in the living room would only be suited for kids, small ones. I felt uncomfortable sitting on it so I doubled the billows for comfort. The complimentary breakfast was ok (as in free) but I suppose you get what you pay for, so depending upon your needs...you get the picture. I went for the bagels and cold cereal and was satisfied. I guess if you want an experience with a hotel I would say pick another place. If on the other hand you are on a budget, with small kids this would be a pretty good option.
Westlake shopping mall is 3 miles away, beaches and other sightseeing options also very close. If you won't be spending much time in the hotel, then this is a pretty good pick. If on the other hand you are wanting to recover from a long flight, eh, probably not. Another good point is that there are several food options right behind the hotel (pizza, chinese, El Pollo Loco and a 7-11). Very convenient. My overall rating, a so-so.

Room Tip: Shop for the best rate. 60-80$ is about right. Find another place if you have to pay more.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Brian1978_063, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites LAX Airport, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our property. Customer reviews are a helpful tool for our management in ensuring superior customer service. All the compliments are much appreciated and we are continuosly working to improve on the areas of serivce in which we did not exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your review and we will look forward to your stay with us in the future.

Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stay here when I can't get into another hotel or I need to be really close to the airport. The staff is really mediocre, parking is tight, and the rooms are OK. They seem to be clean, but could use a major remodel. Sometimes I think the owners are trying to maintain the property just at the minimum to maintain their Choice franchise. The wireless internet is not as speedy as most. Although I rent a car, the shuttle to the hotel is very convenient and runs regularly. Since it's a block from I-405, access is easy for someone to pick you up if you fly in late or leave early and need to be dropped off.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Brian1978_063, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites LAX Airport, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you taking time to review your stay at our property. We have taken note of areas of service in which we did not meet your expectations. I want to assure you that we will do everything we can to make your future stay with us comfortable and enjoyable.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Good Hotel, Spacious rooms. Good value for money. Very near LAX, Shuttle drops u to airport but I could not contact them for pickup as phone number is not available every where in the web.
Lobby is very small ( Few sofa ) for one family may be. May be sit in the dinning room and wait for the shuttle. Good front desk staff. Helpful. Microwave in room with coffee maker. Carpets are getting a bit old. Renovation / Lift repair going on now.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX
La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX
#114 of 351 in Los Angeles
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,431 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites LAX Airport? Share your experiences!