Quality Inn & Suites Los Angeles Airport - LAX
US$98
US$80
US$147
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspanda expresstwo room suitefree shuttletwo queen bedsincluded breakfasthot breakfastyogurtroom was clean and comfortablewould stay againfridge and microwavelate checklos angelescar rentalhotel shuttleflightproximitylanding
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Everyone was really nice

Nervous about the last review I spoke to the manager when I arrived about safety and security, but they put me at ease with a nice clean quiet room and were really attentive.

Free shuttle pick up and drop off was extremely convenient
Complimentary coffee and internet access was a nice touch

Hotel & room were clean and peaceful. HBO and other cable channels on an LG flat screen made it comfortable too!

Wonderful staff with awesome attitudes! Concierge recommended the Mexican place across the street which was AMAZING!

Thanks again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Brian1978_063, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Los Angeles Airport - LAX, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you with your lodging needs. Our entire team is very greatful for the compliments and we will look forward to your future stay with us. We take great pride in providing superior customer service and its nice to hear from you how we did.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

the hotel is a short distance from the airport. However, I was surprised that the room was outdated (I stayed here in 2004) carpet needs replacing. I wanted a quiet room, the hotel clerk did her best to put me in one room which was basically outside of the hallway by the stairwell. bad move, a man tried to break in late that night. I called the desk and they sent up the shuttle driver. I saw people who had questionable jobs (you guess) and there was traffic all night going up and down the stairwells, yelling and screaming. the breakfast was poor, eggs tasted funny, I did not enjoy my stay here at all

Room Tip: dont stay in a room by the outside stairwell.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pocahunter
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Convenience is the key point here--it's just off 405, a short drive (or free shuttle ride) to the airport, so if you're catching a morning flight, you won't have to worry about traffic. It's a larger Comfort Inn, mix of inside and outside corridors. The room was standard, nothing fancy, but clean, comfortable, and well-equipped. Breakfast was a little below standard--some items were out of stock, and its egg disks were old and rubbery, but hey, it;s free, and filled me up well enough for a long flight. Hard to beat the rates. As other reviewers have noted, the parking lot is tight and spots are small--I prayed (successfully) that no one would damage my rental compact. Extra points to the staff--they were overworked when I was there but perfectly patient with even some very strange requests, polite, helpful, and super efficient. (Owners, are you listening?These people were gold.) Biggest drawback--nearby eateries are very limited to fast food and a couple of decidedly low-end restaurants, and the neighborhood is bleak. But I wasn't looking for luxury--just an affordable place to sleep before flying out, and this works fine if that;s your goal.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Brian1978_063, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Los Angeles Airport - LAX, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your business and thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you liked our location and the service of our staff. We always strive hard to make sure each and every guest have a postive experience at our facility. Our breakfast attendant tries very hard to make sure she keeps up with restocking of all the items but sometimes when the hotel is running full occupancy it does become a little challenging. But she is very attentive to any request from the guests. Again thank you for your review and we hope you choose us again for your future lodging needs in Los Angeles..

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I thought I would give this hotel a shot for a few nights after a long trip from Zurich. I actually have mixed feelings about the experience and let me tell you why. Positive points. Close to the airport. Bonus. Regular free shuttle service and the driver is willing to drop you off or pick you up at a rental car company near by. Very big plus! Price point was about right for airport hotels (I booked with priceline.com at 80.00 a night). The room had a tub with jets (though I did not use the jets) strong water pressure, blackout curtains and since it was a suite room, I had two rooms and large screen tvs in each room.
Front desk staff helpful but not at the 4 star level expectation.
Shuttle drivers very kind and timely (and safe). Parking good, though spaces seemed to be all for compacts. Strange.
Good amenities.

The strange part; In the bathroom, there was a toilet and a shower but the sink for brushing teeth and the like was in the bedroom. I didn't get it. Strange. The air conditioning unit was in the bedroom but there was poor air flow into the other room (aside from opening a window). I kept the air con all the time just for air flow. And the unit was dated. Bed was comfortable but the sofa bed in the living room would only be suited for kids, small ones. I felt uncomfortable sitting on it so I doubled the billows for comfort. The complimentary breakfast was ok (as in free) but I suppose you get what you pay for, so depending upon your needs...you get the picture. I went for the bagels and cold cereal and was satisfied. I guess if you want an experience with a hotel I would say pick another place. If on the other hand you are on a budget, with small kids this would be a pretty good option.
Westlake shopping mall is 3 miles away, beaches and other sightseeing options also very close. If you won't be spending much time in the hotel, then this is a pretty good pick. If on the other hand you are wanting to recover from a long flight, eh, probably not. Another good point is that there are several food options right behind the hotel (pizza, chinese, El Pollo Loco and a 7-11). Very convenient. My overall rating, a so-so.

Room Tip: Shop for the best rate. 60-80$ is about right. Find another place if you have to pay more.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Brian1978_063, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Los Angeles Airport - LAX, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our property. Customer reviews are a helpful tool for our management in ensuring superior customer service. All the compliments are much appreciated and we are continuosly working to improve on the areas of serivce in which we did not exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your review and we will look forward to your stay with us in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stay here when I can't get into another hotel or I need to be really close to the airport. The staff is really mediocre, parking is tight, and the rooms are OK. They seem to be clean, but could use a major remodel. Sometimes I think the owners are trying to maintain the property just at the minimum to maintain their Choice franchise. The wireless internet is not as speedy as most. Although I rent a car, the shuttle to the hotel is very convenient and runs regularly. Since it's a block from I-405, access is easy for someone to pick you up if you fly in late or leave early and need to be dropped off.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Brian1978_063, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Los Angeles Airport - LAX, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you taking time to review your stay at our property. We have taken note of areas of service in which we did not meet your expectations. I want to assure you that we will do everything we can to make your future stay with us comfortable and enjoyable.