“airport option”
Review of Adventurer Hotel

Adventurer Hotel
Reviewed 25 May 2012

flying out early the next day for international flight i wanted to be close. it's the only reason you should stay here. proximity to LAX and shuttle.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 78Cutchy
There are newer reviews for Adventurer Hotel

Reviewed 16 May 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Adventurer Hotel in Inglewood. THe enviornment was very tropical, with well-kept grounds and had a lovely pool and recreation area. I can't speak for all of the suites, but I was privileged to stay in one of the charming bungalos. It was lovely and quiet and had a big screen TV in the sitting area and frig in the kitchenette area. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating, and did their best to make sure I had a pleasant stay. A downside was the location in the 'low rent' area of Inglewood--but this allowed the hotel to be affordable (other economy hotels were nearby). It was also very accessible to major freeways and to LAX. The parking was a bit tricky, since although there were several parking lots, the abundance of cars resulted in sometimes waking up to being blocked in. However, there was a designated person on staff who would miraculously free up your car in a short amount of time, when needed. There were a lot of freebies and the little restaurant on site had delicious and reasonably-priced food. The clientele was varied and colorful; many travelers from around the globe who were interesting to talk to. The atmosphere was casual but friendly. I would stay there again and recommend it to my friends!

Room Tip: Opt for a bungalo, if available.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I found The Adventurer on line after realising I was flying out in 2 days and had neglected to book accommodation. Booked on line nice and simple, it was close to where I was picking up my hire car and the airport good enough. Found the Hotel easy enough although the internet address put me on the other side of the road, but that massive sign lets you know you’ve arrived at The Adventurer.
I was surprised when I arrived to find it was more of a hostel than hotel but so what I was only staying there for 5 days not living there. Poor staff looked a bit tired as there must have been at least a dozen travellers all at reception requesting multiple things in multiple languages. Booked in no problems and taken to my room. It kicked in when I was looking out a broken window listening to the numerous sirens that I had put no effort into researching my accommodation, the place was incredibly cheap compared to other nearby hotels; “you get what you pay for”.
Believe it or not I was grateful. The place had atmosphere and character as did the host of incredible weird and wonderful people I had the opportunity to meet and spend time with.
The room was large and dated, the hot water in the shower took a minute to warm up, the TV cable was working (only fell asleep to it), small bar fridge was more than adequate, room was cleaned daily. There really was nothing to whine about, the staff were friendly and informative when they were not besieged by people who thought they must have been staying in a 5 star resort instead of Inglewood. Liked the facilities, Wi-Fi a bit dodgy, pool table, pinball machines, laundry facilities, continuous card games etc. being played in the common areas. Short drive to great food places, shopping, movies, casino and of course LA’s attractions.
If you are not prepared to compromise this may not be the best place for you to stay but for a bit of Adventure I had a blast.
Forgot to mention the Restaurant, Fantastic variety of food and wonderful service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Godfrey101
Reviewed 11 May 2012

this is a really nice hostel/hotel, the only disappointment is the staff, unless you know them then you may get a smile but if you are new then don’t expect them to be nice.
You do get a lot of free stuff when booking with this hostel, but the thing is if you are on a budget there are no kitchen facilities to be able to cook your own meals.
The provide a shuttle bus to the nearest metro station and when you want a return they make you call them when you arrive back to the station. We didn’t haven’t a mobile phone, we just used pay phones, but at the metro station there isn’t a pay phone, best thing is to catch the number 40 bus and get off at century blvd and walk which only takes about 30seconds, you will get there faster than if you wait for them to pick you up.
Best thing to do is if you are there for a week buy a TAP car for $20 you can use the buses & metro with that card and go any where. Or a day pass for $5, because of the location of the hostel you will use it enough to get your moneys worth.
In good location to few shops and essential stuff but takes about 1 1\2 hrs to Hollywood walk of fame.
Also i the 18 bed dorms, you dont have alot of space to put your bag any where.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Me and some friends (3girls and 2 guys) stayed here about a year ago to go to Universal Studios. It was the funniest experience ever!!

Upon arrival one of the guys, whom is black, got pulled over while parking our vehicle because the cops thought his ride was too nice for an African American to be driving (they said so themselves). They even pulled out their guns on him. LOL. The parking lot is all gated with bobbed wire fencing, which kinda made us nervous and thought twice about staying there..

The other guests there seem to be enjoying themselves and it felt safe (only becasue we were with two guys). There was people everyone so you won't get that abandoned hotel feel..

The lights in our room kept turning on and off every few hours so me and the other two girls thought the hotel was haunted. After the first day we just got use to it and it became unusual when the lights didn't turn off..

The beds we're very comfy! I thought with the sirens, airplanes and other guests who were lounging downstairs I wouldn't get no sleep but once I laid down I was out!

We never got a chance to try the food our the pool because we were trying to stay on a schedule but they looked nice!

TV only had a few channels and they were all blurry but we didn't have time to watch too much TV, I only know this because when us girls were getting ready they guys would be waiting and so they tried the TV..

At first this hotel scared us (mainly one girl and guy. HAHA!) But we went to see California and have fun! Not sit in a hotel room! So, if your young, around 21 and looking for fun, this place will do!! And you'll have a great memory of that crazy hotel you stayed in.. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a "family vacation" though. I hope anyone who stays here enjoys it as much as me and my friends did =)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ali L
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The hotel it self is ok but if you try to check in or return to hotel late, you will find all parking spaces filled and you will have to let the staff double park your car. If you check in before 4pm there will be parking space available to you but if you leave before 8 am you will be block in with all the double park cars. The staff had to move 5 cars to allow me to leave. If you don't leave your car keys with the desk, they will wake you up to move your car. I was delayed 20 minutes. The staff will remove the block cars so you can leave but it might take up to 30 minutes. If you have a rental car and if you let the staff park your car, you will be libel for any damages. Most insurance companies will not cover any damages if you let a unauthorized driver drive your car. The rooms were clean and the staff was above average.

Room Tip: Check in or return to hotel before 4 PM and leave after 9am.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank vawr
Reviewed 25 April 2012

If you smoke pot, like to sleep in filth and want to be treated poorly then this is the place for you. Worst hotel experience of my entire life. Place is a mess, the staff rude and you get NO sleep as it's noisy from people, sirens and airplanes all night long. There are not enough negative adjectives to describe this place. Be smart...Stay away.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bob a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Value Inn Worldwide
Westside
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to Adventurer Hotel? Share your experiences!