“Super friendly staff and great rooms.”

Super 8 Inglewood/lax/la Airport
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Culver City, California
“Super friendly staff and great rooms.”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stay in this hotel at least twice a week. I love the staff, they are all friendly and very knowledgable. The rooms are great, I've never had a problem. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to others. It's in a good location CVS, Burger King, Subway, Pizza Hut, Jack in the Box, etc. This hotel is always my first choice!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Hey_daisy2001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Lax motels expensive and this was the cheapest we could find but still over $60 for 2.
We were on 3rd floor at back not too noisy planes stopped at midnight and started at 6.30am but we had an early flight so that wasn't a problem.
Rooms tired, but clean and there was a hair dryer.
Not great part of town but a Chillis and Red Lobster 1 mile past hotel with a Target and burger places for last minute shopping, (not walking distance)
Breakfast minimal but ok

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Arrived late. Left early. Needed an inexpensive room near LAX. The good news was that the sheets were clean and new. But the room needs a deep cleaning. The mattress was old. Dust bunnies falling off the bathroom light fixture over the sink. Dirt in corners of the carpet that a vacuum doesn't get. Hair in tub that wasn't mine. It costs no more to have clean rooms if housekeeping does their job. Shows a lack of pride through long term neglect. Do not confuse this Super 8 with the other one closer to the airport which is consistently immaculate but near the runway with a lot of overhead jet noise.

• Stayed December 2011
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I was scheduled to be in Los Angeles for an event and reserved a room with Super 8 Inglewood/LAX 4238 Century Blvd., Inglewood, CA 90304 . While en route I experienced vehicle problems and my trip had to be cancelled. I contacted the staff at this Super 8 location and the manager seemed genuinely concerned and eager to assist me with my situation. All I can say is that I was very impressed with the service and very pleased with the outcome. My family and I will not hesitate staying at this establishment and would recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I appreciated the help that the guys provided me in a difficult situation.

My plane flight home was cancelled and I was left looking for local accommodation at 1.00am, along with 400 other competing passengers. A quick phone call was all it took to get organised, and the front desk was kind enough to help me get organised when I arrived at 1.30am. No fuss, no bother...just what I needed in a stressful situation.

A heartfelt thanks and congratulations on a great job to all!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Houston, TX
Reviewed 25 May 2011

To hell with this place. My how the place has turned into a dump 4 years after I initially stayed here. Had I known how bad it had gotten I would've never stayed here again.

After finally getting thru customs at about 1am, my wife and I waited for the hotel shuttle. In the past there was no charge, but now there is a $5 per person fee which I begrudgingly agreed to. 2 shuttles showed up at the same time. I asked the driver of the first van if he was the Century Blvd Super 8. He said no. I asked the 2nd driver if he was going to Century Blvd. He said yes and we went with him. Well we got off the shuttle and guess what we were taken to a different Super 8. I told the driver, dude I asked if you were going to Century Blvd and you said yes. Where the hell are we then? He said there was only one Super 8. Obviously he was wrong. To boot for some reason I gave the idiot a $10 payment, which he didn't even bother returning considering we were taken to the wrong hotel.

I call the Inglewood hotel and the night desk clerk agrees to send the driver over. When he arrives, it is the driver of the first shuttle that I initially asked. I told him dude I talked to you first and you told me you weren't going to Century Blvd. At this point I'm thinking are all LAX shuttle drivers completely incompetent?

Finally arrived at the hotel past 2am. Remember the $5 per person fee? Well the night clerk tells me it's $7 per person. Even though it clearly says on the Super 8 site that it's only $5. So for a round trip for myself and my wife, $28 was added to the hotel bill. I tell the guy to cut me a break considering the shuttle fiasco and that I already tipped the idiot driver $10 for nothing, No luck. I was fuming mad.

In the morning I simply told the day clerk that I was charged $7 instead of $5. With no argument, he admitted the night clerk's mistake and refunded me the correct total of $8. So you know what this tell me? That the night guy was totally out to rip me off. Satisfaction at last! It was a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Avoid this hotel. Go to the LAX Super 8 on Airport Blvd instead. That's the location we were incorrectly taken to. Since we waited half an hour there, I had the opportunity to engage Sam the night clerk there in enlightening and friendly conversation. And their shuttle is free of charge.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple