“Disgraceful and Appalling”

Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Houston, TX
“Disgraceful and Appalling”
Reviewed 25 May 2011

To hell with this place. My how the place has turned into a dump 4 years after I initially stayed here. Had I known how bad it had gotten I would've never stayed here again.

After finally getting thru customs at about 1am, my wife and I waited for the hotel shuttle. In the past there was no charge, but now there is a $5 per person fee which I begrudgingly agreed to. 2 shuttles showed up at the same time. I asked the driver of the first van if he was the Century Blvd Super 8. He said no. I asked the 2nd driver if he was going to Century Blvd. He said yes and we went with him. Well we got off the shuttle and guess what we were taken to a different Super 8. I told the driver, dude I asked if you were going to Century Blvd and you said yes. Where the hell are we then? He said there was only one Super 8. Obviously he was wrong. To boot for some reason I gave the idiot a $10 payment, which he didn't even bother returning considering we were taken to the wrong hotel.

I call the Inglewood hotel and the night desk clerk agrees to send the driver over. When he arrives, it is the driver of the first shuttle that I initially asked. I told him dude I talked to you first and you told me you weren't going to Century Blvd. At this point I'm thinking are all LAX shuttle drivers completely incompetent?

Finally arrived at the hotel past 2am. Remember the $5 per person fee? Well the night clerk tells me it's $7 per person. Even though it clearly says on the Super 8 site that it's only $5. So for a round trip for myself and my wife, $28 was added to the hotel bill. I tell the guy to cut me a break considering the shuttle fiasco and that I already tipped the idiot driver $10 for nothing, No luck. I was fuming mad.

In the morning I simply told the day clerk that I was charged $7 instead of $5. With no argument, he admitted the night clerk's mistake and refunded me the correct total of $8. So you know what this tell me? That the night guy was totally out to rip me off. Satisfaction at last! It was a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Avoid this hotel. Go to the LAX Super 8 on Airport Blvd instead. That's the location we were incorrectly taken to. Since we waited half an hour there, I had the opportunity to engage Sam the night clerk there in enlightening and friendly conversation. And their shuttle is free of charge.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TheAnswer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Indonesian first
Los Angeles, California, USA
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My first gut was to stay at the Courtyard by Marriot and we decided to try and save money so we drove to LAX area... My three kids and I have asthma and requested a non-smoking room... the moment we walked through door... the smoke hit us like a ton a brinks! The restroom was far worse! The front desk guy had a I DO NOT CARE ATTITUDE because the room was non-smoking. Gave us glade spray and I asked why was there an ashtray if it was smoke free? LAST STRAW was my lil' 8 yr old girl tell me she couldn't use the restroom because it smelled like cigarette. I complained enough that we were given a suite with a jacuzzi and a king size bed that looked like a oversized twin. My three lil ones - 10, 8, 3 and took the "king" bed and my husband and I took the floor... NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! The neighborhood was not an issue since we're from LA and know how to deal with the "hood"... no biggie... but.. We promised ourselves when it came to traveling with the kids... and with both of us working... we WILL spend the extra 50 bucks... our kids deserve better and so do yours! Asthmatics and those with kids... GO ELSEWhERE!!!!

Room Tip: GO ELSEWhERE!!! That's my tip!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 February 2011

There are two Super 8's, and this is not the one that I thought I booked online. Figure it there is no shuttle between the two..

And then when I finally arrived, my room smelt putrid, the area is outside the 'hotel belt' and I'm not sure I got the rest I needed after my flight.

There's a hostel a few doors down... maybe it would be a better option. Personally, give me a Comfort Inn anyday.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 17 February 2011

My wife and I had a reservation here but were not able to make it to the hotel due to airline mechanical problems. I called the front desk and asked to cancel the reservation. I was unaware (my fault) that there was a 24 hour cancellation policy but the staff kindly let us cancel which was very helpful. That is great service and was most appreciated. I cannot comment on the physical property as I never made the stay, the customer service I encountered however was good.

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Irvine
Reviewed 15 October 2010

The checkin was fast and the fron desk person Shawn was friendly and did a great job. I also like the fact that he knew the area well and pointed us in all the right directions. We went to the Hollywood Race Track which was not too far from the hotel. The rooms and staff were great. Excellent Value.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I stayed here with a friend for five nights. The place was gross and smelled like smoke. We had to tell the manager to clean the room properly because we had bugs in it. Yes it is conveniently close to LAX and yes the shuttle is only $5 but the atmosphere might make you slightly uncomfortable. Its pretty much in the hood so you can take that however you want. Their wireless was crap and the "continental breakfast" consisted of toast and juice and they only had two little coffee tables inside the office for you to sit and eat. I highly do not recommenced this place for anyone ESPECIALLY if you are on vacation with children; I don't think this motel is an appropriate environment for them.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank tifft6
Little Canada, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 January 2010

We stayed at this hotel, because of location near LAX and price, which stated 49.99 with free for under 17 airport shuttle. Got there late at night, found out price is now 69.99 and under 14 is free for airport shuttle. Room was a mess! Dirty carpet and smelly! Rude man at front desk all of a sudden couldn't remember English when we complained. We had several calls from a party down in the hotel throughout the night, night manager couldn't care less! After talking to other people on the shuttle on the way to the airport seems they also received several annoying phone calls.
As for the location to LAX that was the only redeeming quality of this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank red9865
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Value Inn Worldwide
#9 of 32 in Inglewood
Westside
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Best Western Airpark Hotel
#5 of 32 in Inglewood

Been to Super 8 Inglewood/lax/la Airport? Share your experiences!